All member reviews for Pet Sematary

Stephen King shocker a grim, R-rated Goosebumps.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process August 29, 2010

Great Stephen King movie!

Good movie, follows the book very well, and is really scary!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBMOsHardrive November 19, 2015

creepy, but suspenseful snd somewhat good

I saw this movie when I was ten years old, s it was pretty traumatizing at first, but, now I like it a bunch. While being incredibly gory, it is fun at times. though the character "Zelda"is pretty scary, she is not the scariest part of the movie. I only recommend this movie to brave 11 year olds and up. Do note that the last seen in the movie, is very disturbing, The flesh on the woman's face is half off, and puss drips down her face. Over all, I enjoyed the movie despite it's gory flaws
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover August 21, 2010

Love....

I LOVED IT!
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2014

Too much blood and gore

Lot's of death, not for Young viewers
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

IT WILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF KIDS

Last year, I spent my summer watching Stephen King films such as The Shining, The Mist, IT, Misery and this one, Pet Sematary. And I have to say, this one was the scariest Stephen King film I have watched yet, especially the Zelda scenes. My dad says the movie is stupid and maybe he is right, but I know one thing. This movie is very scary on a high level. Its the type of film that will keep you awake at night. I think if I remember correctly, I was scared for a bit that Gage was hiding under my bed, like he did in the movie. This movie is not for any kids under 12. Its violent and gory and it has language and it is just plain terrifying. It deals with scenes that may be depressing and scary for some at the same time and the ending is not happy at all. 12+ and you should probably screen it first. O yeah and their is a suicide scene with gagging. Oh yeah and just for the record, if you show a little kid this be prepared for " *fill in the blank of child's pet name* isn't going to die and hurt me, is he mommy?"
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid June 13, 2014

Great horror film with grim disturbing scenes. Some language

Pet semetary may not seem chilling but it is. After a family moves to Maine the dad does slightly mad when he sees a ghost who he tried to save from a gory truck incident. After his wife and kids decide to leave for a while and while their gone their cat dies. His new neighbor takes him to pet semetary and the cat comes to life with shocking results. After the family returns his wife starts feeling guilty about her sisters super disturbing deissease. And not only that but their made hangs herself on screen. After also a while their 4 year old son gets ran over by a truck so his dad resserects him with shocking results. Parents this film involves scenes with onscreen hangings,poisoning,people burning,a little boy murdering several people,blood,and his wife's sister dying from a terrifying disease thats hard to live with watching it. There is also language and lots of smoking Violence 4/5: very creepy indeed. A boy murders several adults in gory form,a sister dies from a disease horrablly disgustingly,gore,2 hangings which one is completely on screen, a creepy boy, jump scenes, and a cat that scratches peoples faces. Drinking/drugs/smoking: 4/5: their neighbor is an acaholic so him and the main character drink together often. There is lots of smoking and a few references to getting drunk Sex: 2/5: a man is naked in a bath though you see nothing,there is strong kissing,discussions of marriage,and a reference of nuts said by a little girl which is reapeted after. Language: 3/5: sh*t is used a few times which once used by a 4 year old girl, nuts is also used (again 4 year old girl). Bit*h is used once! Jesus,damn,and crap are used. F*ck is used once
Adult Written byhomey335 May 28, 2012

Its an ok Stephen King movie with gore.

Violence: 8/10- A child gets killed and then kills other people. Gory images. Animals die. Sexual Content: 1/10- Nothing nearly as sexually innapropiate compared to the book. Language: 3/10- Sh*t is used once or twice. B*tch was used along with d*mn. Drinking and drug use: 3/10- Drinking and smoking. Frightining scenes: 8/10- The movie is pretty frightining and creepy.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byHealthWyze.org April 28, 2012

Great, Clean Horror Film

This is a fantastic horror movie that really keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is one of few good horror movies that is clean and safe for kids to watch. There are some truly gory parts of the film, but no X-rated content or language issues (I think b***h is used once).
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2012

Eh...

Pet Sematary seems like a good movie if you've read the books, but comes out as a disappointment. It doesn't follow the story-line all too well and had many parts that didn't fit in with the book. Definitely some violence that younger children can't handle. There is also slight profanity and when it is used it can be strong. Overall though, this was an okay movie but I'd expect better when based off one of King's novels.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 16, 2011

Grim response to King's excellent novel.

"Pet Sematary" is extremely grim. It has depressing topics such, suicide, grief of pets and loved ones. I love the novel, but I was extremely shocked at some of disturbing images displayed in the movie. It is not a movie for kids. It creates goosebumps, and possibly some nightmares. Please, exercise my review seriously. My Suggested MPAA Rating, R: Disturbing images/violence, thematic material, and language
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 12, 2011

Grisly and dull. Not for kids.

Pet Semetary, like many people probably know, is based off a Stephen King Novel, and a very famous on at that. Now, in my opinion, I think that that the book is far superior than the movie, as the case often is. Also, it is a fairly intense movie, and is not appropriate for younger teens because of frequent bloody violence involving animals, children and more, frequent casual drinking and smoking, and infrequent profanity including at least 1 F-word. It just isn't nearly as well made as the book, but surprisingly it still manages to conjure up a decent amount of scares, all its own.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissDairy August 22, 2011

Book is better...

