All member reviews for Penelope

Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous March 10, 2009

Lovable Love Story!

This movie was great! A long time ago there a curse was set on the next baby girl born in the family. Penelope is the first one. After a gazillion guys, one who actually might love her shows up. But he's not rich so he doesn't accept her. He wants her to break the spell and be happy. That to me was so sweet. This guy - James McAvoy - did a great job. Of course it ends with the finally every after but I don't want to expose much for those who haven't seen it. Its like a fairy tale and told like one, so its pretty cool for the whole family. All the actors were great. The worse things they show are gambling and drinking and two kisses. Like if they were a huge factor! Watch this movie its a lot of Fun!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygeckogirl August 3, 2010

A very good movie! My older sister and I loved it!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoony718 January 14, 2015

A Favorite

Great soundtrack, great cast, and really artsy. They combine modern with vintage, and have a mix of English and American cast, so you can never tell where it's supposed to take place. The reason I say nine and up is that there is some mild cursing (da** or hel_). Many kids younger than that could probably see it. It's most enjoyable for kids 5th grade and up.
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2011

Pretty good

Its a pretty good movie, me and my sister enjoyed it. Definitely a tween sleepover movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatieopen August 20, 2011

too much for young kids

its too much based on a man througing all his money away on gambling and playing cards.not a very good kissing scene
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2011

this movie rocks. it is a great family film. there is a book 2
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissydooda April 8, 2011

This is a great movie. It had me laughing, then crying, and then laughing again! it is a twist on a romantic modern fairy tale. i just loved it! there is some bad words in it, but nothing too bad. i mean it is pg so it cant b 2 bad. there is a kissing scene, but it is not too bad. if u r worried about it cover your kids eyes. my 9 year old brother watched it and he loves it too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickchick15004 December 31, 2010

was kinda boring. very difficult to sit trough. missed half of the story because i fell asleep. on the whole VERRRRRRYYYYYYY BAD AND BORING
Teen, 13 years old Written byskyrebel August 15, 2010

Perfect for Tweens, not so great for Younger Children

I think the movie has a message hidden inside it, saying it doesn't matter what you look like, it's who you are inside
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 May 30, 2010

Awesome movie, but watch out!

I hated when the men ran away from Penelope, but it was a very good movie! Penelope does drink, but she's 25. The movie says that you should like yourself for who you are, and to never get up.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

This movie is DEFINITELY NOT FOR 10+! This movie says sh** at least 5 times and it shows alcohol as a good thing and that is is soooo delicious! HORRIBLE ROLE MODELS AND BAD ACTING!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 19, 2009

Uhhh...

Ummm... I'm not big on the kissing, but I guess its an ok movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2009

Perfect for Tweens

I really loved this movie. I thought that the end kissing sequences should have been more moderate. Penelope did have a few too many drinks in the middle, (and resulted drunk), but it was a very clean movie. A little moderate cussing, but approved for 9+!
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2009

Romantic Movie with No Faults

I LOVE this movie! I watched it with my friend and my sister who was six at the time and she didn't love it as much as me because she didn't understand it but she watches it now and loves it because she can understand it. It is a sweet movie with a WONDERFUL message. The drinking and smoking isn't awful, and Penelope is older so she needs to learn to drink. The language slips 4 or 5 times in the entire movie, and is just a h--- or d---, nothing worse. It is just romance, so it has to have some intense kissing, which I personally loved. This will appeal to ages 7+
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Piggy is awesome

This is a awesome movie you should see it.

Great Story!

A fresh original movie that has a goo story plot and surprising ending. I reccomend for ages 6 +. I love Penelope!