All parent member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Adult Written bysting April 9, 2008

Exciting!

A true pirate movie. The best out there. But not for kids. Some violence you would expect to find in a movie about pirates. Good story line. And remember you can never trust a pirate!!
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Sexual Content (Pause): Some sexual references and prostitutes. Violence (Pause): Lots of action violence. An eyeball that keeps coming out may be disturbing to some viewers. Language (Not an Issue): Some pirate talk. Social Behavior (Not an Issue): Will is noble and heroic, but Jack clearly lacks ethics. Strong female and minority characters. Commercialism (Pause): Based on a Disneyland ride, part of a huge marketing empire for Disney. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Pirates drink rum.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Fun and Funny Pirate Adventure with Violence and some Frightening Moments

I didn't really think I'd like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL when it came out in theaters, so I waited for it on DVD. I found out it was a fun, very funny movie worth watching. You can't really describe the entire plot without going on forever. All I can really explain is this: Blacksmith Will Turner is in love with Elizabeth Swann, who is kidnapped. Will allies with pirate Jack Sparrow to get her back from cursed pirates who need Will's blood to lift the curse. Violence (as you can guess by reading this plot summary) is near constant. Stabbings and gunfire are everywhere, but all are not graphic, with one exception where a pirate bleeds briefly. Scary scenes are frequent too, with skeletons and curses. A woman stabs a man with a kitchen knife to only discover that he cannot die. He looks down at the knife and shrugs. There are mild sexual references: "if you won't do this, you'll be dining with the crew...and you'll be naked". But despite all this, the overall tone of the film is rather comical, with laugh-out-loud parts frequently occuring. Johnny Depp, though I'm not particularly fond of his other films, is made for his role as Jack Sparrow and is the best part of the film. Very questionable for young kids, but highly recommended.
Adult Written bypurpleslayer57 April 9, 2008

b a pirate

loved it
Adult Written byK Master April 9, 2008

A Pirates lifef or me....

Adult Written byddue2be April 9, 2008

Let your kids see it!

Great Family Movie! No kids under 6 though 6-8 supervise you kids 8-10 warn your kids 11+ let them go see it!