All member reviews for Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

PJO Rocks!

Nice movie, better than 1st. Deserved 3 stars at least. Monsters might be a bit scary, blah,blah,blah. Just inaccurate quality rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKenzi333 August 7, 2013

So much better than the first!

I really don't understand the low rating, I thought this movie was great! Definitely a huge improvement on The Lightning Thief. The film makers must have gotten the hint that nobody likes it when a book adaptation isn't true to the actual book because this time around they included tons of scenes/aspects from the book (ex. Hermes's snakes George and Martha). And with the improvement of the movie came the improvement of the acting. I have to admit I wasn't very impressed with their performance in the first one. But they seemed to step up their game here, and they really are fantastic, especially Logan Lerman and Alexandra Daddario. And the special effects! WAY better! I was terrified that this movie would be just as bad (or worse) as the first one. But trust me, it's not! I thought this movie was completely worthy of the Percy Jackson name. I left the movie feeling satisfied and stoked for The Titan's Curse! So happy this franchise has been saved!
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2013

Impresive Change!

The movie was great! I like this one MUCH more. I think they did not change the movie from the book so much like in the other one. The special effects have improved but the important part is that they stayed true to the book. It can be scary . What you have to know is that the effects have improved so the monsters have to. It is a VERY nice movie and leaves you anxious for the next!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiPunk August 9, 2013

Good sequel shows a social conflict

Gordon got attacked by a group, and Annabeth stepped in to help and she got attacked too. That's a complicated situation because people say if you are being attacked, yell for help. People also say if you see a crime, do not intervene. Stay at a safe distance and call the police. If everyone stays at a distance, yelling for help would be pointless. There needs to be some agreement between what to do or there needs to be a special way you can help without being attacked yourself. There is a lot of action, and some bloodless fighting with swords. It is very different from the original.
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

Amazing Movie!

Great movie. Not much like the book, but more like the book than The Lightning Thief movie. Just because it wasn't that much like the book doesn't mean that it was bad at all though! I absolutely loved it and would watch it a million other times. They definitely did a lot of work to make up for the first movie. Annabeth has blonde hair (thank you Alexandra Daddario), we finally have Clarisse, and Dionysus is there! *Spoiler Alert Below for those who didn't read the books* Anyway, the Thalia scene at the end was just perfect! I had been waiting for this when I read the book, and it was amazing. Paloma Kwiatkowski had a great closing scene for a first feature film. I am looking forward to seeing more.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 August 9, 2013

Alright but not as good as first

I love the first film and all the books, a little disappointed about this one. The film has good humor but it doesn't relate to the book much at all. The oracle is likely to scare lots of little kids because of its demon/ skeleton like appearance and so might the cyclops but they're not as big of an issue. Likeable characters but lacking action in this often fun and entertaining sequel. 3.5 stars and ok for ages 8+. Grade B-
Teen, 17 years old Written bybooklover9999 August 12, 2013

Nothing like the book!!!!!!!

This movie wasn't like the book at all the ending was all over the place and the special effects were nothing great its not really worth seeing in my opinion. Overall no one should bother to see the film if they cherish the awesomeness of the book.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Good as 1st

good movie.... sort of creepy when girl becomes one with tree. zombies in some places
Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2013

Really good movie!

I thought this movie was really good! Some parts are a little scary for young ones and some parts are pretty violence! I rate this a four stars because when Percy is really 13 he really looks like they age 17! I think almost everyone would enjoy this movie! Enjoy the movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byArry August 17, 2013

Better than before!

So, we're still not going with the books. But, I think this movie is making up for the mistakes the previous movie made. For that, I applaud them. But it still wasn't there. Maybe the next movie will be better. My main problem was the character portrayal. It might just be me, but I get annoyed when movies don't portray the characters like the books do. So I'll give you three words: Clarisse la Rue. In the book, she's a hard, brave bully. The movie got that, great. But she's too pretty in the movie. Where's the bandana? Where's the greasy hair? Where's the sweaty face? And Tyson. In the book, he's an innocent little baby who hero-worships Percy. In the movie, he's wise and soulful. The only thing that matched was his clumsiness. I loved him to bits, but it just annoyed me a bit. But as I said, that might just be me. Finally, Percy is supposed to be cool, purposeful and collected. But in the movie, all he can do is whine about how Daddy left him, he's all alone in this big wide world without any help. And Daddy's found a new favourite. Boo hoo. Wake up and smell the coffee! All demigods have that! Which god have you seen that comes down on earth to check up on their darling children?! That kind of attitude will only bring you to Luke's standards. Yeesh. But there is some good stuff in the movie. It's watchable. Percy and Luke are still cute as ever (squeak!) and Thalia looks great. Grover is funny, Tyson's a babe and overall, I liked it!
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2013

