All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow July 7, 2012

Hilarious and satisfyingly violent

I was only in Kindergarten when this movie came out, so I didn't see it in theaters. In fact, I saw Dead Man's Chest and At World's End before I even saw this. Nevertheless, I was impressed when I first saw this (I was in seventh grade). Even though the effects weren't as good as they were in Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, I still managed to enjoy it a lot. The swashbuckling action violence was very nice, as was the acting, especially from Johnny Depp. Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush were also great, and Kiera Knightly was a nice as the film's hottie. I have never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, so I haven't ridden the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but if I do, I hope it's as satisfyingly jarring as the film!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 June 25, 2012

Sword play and action aren't too much for kids

I think that a kid 9 or older should be fine with this movie. The action is mild and okay for tweens up
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 May 4, 2012

Very good.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCalcabrina April 16, 2012

lol!!!

Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth? Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

A classic

The best movie of the series. It is a great pirate movie as well
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2012

Best "Pirates of the Caribbean" yet!

Great movie! But the other ones are a let down to this one! LOVE IT. Johnny Depp produces humor to loosen up the tension from the skeletons. Not at all scary to me, but might be for some little kids (8 & younger)
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 26, 2012

LEARNING

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Review

It's humorous, action-packed and thrilling. The problem with it is that sometimes it focuses too much on humor and not on the actual plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNovalita December 21, 2011

Pirates Rule!

I absolutely love this movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Pirates of the Cariabbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 101

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a great movie for kids 10 and up. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, but I found the sexual content rather..........overwhelming - a pirate says, "you'll be eating with the captain with this dress or eat wit the crew naked!" and he seems surprised/mad when she chooses to eat with the captain. Many revealing dresses, but no nudity. If you aren't afraid of skeletons, stabbing, or shooting you will not be bothered by the violence. There really aren't any positive messages or good role models, this movie is just for fun. Overall, this was great movie! Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmithsharni November 14, 2011

too grewsome for kids

i think the pirates of the caribbean is too violent for kids under 15, because there is a lot of grewsome when the charactors kill and fight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmethyst500 October 25, 2011

Great Movie!

I had been asking my parents if I could see this movie since I was in first grade, and when they finally let me see it I was like, "So? Where's that violent part you said I was too young too see?" I guess they were talking about the skeleton zombie people. Honestly, they were done more for laughs than screams. If I were a parent, I'd be more concerned about the steamy kiss at the end of the movie. Ugh, now that was awkward to watch with my parents....
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2011

only 10+

its a very great film but do not let any of your 10- kids see it please if you agree. but its normally for 13+ if ur kid wants to see it and she/he is under 13 only 10+ can see it and only with pg and parents permission
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2011

This movie rocks!

Great movie, started watching it when I was 8. But if your scared of seeing undead pirates stabbing people you should probably wait until your 11 or 12.
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2011

OK

Not the best movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2011

Best Swashbuckling movie since captain blood (1930's)

Well, my dad actually braught it home when I was two, and my mom didn't quite approve of it. 6 years later, he brought it home again and I loved it! It's probably the best of the movies. There are some drinking scenes, kissing, and violence. If your eight year old doesn't mind skeletons, they should be fine.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

One of the best

My favorite of all POTC movies. Has all the action that teens like. This was also my first PG-13 movie so I like it a lot.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2011

Not much bad stuff and a brilliant movie, 11+

I love this movie. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow really well. There is some goreless violence with practically no blood. Language includes bl--dy, d-mn, h-ll and one use of b---ard. Some drinking. Good role models and messages (Elizabeth Swann), bad role models and messages (Jack Sparrow). Hilarious and well done with a great cast.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 April 30, 2011

Pirates is amazing!!!!

this is an amazing movie that i watch at least once a month!! all of them are awesome and i can't wait for the next one!!! johnny depp and pirates: AWESOME!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

Worth Buying...

i absolutly love this movie