All member reviews for Peter Pan

Teen, 15 years old Written byTiffy6666 May 1, 2011

Suitable for all ages

Most adorable Movie ever!! I've been watching it with my now 5 year old sister since she was 2 and still love it! :) Some of the adult reviewers are way to strict it's a family friendly movie! I'm fifteen and never even noticed all the bad things you've mentioned, young children are exposed to way worse in real life. It's a Disney movie and I suppose there are always going to be parts where people think 'Well that really shouldn't be there.' You ned to loosen up, the whole point of the movie is exploring the magic that is childhood. Not one to miss guys!
Teen, 14 years old Written byghammond November 1, 2011

one of the best child films

its a fantastic film, three year old boy can't stop watching it, and 6 year old girl is just as engrossed. all saying it is to sexual or too violent read too much into the film, a small child is not going to be that intellectual to disect the film.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Overprotective much.......!?!?

Well I haven't seen this movie in a little while but as soon as I saw some of these comments I just HAD to comment myself! Now some of you parents are REALLY starting to make me mad! Some of you really gotta cool off! "Oooh a girl is jealous of peter" "oooh Captain Hook is being mean" I mean little kids are exposed to MUCH worse these days! Young girls go gaga over guys even at my age! Now I admit, this movie is pretty racist and sexist and parts too but it would fly over most kids heads! My parents let me watch this and let me tell you that they're great parents and they definitely don't let me run freely and watch whatever I wanna watch but they're not overprotective freaks either!!!! Trust me I watched this movie over and over when I was little and I grew up just fine! So all you parents who are way overprotective go on and loosen up a little and yes do discuss with your child how Peter Pan was being racist and how some things Captain Hook and whoever else did were not right but don't let your kids not watch this... it's part of growing up! And thumbs up to all parents and kids who agree with me!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight November 30, 2010

Strict much?

Oh no! Not a gun! I'm just going to throw away the whole movie! ... seriously. Guys don't you ever get a nosebleed from taking the high road all the time? I've seen this movie sinse I can remember, and it didn't bother me AT ALL. If your kids are bothered by this (though kids are differen't) maybe you're babying them too much. The only thing that bothered me in this movie was when Captain Hook shot one of his crew. Everything else I looked over because I try to see the light in things. The croc chasing Hook thing is suppose to be funny, and to most children it is (and he never get's really hurt either) Yes the sword fights and threats are a tad... interesting, but not anything to turn off the movie about. Tink can get pretty jealous in this movie when Wendy is around, but she learns to like her. Their father can be ...yelly, but more of an obnoxious way instead of what some of you guys say 'abusive' way- good grief. Even though he bashes her ideals, it shows him proven wrong. I understand it is a little bit racist to the Native Americans, but remember this was made a long time ago, besides, they are shown to be respectful and wise as well, Tiger Lily was brave and proud. The pipe thing (in some indian cultures) WAS a traditional way, and it showed how sick it could make you. Peter has been rather sexist towrd girls, saying they talk too much and whatnot, although Wendy finds that obserd and she tries to direct them along the right path. The girls that go 'gaga' over Peter were rather mean to Wendy, though it is a good way to point out how NOT to act, and Wendy said how rude that was. Yes, some things are a little 'old traditioned' but come on, just give the kids a moral lesson after they watch the movie, I never picked up anything bad from it and your children probably won't either. Just chill out, drink some green tea and put in the movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysmilesandhugs456 March 16, 2012

A true Classic

All you overprotective parents saying its to violent and sexual must have grown up extremely sheltered. I watched this as a child and loved every minute of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGiven2412 January 24, 2011

pure magic......

excellent movie in my opinion. animation is beautiful, charecters are original, and the movie itself takes you off into a totally different world! people say its to violent, but i say its just being true to the book. not to mention that no one ever gets hurt, (except for one crew member that was shot, which i always thought was a little harsh, even if it never actually shows him getting hurt) either way the action just gives the movie that extra bit adventure. Hook is a villian, but like most male disney villians, he is much more goofy and bumbling than truely evil. i dont think that anyone but hook is a bad role model in this film. Peter Pan isnt being rude or sexist when he says that 'girls talk to much', hes just being a boy!! Wendy, John, and Michael are just fine role models in the way that they all dream of adventure, and want to find the magic in life that is quickly slipping away from them because they are all growing up. the mermaids all seem to like peter, but he seems pretty oblivious to this, making it more of a crush on the mermaids part. Tinkerbell is NOT a bad role model! if anything shes a good role model. she is independent, sassy, smart, and able to fend for herself... (something that some girls do lack in this movie) really, tinkerbell is the first EMPOWERD girl that disney ever created. though she gets jealous and upset at times, i think thats just what makes her charecter so lovable... i have to admit, the Indian thing is a bit racist, but its not in a mean way. in fact, Tiger Lily (the indian princess) is a very strong charecter in this movie, (and i think she is a wonderful role model for kids.) Over all i think this is a wonderful, magical film. Its a classic and should be thrown a way for a few racist comments in the film. i think you should see the film, youll always carry it in your heart!
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares December 13, 2009

