All member reviews for Phoebe in Wonderland

Touching, at times intense drama teaches tolerance, empathy.

Adult Written bywonder dove March 11, 2009

Poor Phoebe!

It's not her fault! I enjoyed this movie, but not as much as I'd hoped. This film is full of sorrow when you try to feel and understand what Phoebe is going through. My only complaint is that it could have had a tad more action, a lot of it seemed too slow.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRobyns_Nomomie May 30, 2014

a mile in others shoes

Although my daughter is not quite ready for this (i agree with the sites reviews that although it focuses around children it is not a children movie) It is very well done. Show you the world through the eyes of a young girl with Torrets syndrome. Great for parents whos children may suffer from social challenge disorders such as ADHD, Torrets, or Asperger's. Also great for older siblings of children with these types of challenges.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaynieLiz March 6, 2014

Loved it!!!

Just because you are different doesn't mean you can't enjoy things and you will always have people in your life that love every bit of you.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 17, 2013

Disturbing, best for older teens

This film was surprisingly heavy, with Elle Fanning turning out an absolutely stunning performance as a troubled girl who just can't seem to bend to her peer's whims, and insults people and says whatever she's feeling. It's extremely sad at times, but the end shows that there can be hope and demons can be conquered. Recommended, though it is far from flawless in terms of character development.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaximum September 25, 2011

Phoebe in Wonderland

Phoebe in Wonderland was fantastic and had only a few shocking scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmileyfacelover November 26, 2010

This was a waste of my life. My mom was the only one that "liked" it, and I'm even using that lightly. The storyline was choppy and kinda boring. I was ready to walk out like half hour into it. It does show, however, the obstacles a little girl had to overcome, but I really thought there was no point to the movie. There are a few usages of language, the girl's hands get bloody a few time- which may be scary for young viewers- and kids call one guy "gay" (more like imply since they don't go out and say gay). That's about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 July 2, 2010

Really, really weird.... it had no point, but it was fun... in a weird way, I guess. The bloody thing was disturbing.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

Magical World of Fantasy

Phoebe in Wonderland is the movie you'll defintely not hate. With a good all-star cast and good models. Next to the fantasy Alice in Wonderland.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymemoryerror March 8, 2010

Great movie for people of all ages that are able to comprehend it

I think this is a great movie for people of all ages that are able to comprehend it. I think if your child is not able to understand it it would not be interesting or good for the child. If your child is able to understand it, this movie will enrich there perspective on life. The parents are not the best roll models for parents at all, the absentee father especially. I really hope that in this day and age fathers of this sort are a rarity.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2009

Think before letting your nine or ten year old watch it

I saw this with my mom, and then saw it with my then-nine year old sister. I think it upset her, but she did watch it with me three more times. Language use is normal for a PG-13 movie. The story's theme was mature. I enjoyed it, but it depends on what you like to watch.
Parent of a 7 year old Written by2inz4me August 20, 2009

Good for adults and teens. Not for the young...to heavy.
Educator and Parent of a 9, 12, and 13 year old Written byMom65 August 15, 2009

This is not a kids' movie. This movie has value but it is not appropriate for young children. It is not your typical Alice story. It is the story of a little girl who turns out to have tourette's syndrome. It is not a light topic. I started to watch it with my 9-year old and 13 year old. Turned it off halfway through. At that point in the movie, the whole thing was just unsettling for the kids.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2009

Perfect

Great movie. Not inapropriate for small kids but they may not understnad what is going on.
Adult Written bybinzworld March 16, 2009

A VERY THOUGHT INSPIRING FILM!

I thought it was a very good movie that takes a lot of knowledge to see and understand this film. I enjoyed it! Even my nine year old daughter and her friend liked it! It is not often you see a film with all kids but the themes require adult perspective.
Parent of a 11, 16, and 17 year old Written byevamarie8 March 5, 2009

the entire theater wept for Phoebe and her family

Saw this movie last June at a Hollywood preview. It was riveting and moving--I'm so glad it is finally out. Every parent worries about their child and when something is not quite right--it is a frightening journey. I will take my 17 and 11 year old to see it.