All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg December 30, 2012

Just Fine

I am 12 and have been looking forward to watching the movie since like forever. Very disappointing. I was expecting MUCH more and I quite enjoy pirates so I was hoping for a pirate feel which I did not get. Also, the plot didnt feel complete it just didnt feel like a complete movie and at the end I was thinking, ' WHAT? THIS is IT?' I did however greatly ADORE jack sparrow so I will be back to watch the next movie! Hope it gets better! But its definitely not unnapropiate for kids older or 10 years old. PG13 is so overrated because thisha hardly nothing innapropiatte compared to OTHER Pg 13 movies.
Parent Written byJLFM May 11, 2012

Should be all right for slightly older kids

Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2011

Tween/Tweens movie (NO YOUNGER THAN THE AGE OF 10)

I liked the movie. It was really cool and Johnny Depp was pretty funny in the movie. The skeletons weren't scary, really. 1 thing bothered me though and there was a guy who put in his eyeball and rotated it and his eye was red. That creeped me out a little but I got used to it later in the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

captain jack sparrow is amazing

love the movie! love captain jack sparrow!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2010

Perfect for almost Everyone!!!!

I'm telling you, the best of the best. This is the only movie out of this series that isn't too long and not completely too violent. The skeletons are a little bit cheesy but not too overdone. They even add some presumably funny parts. Little kids, however, might not get the humor of the skeletons and be a little bit freaked out, but otherwise they should be able to see it. Captain Jack is played excellently by Johnny Depp who sets off the whole story with his accent and humor. Though Sparrow is self-absorbed and goes by the pirate code which states that if someone falls behind you leave them behind, he normally redeems himself by doing something good that outrides the bad. This movie shows that pirates aren't all bad and that there's a possibility that all the bad they're doing is for a good reason. Though this may not be true it's an amazing work, and I absolutely loved it!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

One of the best movies out there

I couldn't stop laughing, it was very good, although the violence is too much for me, like when one of the pirates shot the man that openned the door, I felt so bad for him! I hate it when people get tricked! Jack Sparrow is definitly my favorite, he's funny, yet he.. in his own way.. cares about his friends. Although he has made a habit of using them for his own profit, that's what pirates do of course. (Spoilers!) Drugs: Jack and I think Elizabeth (not sure if she was faking or not) got drug off of rum, still pretty funny though. Violence: Tons, Shooting, pushing, punching, hitting in the back of head, eye popping out (I can NOT look at that, can NOT!!) Swords going through people, blowing ups, falling off cliffs, skeletin people, hands fall off, blood (only with a cut of the hand) Sparrows old girlfriends slap him. Sex: Jack enjoys flirting, he made Elizabeth put on his belt for him when he was handcuffed (for his own personal enjoyment, her annoyment) Will and Elizabeth, obviously. Still, this movie is amazing, funny, and even though Disney didn't like Depp's acting at first, everyone else seems to enjoy it, he's the reason the movies are so loved!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 16, 2010

"Why is the rum gone?"

This film was excellent and very fun to watch. I don't know if it's because of the adventure, but it's just fun. Jack Sparrow is hilarious, Elizabeth was awesome, Will was pretty cool, and I enjoyed Will and Elizabeth's love story. The story could have been written a little clearer, but the film makes up for this with their stellar actors, great characters, and intriguing-enough plot. Violence: There are swordfights, the villians are skeletons, and there's even some blood. Some characters are killed. Sex: There's some kissing, flirting (mainly Jack Sparrow) and some low-cut outfits worn by the woman, especially Elizabeth. Language: Uses of d*mn, h*ll, b*stard, and others. Drinking/Drugs: Jack Sparrow is obsessed with rum. He acts like he's drunk half the time (his speech is slurred and he walks around unsteadily). In one scene, Elizabeth and Jack get drunk.
Adult Written bydoodlesalltheday April 9, 2008
Adult Written byddue2be April 9, 2008

Let your kids see it!

Great Family Movie! No kids under 6 though 6-8 supervise you kids 8-10 warn your kids 11+ let them go see it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucan1010 January 11, 2016

Tame PG-13 is fine for families but may scare young children.