Nearly everyone is offensively stereotyped, Peter Pan is a very bad role model, and sometimes the animation and story are pretty crude. Kids will not miss much if they miss out on it.
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2009

Great Movie!

I can't believe some of these reviews! I've seen this movie at least 10 times by my self. I used to watch it when i was 4 and had no problem!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypenguinbabe April 9, 2008

disney gal

this is still one of my favorite movies. i can watch it over and over!
Teen, 13 years old Written byyugiohsux April 9, 2008

Good movie for all ages. please read.

I don't know why parents are so contreversial about this film. They keep saying that it has language and sexual themes and bla bla bla. but I don't think anything is wrong other than two things; Captian Hook is traumatized by the crocodile, and I feel sorry for him because I'm the same way with dogs. and the other thing: John smokes in one part of it. (underaged drug usage) thats it. it is one of my favorite animated movies, but it's too short. Peace Out. this is for 5 year olds and up.

I loved this!

A must-see film for all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byurlla October 18, 2014

Captain hook and the tick-tok crocodile gave me nightmares fro days when i was 6, i still remember it was that scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWilllllllll October 10, 2014

Overall, this is a good movie. Yes there is some violence, but none of it is at all graphic. Yes there are some racial stereotypes, but the scenes in which they are present are easy to fast forward through, and skipping them takes nothing away from the storyline. I think overall, this movie is an entertaining tale that fascinates kids young and old can enjoy.
Kid, 6 years old September 28, 2014

I think it was awesome.

I didn't like the way the girls were treated, but it's not really real. I loved the Lost Boys because they were fighting Captain Hook and helping Peter Pan.
Teen, 17 years old Written by1raptor August 23, 2014

Still Works

While yes, a sensitive kid will be frightened almost definitely(10 year olds and under especially react to death of a child) it depends on the kid. I watched star wars at six, and sat through it unfazed. The same year, I watched this and it scared me silly. I guess I thought of Tinkerbell as nice until then, and from then on I thought of her like an axe murderer. It depends on the kid. The comments are occasionally racist/outdated, violence is iffy, but the story is fine for seven or eight.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKarissafelicity_ August 2, 2014

My opinion.

When I was younger this was my favorite movie, however now watching it being a little older yes there are inappropriate parts. The thing is, being at such a young age you have no idea what's going on. Most of the parents reviews are way to strict Children are subjected to way worse things even just at school compared to a silly old movie. You must consider the time period that this movie was made. Back than, yes there was sexist acts and there was racism. Although, they weren't really being racist to the native Americans if you actually paid enough attention to the movie you would understand when they were hunting them down and than they got caught they even said themselves it's all just silly games. Boys and girls even at this day in age believe that girls or boys are better than each other. There will always be racism and sexist acts. Whether you like it or not. About Peter and Michael smoking the pipe they said straight out in the beginning it was a water pipe therefore there was no tobacco involved in smoking. The whole point of the movie is for kids to know it's okay to believe in something their parents don't. Fight for your right to dream! Dreams do come true and that you should always stick up for yourself no matter how much someone puts you down.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond October 6, 2013

Simple but entertaining plot

A very easy to understand plot, the whimsical style of this movie captures anyone who watches it. However, be mindful that parents should watch the movie with young children instead of allowing them to watch it alone, so as to be able to answer their questions, and also clear any misunderstandings. Basically a very colourful classic, perfect for anyone who daydreams a lot!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 2, 2013

My thoughts

This film is a great movie it makes you want to talk like a pirate all I can say
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

Worth a look

A pretty good Disney film. Not one of his best. Kids will love the pirates
Teen, 14 years old Written bygilly_boy January 6, 2012

Really Cool!

this is a good movie, if you think about it, the girls can get into the mermaids and the fairies. While the boys can see the indians and fight pirates. It's like a dream come true. Plus it has the best action when the crocodile, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee are together. You have to see it to find out what happens.