All parent member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Adult Written bygavin m. jackson April 9, 2008

Boring, drawn out movie saved by Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush

This movie is too long! But everytime I see Johnny Depp or Geofrrey Rush come on the screen, I am captivated. Johnny Depp invests a lot in his characters, as is seen here. For the inevitable sequel, I suggest they cut it down to 90 minutes.
Adult Written bylschnur April 9, 2008

Kids loved it and that's ok!

Funny, exciting and adventurous--what more could I ask for my 8-year-old twins. Scary but not too. My son loved it and my daughter enjoyed the strong female lead.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybucsfanerik April 9, 2008

The best pirate movie I have ever seen.

It is humorous with great costumes and language. The best movie.
Adult Written byChristc878 April 9, 2008

Johnny Depp makes this movie

I loved Johnny Depp's character and the creative humor. The action scenes were a little much and long.
Adult Written bylizperle April 9, 2008

Our whole family LOVED this movie

With an almost 10 and 13 year old, we look for movies to see together -- this was a blast! The younger kid doesn't scare easily -- otherwise this wouldn't have worked since some of the pirates look pretty nasty when they turn into skeletons and then there's this eyeball that gets jabbed with a fork...yuck. But we all had a really wonderful time. Putting aside the fact that this is one big advertisement for Disney's ride (boy will people be disappointed when they get to disneyland after this movie) it was nice to see something that didn't have one single brand in it. There was drinking and fighting and a few sexual innuendos but it was more swashbuckly than sexy and very close to plain old fashioned fun. plus. Who can beat Johnny Depp? He rocks
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Exciting and adventurous for older kids and adults!

Adult Written byfivebewe April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfrozenbliss April 9, 2008

Loved it.

This movie was everything a movie should be. It was exciting, hilarious, interesting, a mystery, and had loads of action. Not to mention Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom ;)It is suitable for anyone of any age, though small children might be frightened from the scenes with the skeleton pirates.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

ok

when i went to see this movie with my friends i was ready for lot's of action but all this movie is really is a love story this still had some ok action scenes but they could have taken out some love scenes -8 caution
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymomO2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysarah91 April 9, 2008

great movie! it will be a classic!

Adult Written byIheartJohnny April 9, 2008

A GREAT movie

This is one of my all time favorite movies. Johnny Depp (Captain Jack Sparow) is simply hilarious in this movie and provides another amazing performance. This movie is very entertaining and a MUST see. children under 8 would probably be scared of the pirated and the skeletons. The majority of the violence is sword fights and there isn't a lot of blood nad gore. This is an overall GREAT movie
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Adult Written by7th_heaven_fan April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!

This is the best movie in the whole wide world!!!!The second movie is really really good too! You will love Captain Jack Sparrow. He is soooo funny and very cool!!!!
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Who cares if its PG-13!

Even if you don't let your kids see any PG-13 movies,let them see this one because remeber its a Disney movie but they only made it more violenter!
Adult Written bytiffdoug April 9, 2008

Adult Written bynorafan1 April 9, 2008

Action-packed!

My children and I loved this movie! While they could not have seen it alone due to age, I had no fears with this Disney movie. Violence is mild, and the language is clean by today's standard. It is an wonderful expansion to the first Pirates and left us thirsty for more. We can't wait for the next one! This is one family movie you don't want to miss!
Adult Written byshelgirl001 April 9, 2008

Capt. Jack Sparrow is a hit!

I have to say, I didnt get to the theatre to see this one, I rented it after seeing the Deadman's Chest in the theatre. I wasn't at all disappointed with the first one after seeing the 2nd beforehand. There were some very funny adult oriented scenes, but all-in-all, it was a good kids movie for aout ages 6 and up.
Adult Written byicyicebaby April 9, 2008

A Totally Awesome Movie For all AGES.

It is a great movie. I also think that Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom is Hawt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!