Predictable, Okay Sequel Doesn't Live Up To The Book

Rebiew by rsm2. Predictable, okay sequel doesn't live up to the book. Key moments in the plot were cut out, which will greatly annoy Percy Jackson faithfuls. Acting is fine,but a little bit cheesy. I liked it, but I know most other people won't.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2013

Awesome!!!

This movie is so awesome!!! It followed the book better than the last movie and the acting was great!!! I think that it sent lots of positive messages about brotherhood and friendship. The special effects were way better than the last movies' special effects! PG is a good rating for this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymsmaecastillo August 10, 2013

Fantastic, Although Nothing Like Book.

I am a huuuge fan of the books, read every one a million times. Although these movies are fantastic, they are nothing like the books, so if you read this book with your kid, the movie is completely different. In the movie Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) goes on a quest to save Camp Halfblood. The positive messages are pushed throughout the movie. Family is a big message, telling people families need to stick together and love each other. Other positive messages include things like; don't care what people think about you, you can help shape your own destiny, and of course friends are forever. Percy, Annabeth, Hermes, Clarisse, Grover, and especially Tyson are great roll models. There is a lot of violence, but nothing to gory or crazy. Tyson does get shot in the stomach with an arrow **SPOILER ALERT (he lives) and is pictured falling off a cliff. Annabeth is pierced in the back by a scorpion tail. There isn't much cussing, a couple of d words and Grover almost says the b word, but is cut off and just says bbbb. That's really all! It's great movie! There is one reference to God (Christian) about how he changes water into wine made by Dionysus, and Luke refers to Kronos as lord. I would totally suggest this movie! It's great!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2013

Best movie of the year!

It was really great. I went to see it with my dad. He loved it. The book was a little bit better. I know I am positive i'm going to see the Titan's Curse which will probably come in 2015 since it take 2 years to make a movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyforluvingyou7 August 15, 2013

Good, but only if you didn't read the books.

I enjoyed this movie, but it doesn't match the book as well as it should have. The general idea was the same, but if you read the book, you would notice the individual wrong details. Not inappropriate, good for older children, but not for children who get scared easily or freaked out my monsters and violence. There wasn't much violence, only a few battles, so that wasn't an issue. The movie isn't as good as the book, because the movie skipped over certain scenes and didn't quite get the details right. Overall, it was a good film. But don't see it in 3-D because it only adds depth, nothing really pops out at you like it should.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzozotanarg14 August 9, 2013

Chance

I really loved this film I went to see it in the cinema today. It's action-packed yet emotional, which is a good mix for this genre. The cast was amazing, despite the original characters' ages had to be altered - I didn't really mind that. I know that a lot of people think these films are going to be bad, but I've read the books and I think if the film people try to stick to them a little more they'll be great. I also think a lot of people have labelled these films as for kids and light comedy, but they have a deeper meaning - this series, yes, is about demigods and fantasy, but it's also about making choices and finding who you are. I think by the time they make "The Last Olympian" into a film, people will have changed their minds, and in a good way. All I'm saying is, give this series a chance, because it deserves that.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2013

Great show worth the 10 bucks to go to the movie!!!

this movie is excellent!!! it was worth the ten bucks to go to the movie. It didn't follow the book to well though because they added some stuff to give it a point and they made it a little to dramatic in some points. Even though that stuff was an issue it was still a good flick.I would recommend reading the book before watching the movie because they do not explain some stuff as well as they did in the books so, read the first two books first!!!!!! and I mean it. Like I said good no great show
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2013

Great

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters is very good even though it doesn't match the books. There is a little bit of violence but nothing 10 year olds can't handle!
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

AMAZING ACTION MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

Great movie loved it. Action movie of the summer. Way way way better then the first better acting and way better action!!!!!! Read the book then see the movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Percy Jackson fans have to see this! See it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 10, 2013

BAD

Don't see it