All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

i think this movie but kids under the age of 10 should watch with there parents. The kissing is not bad at all i have whatched before and they dont curse at all. Over all good movie of action love and avdenture. :) please please comment my profile :)
Kid, 9 years old November 30, 2009

very different from the 1st. alot scarier.

i think it is the worst pirates yet, but still entertaining. there is some violent parts, but not as many as the 1st or 3rd. there is lots of scary images though, and most are violent. a bird rips a mans eye out, will is whipped(my parents made me close my eyes but my dad said it was violent, and its probably scary too. davy jones looks pretty gross, and so do his crew members. jack sparrow eats someones toe, and thats just disgusting. alot of drinking too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 11, 2010

One of the best movies, although confusing

A really good and funny movie, although really confusing. I'll start on my questions: Why was Jack at that place at the beginning and floating in a coffin? Why was Elizabeth standing in the rain in her wedding dress? Why did Elizabeth just leave her father like that and didn't even think of a way to defend him? .. anyway. It was all scary and funny at the same time. Jack isn't the best rolemodel (obviously) but he's one of the main reasons the movie is such a sucess! Will can be dimwitted, but usually pretty good. Throughout the movie its confusing on who's on who's side.. Then when James came in.. I got confused again. It's not bad though, I highly recomend it. There's some mild kissing, but at the end the kiss between Elizabeth and Jack wasn't anything serious (infact it was a way of distracting him) Some scenes with the action will freak one out, especially when those birds poaked out a mans eyeballs. The impailing with the swords makes me turn away, but overall the movie is enjoyable. Dispite the bad messages, its a pretty safe movie to watch, just have some self control instead of copying the actors..
Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 2, 2010

great movie (not for kids)

i loved this movie, but the 3rd is the best so far (for me). it has a lot of violence in it and some very cruel and creepy images. i call this off for children under 13 years and if children under 13 watch this , then parents should really watch with them and really take it serious to watch with them.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2011

Iffy for 10 year old's

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is the second movie in the series and the best to me. It is violent but there is little blood. The first one is more violent and bloodier. There is really only one scary part when some pirates's get axed in the back. But they only show the axes in the air and their dead bodies. And Jack Sparrow betrays his crew but comes back.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Just as good as the original, though not quite as fun with a few dark parts

Dead Man's Chest is the second installment in the Pirates trilogy, and it points to good things for the final movie (already filmed with Dead Man's Chest). Everything good about the first movie returns, sometimes literally, with throwbacks to the first one and even some important characters making a surprise return (wait until the end, then you'll understand). The acting is good, and Depp continues to shine as Jack Sparrow. However, it did feel that some of the Jack mannerisms were a bit forced, which I assume would be the director trying to exploit everyone's liking for Depp's eccentric role. Nighy plays Davey Jones well, albeit he is masked under a Gollum-esque disguise of special effects. My only warning is that if you don't like cliff-hangers, you might be disappointed with the ending (which, in my opinion, was well-done). That, and I also thought the characters had diminished roles form the first one, seeing as we already knew who they were, so it didn't have the fun of learning all their quirks and whatnot.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2011

A little iffy for me still good though I would recommend everyone maybe 5th grade and up to watch but definitely 6th and up
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2010

My sister, Alice, was once really scared of Davy Jones and it gave her nightmares. He is disgusting and gross. I think Jack's a bad role model, but he always ends up doing the right thing even though he considers leaving them to die. Or it seems as though he's doing the wrong thing but he actually has a plan till the end. Johnny Depp makes Jack an intellectual and funny pirate that is so smart he makes no sense. Orlando Bloom is a good role model for kids, because he'll do anything to save the person he loves. Partially, though Elizabeth is a bad role model because she is engaged to be married and is also flirting with Jack. Overall it's a great movie that features awesome special effects. Love it!!! Oh and I would rate this on for age eight because those kids won't get the bad stuff in it. They'll just understand that it's a great movie. I love Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom's awesome!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlickChick197 June 23, 2010

Double Digits Only.

This action-packed adventure would keep any viewer on the edge of their seats! With wild chases through thick, dark forests to nasty suspensful run-ins with the ghastly Davy Jones and his crews. This is good for any double-digit person. Concerns: Violence, Drinking, Negative Messages Violence: Clearly, being a pirate contains sword fights and constant arguments and disputes against the government. Davy Jones attacks Jack's rather.... stable Black Pearl with the evil Kraken. The survivors are captured, but no prisoners will be kept. Therefore, Davy orders his cursed crew to kill them. You will see this clip in the trailer (this clip is the one of the crew and the tomohawks). There is no gore, but implication and heavy violence to anyone who understands. Drinking: Jack make constant jokes and remarks referring to "grog" which is the pirate version of alcohol. Also, in Tortuga, there is a drunken maiden and many bar fights. Bad messages: Well... that's obvious. All in all, it's purpose and intentions were greatly and effectively met.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2010

Have you the heart?To watch a still beating heart!?!

Really this isnt a bad film at all. Its more like a comedy than a action adventure! Though young kids may find that some bits disturb them slightly.e.g tha still beating heart of davy jones-the fish people. But all the films in the seris are great and i would advise watching them!
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 13, 2009

Great movie!

This movie is great, but violent and scary. 13+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWlk3Dgs April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is second POTC film, and this is very good action-adventure-fantasy film. Great Pirate movie.

Adventure violence, sword fights, scary scenes and characters and lots of rum drinking (comicially)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 15, 2015

Not as good as no 1 but more mature

My rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action
Teen, 13 years old Written bysteph179 January 2, 2015

Normal or average film

It is okay for people who like to watch films with violence in it, but some of it just doesn't make any sense.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth December 23, 2014

Slightly darker excellent sequel

Dead mans chest was the 3rd movie ever to make a billion dollars at the box office.It is a slightly darker sequel including a half man half squid villain. There is drinking including a humerous bar scene.There is mild language very similar to the first film
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Less dark but more violent than the first

It is a pretty good movie. However, Will does get whipped, and there are a few disturbing scenes (bird eating the man's eye in the beginning, the man with his face suctioned off by the Kraken, Bootstrap eating the bug alive, etc.). It's pretty good if you're older than 11, but it isn't as scary as the first one, but definitely more violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 16, 2014

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest movie review

I really enjoyed the first movie in this franchise. I watched "Dead Man's Chest" before I watched "The Curse of the Black Pearl". When I was young, this movie was awesome. Now looking at it, there is nothing extremely special. The continuity of the film is poor at certain points in the movie. Also the tone of the movie is sometimes very inconsistent. At one point, the movie was a comedy, and then suddenly it is a dark and gritty drama. The transition didn't work. That being said, I had a lot of fun watching this movie. It is a good summer movie that is very fun to watch. The main thing I love about the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies is the adventurous vibe. It really gets us invested in the film. I did enjoy "The Curse of the Black Pearl" a lot more than "Dead Man's Chest". For the most part, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" is a fun movie despite it's editing and technical flaws. I don't hate the movie, but I don't love it. On an A+ to F scale, I think I would give the movie a B+ which is very generous compared to what critics are giving it.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Really average and far too long

Violence- 3 (Some sword-fighting, peril and other violence)