I was 12 when I read this... It was a bit scary. I stupidly finished it late at night, it was 1 in the morning. The movie isn't as good.... But the book is really good :) Book is definitely better. But now I will honestly say it has scared me into not burrying any pet.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycola January 7, 2016
I just watched this movie like 5 minutes ago. Its a very good horror movie. I read the book before though. It is frightening though. I read the book over the summer. Wait until your kid is at least 14 before you show them this movie. It has some very frightening scenes. There is a suicide,a kid is shown getting run over and the end scene is frightening but it is a horror movie so it is definitely frightening. I loved it though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKmfan97 September 27, 2015

really good movie but it was maybe just a bit too scary for kids even my age, and i thought the shining was the scarriest stephen king horror movie!

I watched this just last night and I thought I would enjoy it because I have seen two other stephen king horror films before this and those are the shining and misery and the shining was the scariest stephen king horror movie I had seen, that was until I saw this movie. The movie is basically about a family who move into a new house and after their cat church dies by getting run over by a truck, the main character louis decides to bury it but he buries it in a cemetery where the things you burry in it become resurrected after dieing. Louis does the same thing to his son after he dies and from there a bunch of freaking scary crap happens. Last night when I watched this movie I started it somewhere around 9 o clock and it didn't keep me up at night or anything but it was probably a mistake to watch it at night because the movie could possibly be the second scariest movie I've seen behind the sixth sense. The scariest movie I've seen from the 80s for sure. Like I said earlier this movie is really really scary and I would not recommend it to anyone under 16 who gets scared easily. I don't get scared too easily from horror movies but if there is a really scary movie out there like this one than it will scare the bejesus out of me. I'm not really going to spoil the frightening scenes because I want you to see the movie for yourself and have the crap scared out of you but I will say that there are 3 scenes in the movie with the dead sister ofthe main characters wife named zelda and those scenes are most likely too intense and frightening for pretty much people of all ages to handle. I'm 15 and the second time zelda appeared in the movie scared me so freaking bad I had to cover my eyes for just a second and I don't get scared from horror movies that easily like I said! I'm lucky that scene didn't give me nightmares/nightterrors! Aside from the freaking creepy atmosphere this movie has there is a little bit of swearing but it's no worse than what you would see in a pg-13 horror film these days. 2 uses of da*n, 1 use of bit*h, 1 use of as*, I think about one use of shi*, and one use of fu**. The movie also has quite a lot of gore so if your not a fan of bloody movies like this I say you should definitely skip it but if you think you can handle the gore than go ahead. In the end this movie was really good and it was actually a little bit better than I expected but I would suggest viewing this movie before your 15 or older child does and if you think they can handle it by all means let them watch it. If not I would recommend waiting until there 16 to let them watch it because this movie will honestly scare the crap out of you especially if you get scared easily from scary movies. Thank you for reading my review and I hope this helps you decide.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOmk1778 May 3, 2015

Ok

I have only read the book it was pretty scary but not very ok for kids tv-14
Teen, 15 years old Written byLady Ligeia March 20, 2014

A So-So Film with Deep Themes

This movie is too graphic and scary for many kids. It isn't a great film, but it will be worth a watch for teen fans of horror. This also deals with very deep and dark themes of life and death, and then asks questions. Entertaining, but not great. Avoid if you're easily disturbed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byleviticus923 February 15, 2014

Fantastic Classic Horror

This is a movie I want to show my kids. Midway through this film I would've said it was ok for a 10 year old. The Ending changed that for me. Very Creepy but very well put together.
Adult Written bywonder dove January 11, 2013

Extremely chilling!!! A great watch!

Pet Sematary is extremely eerie and dark with a very very very depressing, creepy atmosphere throughout. I loved it! And I love Stephen King! It's very sad though, so definitely have a kleenex box around! It centers around a cute little family starting out, moving to a nice house with lots of space to run and play. The only terrible thing about the house is that it's right next to a very busy highway with lots of loud trucks zooming by all the time - which is no place to let kids roam! After a little girl loses her cat by getting run over, her father doesn't tell her. Instead, he takes the cat to a secret place beyond the pet sematary he learned about from his older neighbor where when you bury a pet there, they can come back to life. However what he does not know is that they come back evil. After losing his precious 3 year old son the same way, he can't help but bury him in the secret cemetery to see if he can bring him back to life, too - but with very chilling results. The violence is mainly horror related the worst being a graphic suicide where a lady hangs herself and lots of blood & gore towards the end. Also a brief fight scene at a funeral. No sexual stuff. Lots of cussing but pretty mild (no "f" words). There is drinking and some smoking. Not for the light-hearted and do not watch this alone at night! Unless you're looking to scare yourself for weeks! Ages 14+ recommended!
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

Constant swearing and smoking makes it for older teens.

S--t, b---h, sl-t, god d-mn, f--got, pr--k, d--k, and "Lord" are the swear words in this film. Constant smoking.
Adult Written bycharlie2411235 July 13, 2012

Shocking and suspenful and gory.

Extreme gory violence!!!!!!!! Not for Kids!!!! R rating is accurate!!!!!!!