Violence: Swordplay, cannons, gunfire. Mostly mild (think treasure island) but a few scenes depict blood on sword blades (but no bloody violence). Skeletal pirates may scare little kids, a few jump scenes. Some peril. Language: Despite the common sense review there is no language in this movie. There is some proper usage of damned and hell, but not as swears. Sex: No sex, but some kissing, outfits that reveal cleavage, and joke about a character being a eunuch (will over kids head, went over mine, the only reason I know what one know is from reading the bible). Alcohol: Frequent drunkenness, these are pirates after-all)
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2015

Best pirate movie ever!!!!!

This pirate movie is a great movie and it is hilarious Jack sparrow is funny and the skeleton pirates are cool. They say "H---" a lot and at one point (Spoilers coming!) Jack and Elizabeth get drunk and a guy gets a fork shot into his eye. Best movie ever!
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo June 27, 2015

This is the definition of awesomeness: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

I was simply DAZZLED by this movie. That's really all I need to say, but I'm going to say more, for your sake. It has A LOT of violence for a PG-13 movie. There is death and creepy images throughout, thus I recommend it for 12 and up (maybe). BUT, this movie does have SOME educational value. It gives parents a good time to talk about how you should never behave how some of the characters do. Jack Sparrow frequently comments on how one of the other characters should "get a girl". There are also a few "almost kisses", and one true one. There's also mild swearing. "Damn" and "hell". There was probably more, but I didn't notice.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 June 22, 2015

This awesome movie is fun and action packed!

This is a spectacularly entertaining film. I was hooked from the first minute to the end credits. Anyone who likes humor, action, and pirates, will love this movie. However, this movie is WAY too intense and scary for kids under 9 years old. There are walking skeletons with flesh stuck to them, rotting corpses hanging, and some blood. There are gunshots, sword fights, and a town attacked by undead pirates. This is all awesome if you are not under 9 years old. I strongly recommend this movie to pirate lovers. By the way, there are LOTS of drunk and disorderly people in this film.
Adult Written bySaucy June 21, 2015

BEST PIRATE MOVIE EVER!

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny! Love Jack Sparrow. Skeleton-Zombie-Pirates were creepy when they held Elizabeth captive. Besides that, its fine!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 27, 2015

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It was funny, but sorta creepy at the same time
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is the great pirate movie and johnny depp and geoffrey rush do amazing performances. This have legendary music and scenes and everything!

This movie have lots of action-adventure violence and some very mild graphic scenes. And main character is alcoholic.
Written byAnonymous February 15, 2015

Thrilling and breathtaking film for teens

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence and action
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth December 23, 2014

Funny first entry

The curse of the black pearl is a very good movie.It has some sexual and scary moments.It is a moderate choice for older children.There is drinking but very little language.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Dark, but really fun and good

This is an amazing pirate movie, but it may be dark for some kids who are under 11. There is some violence (the main villain gets shot and a few characters get stabbed), and there are some prostitutes in Tortuga, but nothing bad. The skeletons are very scary if you're under 10 or so, and if you are, they will probably give you nightmares. The main characters also drink a lot of rum. But overall, it is a very good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 14, 2014

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl movie review

I grew up watching "Pirates of the Caribbean". When I was young, I appreciated this movie the most of the four. To this day I still do. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is the epitome of fun summer movies. The adventurous tone and vibe of the movies is so cool. We latch on to the characters almost immediately. Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is amazing. The villainous pirates were all very intimidating. The movie made me feel so icky in some parts. The story of "The Curse of the Black Pearl" is so cool. It is a machine that won't stop. One thing I absolutely love about the movie is the score. The score is perfect. It has the adventurous tone which I love.There are some problems I had with the movie. One of them is the acting of Keira Knightley. She is an actress who is annoying on some areas. Also, I did feel that sometimes some scenes need more elaboration. Sometimes, it is rushed and we can't understand everything. If I had to grade "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" on an A+ to F scale, I would give the film an A. In terms of how entertaining it is, I would give the movie an A+. If someone asked me what movie they should watch when they're bored, I would tell them to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl".