All teen and kid member reviews for Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

PJO Rocks!

Nice movie, better than 1st. Deserved 3 stars at least. Monsters might be a bit scary, blah,blah,blah. Just inaccurate quality rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKenzi333 August 7, 2013

So much better than the first!

I really don't understand the low rating, I thought this movie was great! Definitely a huge improvement on The Lightning Thief. The film makers must have gotten the hint that nobody likes it when a book adaptation isn't true to the actual book because this time around they included tons of scenes/aspects from the book (ex. Hermes's snakes George and Martha). And with the improvement of the movie came the improvement of the acting. I have to admit I wasn't very impressed with their performance in the first one. But they seemed to step up their game here, and they really are fantastic, especially Logan Lerman and Alexandra Daddario. And the special effects! WAY better! I was terrified that this movie would be just as bad (or worse) as the first one. But trust me, it's not! I thought this movie was completely worthy of the Percy Jackson name. I left the movie feeling satisfied and stoked for The Titan's Curse! So happy this franchise has been saved!
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2013

Awesome!!!

This movie is so awesome!!! It followed the book better than the last movie and the acting was great!!! I think that it sent lots of positive messages about brotherhood and friendship. The special effects were way better than the last movies' special effects! PG is a good rating for this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybooklover9999 August 12, 2013

Nothing like the book!!!!!!!

This movie wasn't like the book at all the ending was all over the place and the special effects were nothing great its not really worth seeing in my opinion. Overall no one should bother to see the film if they cherish the awesomeness of the book.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

I Hate This Movie

This is the worst movie of 2013. K? It really sucks. Ya know the girl who plays Annabeth she is like 27 !!!!!! This is really crazy You might say I'm crazy because u guys are crazy fans but i not kidding. They never get anything correct i luv the books but the movies are bad.
Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2013

Disappointing.

I'll admit it. The graphics were pretty awesome. Kronos looked amazing! However, the movie was in no way true to the book. Percy read the prophecy three movies too early.
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2013

BAD BAD AND MORE BAD!

So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. This movie is so messed up! For fans who like a movie that leaves the book's plot far behind, then this is the film for you! If you are like me and want a movie that shows the book a little respect, then don't bother. SPOILER ALERT: Kronos comes back and they defeat him all in about ten minutes. Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttttt??????? This movie is terrible!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 10, 2013

BAD

Don't see it
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2013

Predictable, Okay Sequel Doesn't Live Up To The Book

Rebiew by rsm2. Predictable, okay sequel doesn't live up to the book. Key moments in the plot were cut out, which will greatly annoy Percy Jackson faithfuls. Acting is fine,but a little bit cheesy. I liked it, but I know most other people won't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzozotanarg14 August 9, 2013

Chance

I really loved this film I went to see it in the cinema today. It's action-packed yet emotional, which is a good mix for this genre. The cast was amazing, despite the original characters' ages had to be altered - I didn't really mind that. I know that a lot of people think these films are going to be bad, but I've read the books and I think if the film people try to stick to them a little more they'll be great. I also think a lot of people have labelled these films as for kids and light comedy, but they have a deeper meaning - this series, yes, is about demigods and fantasy, but it's also about making choices and finding who you are. I think by the time they make "The Last Olympian" into a film, people will have changed their minds, and in a good way. All I'm saying is, give this series a chance, because it deserves that.
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2013

Impresive Change!

The movie was great! I like this one MUCH more. I think they did not change the movie from the book so much like in the other one. The special effects have improved but the important part is that they stayed true to the book. It can be scary . What you have to know is that the effects have improved so the monsters have to. It is a VERY nice movie and leaves you anxious for the next!
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2015

Best Movie

It's one of the best movies i've ever seen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthan Does “eth... June 24, 2015

WAY TO GO PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!

Nice movie, better than 1st.Monsters might be a bit scary.Whats wrong with you common sense media it only got 2 stars comre on!!!!!!!! this movie is great!! but there are some intense moments like (monsters,cylops, etc.) but anyway i liked it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byluna2211 June 10, 2015

I normally don't swear on common sense media...

...but seriously, this movies deserves to burn in hell/tartarus/whatever the person reading this believes in. Seriously, someone put this movie series out of its misery before it gets any WORSE!!!
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2015

Violent, insane, and outrages stuff in OK sequel.

My rating PG-13 for: intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, and brief language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjoannamenn2017 April 14, 2015

not anything like book

it is way off of the book it like all of the first series combined
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2015

PJ sea of monsters

I think it is a wonderful action packed family movie. Though it was a little all over the place it was awesome. It is a great movie for kids eight and up.Best movie ever!
Teen, 16 years old Written byfrench.cats February 21, 2015

Better than the first movie, but still bad

The acting is good, but other than that it doesn't have much going for it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysilentninjak November 23, 2014

Horrible Excuse...

For all lovers of these wonderful books, do not watch the movie!!! It does not go along with the story line and was so much worse than the first movie that it was just despicable! I for one am so, so glad that there will be no more movies for these books. Some books just shouldn't be messed up with dumb movies, and Percy Jackson is one of these. Oh yeah, and what is wrong with Annabeth's hair? Just out of curiosity...
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Average sequel

Violence- 2 (Some monsters) Language- 1 (Damn and Hell)