All member reviews for Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Just as charming and curious as it was in 1985.

Educator and Parent Written byPhilip L. September 13, 2016

The Large Marge (truck driver) nightmarish jump-scare will ruin your little kid's night

The movie is 99% fine, but then there's Tim Burton's Beetlejuice-style screaming horror for 5 seconds in the truck. So if there's littles in the room, fingers on the pause button when Pee Wee gets picked up hitchhiking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHunter.O July 2, 2016

I might have enjoyed this too much.

Okay this movie is great! But, since Tim Burton did direct it, there are some things that would definitely scare kids. Large Marge anyone? Yes she and her story are quite scary, and so is Pee Wee's second dream. But, if you are holding a remote while watching it with your kids it should be fine. Also Some things that might bother parents: Pee Wee dresses like a girl (will helping a criminal, whom he believed just cut the tag off of a mattress), He mentions "Big But", not how you think though, and he enters a bar full of dark people. These things don't bother me though, especially if I watched it with a 10 year old. It really depends on the kid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIzzy13 August 4, 2015

Awful

It is a waste of time. My little brother (9) loves it. But the rest of my family agrees that it is the worst. It is ridiculous and pee wee is a grown guy acting like a six year old. Young kids Might like it but older kids probably won't.
Parent Written bymatts5 February 6, 2015

Good with questionable spots

Another fun, iconic movie from my childhood that reminded me that the 80s were a bit less sensitive than we are now. We skipped over Large Marge and the evil clown/devil doctors that dance around his bike and that was fine but a few moments in the movie are in there that might shock you and might not suit a more sensitive parent or child.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2014

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bymo_cubsfan November 5, 2010

my kids love this movie and so do I

Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2009