All teen and kid member reviews for Pet Sematary

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process August 29, 2010

Great Stephen King movie!

Good movie, follows the book very well, and is really scary!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover August 21, 2010

Love....

I LOVED IT!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid June 13, 2014

Great horror film with grim disturbing scenes. Some language

Pet semetary may not seem chilling but it is. After a family moves to Maine the dad does slightly mad when he sees a ghost who he tried to save from a gory truck incident. After his wife and kids decide to leave for a while and while their gone their cat dies. His new neighbor takes him to pet semetary and the cat comes to life with shocking results. After the family returns his wife starts feeling guilty about her sisters super disturbing deissease. And not only that but their made hangs herself on screen. After also a while their 4 year old son gets ran over by a truck so his dad resserects him with shocking results. Parents this film involves scenes with onscreen hangings,poisoning,people burning,a little boy murdering several people,blood,and his wife's sister dying from a terrifying disease thats hard to live with watching it. There is also language and lots of smoking Violence 4/5: very creepy indeed. A boy murders several adults in gory form,a sister dies from a disease horrablly disgustingly,gore,2 hangings which one is completely on screen, a creepy boy, jump scenes, and a cat that scratches peoples faces. Drinking/drugs/smoking: 4/5: their neighbor is an acaholic so him and the main character drink together often. There is lots of smoking and a few references to getting drunk Sex: 2/5: a man is naked in a bath though you see nothing,there is strong kissing,discussions of marriage,and a reference of nuts said by a little girl which is reapeted after. Language: 3/5: sh*t is used a few times which once used by a 4 year old girl, nuts is also used (again 4 year old girl). Bit*h is used once! Jesus,damn,and crap are used. F*ck is used once
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2012

Eh...

Pet Sematary seems like a good movie if you've read the books, but comes out as a disappointment. It doesn't follow the story-line all too well and had many parts that didn't fit in with the book. Definitely some violence that younger children can't handle. There is also slight profanity and when it is used it can be strong. Overall though, this was an okay movie but I'd expect better when based off one of King's novels.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 16, 2011

Grim response to King's excellent novel.

"Pet Sematary" is extremely grim. It has depressing topics such, suicide, grief of pets and loved ones. I love the novel, but I was extremely shocked at some of disturbing images displayed in the movie. It is not a movie for kids. It creates goosebumps, and possibly some nightmares. Please, exercise my review seriously. My Suggested MPAA Rating, R: Disturbing images/violence, thematic material, and language
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 12, 2011

Grisly and dull. Not for kids.

Pet Semetary, like many people probably know, is based off a Stephen King Novel, and a very famous on at that. Now, in my opinion, I think that that the book is far superior than the movie, as the case often is. Also, it is a fairly intense movie, and is not appropriate for younger teens because of frequent bloody violence involving animals, children and more, frequent casual drinking and smoking, and infrequent profanity including at least 1 F-word. It just isn't nearly as well made as the book, but surprisingly it still manages to conjure up a decent amount of scares, all its own.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissDairy August 22, 2011

Book is better...

I was 12 when I read this... It was a bit scary. I stupidly finished it late at night, it was 1 in the morning. The movie isn't as good.... But the book is really good :) Book is definitely better. But now I will honestly say it has scared me into not burrying any pet.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOmk1778 May 3, 2015

Ok

I have only read the book it was pretty scary but not very ok for kids tv-14
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2014

Too much blood and gore

Lot's of death, not for Young viewers
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

IT WILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF KIDS

Last year, I spent my summer watching Stephen King films such as The Shining, The Mist, IT, Misery and this one, Pet Sematary. And I have to say, this one was the scariest Stephen King film I have watched yet, especially the Zelda scenes. My dad says the movie is stupid and maybe he is right, but I know one thing. This movie is very scary on a high level. Its the type of film that will keep you awake at night. I think if I remember correctly, I was scared for a bit that Gage was hiding under my bed, like he did in the movie. This movie is not for any kids under 12. Its violent and gory and it has language and it is just plain terrifying. It deals with scenes that may be depressing and scary for some at the same time and the ending is not happy at all. 12+ and you should probably screen it first. O yeah and their is a suicide scene with gagging. Oh yeah and just for the record, if you show a little kid this be prepared for " *fill in the blank of child's pet name* isn't going to die and hurt me, is he mommy?"
Teen, 15 years old Written byLady Ligeia March 20, 2014

A So-So Film with Deep Themes

This movie is too graphic and scary for many kids. It isn't a great film, but it will be worth a watch for teen fans of horror. This also deals with very deep and dark themes of life and death, and then asks questions. Entertaining, but not great. Avoid if you're easily disturbed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byleviticus923 February 15, 2014

Fantastic Classic Horror

This is a movie I want to show my kids. Midway through this film I would've said it was ok for a 10 year old. The Ending changed that for me. Very Creepy but very well put together.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 18, 2011

i love this movie

awesome movie. awesome stephen king work.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOzzy1015 July 31, 2010

Perfect for teens

Well i wouldnt recomend it to kids under 13 because of zelda i think its a great movie but i didnt see it all cus of zelda.