All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmy the Emu May 5, 2016

Fun action movie

Great movie for kids around 10 or 11 who don't mind skeletons or dead bodies or lots of killing. I watched this movie for the first time when I was about 4 and it kind freaked me out a bit (even though I was used to movies with lots of violence). I definitely do NOT recommend letting your young children watch this movie. 9 year olds at the very least. Great characters, SUPER funny, lots of cool action, and really good animation for a 2003 film. You should definitely watch it if your into fantasy/action films. One of my all time favourites
Educator Written bymaddox121 February 14, 2016

Good pirate movie: CSM is wrong

Violence- CGI blood, and Kills Language- CSM got it wrong "hell" is used as a place, also "god foresaken" and "idiot"
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucan1010 January 11, 2016

Tame PG-13 is fine for families but may scare young children.

Violence: Swordplay, cannons, gunfire. Mostly mild (think treasure island) but a few scenes depict blood on sword blades (but no bloody violence). Skeletal pirates may scare little kids, a few jump scenes. Some peril. Language: Despite the common sense review there is no language in this movie. There is some proper usage of damned and hell, but not as swears. Sex: No sex, but some kissing, outfits that reveal cleavage, and joke about a character being a eunuch (will over kids head, went over mine, the only reason I know what one know is from reading the bible). Alcohol: Frequent drunkenness, these are pirates after-all)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 June 22, 2015

This awesome movie is fun and action packed!

This is a spectacularly entertaining film. I was hooked from the first minute to the end credits. Anyone who likes humor, action, and pirates, will love this movie. However, this movie is WAY too intense and scary for kids under 9 years old. There are walking skeletons with flesh stuck to them, rotting corpses hanging, and some blood. There are gunshots, sword fights, and a town attacked by undead pirates. This is all awesome if you are not under 9 years old. I strongly recommend this movie to pirate lovers. By the way, there are LOTS of drunk and disorderly people in this film.
Adult Written bySaucy June 21, 2015

BEST PIRATE MOVIE EVER!

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny! Love Jack Sparrow. Skeleton-Zombie-Pirates were creepy when they held Elizabeth captive. Besides that, its fine!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 27, 2015

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It was funny, but sorta creepy at the same time
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is the great pirate movie and johnny depp and geoffrey rush do amazing performances. This have legendary music and scenes and everything!

This movie have lots of action-adventure violence and some very mild graphic scenes. And main character is alcoholic.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth December 23, 2014

Funny first entry

The curse of the black pearl is a very good movie.It has some sexual and scary moments.It is a moderate choice for older children.There is drinking but very little language.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Dark, but really fun and good

This is an amazing pirate movie, but it may be dark for some kids who are under 11. There is some violence (the main villain gets shot and a few characters get stabbed), and there are some prostitutes in Tortuga, but nothing bad. The skeletons are very scary if you're under 10 or so, and if you are, they will probably give you nightmares. The main characters also drink a lot of rum. But overall, it is a very good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 14, 2014

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" movie review

I grew up watching "Pirates of the Caribbean". When I was young, I appreciated this movie the most of the four. To this day I still do. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is the epitome of fun summer movies. The adventurous tone and vibe of the movies is so cool. We latch on to the characters almost immediately. Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is amazing. The villainous pirates were all very intimidating. The movie made me feel so icky in some parts. The story of "The Curse of the Black Pearl" is so cool. It is a machine that won't stop. One thing I absolutely love about the movie is the score. The score is perfect. It has the adventurous tone which I love.There are some problems I had with the movie. One of them is the acting of Keira Knightley. She is an actress who is annoying on some areas. Also, I did feel that sometimes some scenes need more elaboration. Sometimes, it is rushed and we can't understand everything. If I had to grade "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" on an A+ to F scale, I would give the film an A. In terms of how entertaining it is, I would give the movie an A+. If someone asked me what movie they should watch when they're bored, I would tell them to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl".
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2014

A fun, if not original action movie

Violence- 3 (Swashbuckling violence, and creepy skeletons)
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

Great movie

You should let your kids watch it. All it has is that they drink and there is a bit of violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySisterMax August 21, 2014

I'm gonna be honest...

I LOVE pirates of the Caribbean but there's a lot of elements that would scare/disturb younger viewers. Like the different pirate crews or the whole aspect of killing. Pirates has a lot of fun/funny aspects that are very enjoyable and a good amount of parts that are good for younger kids but my suggestion would be too fast forward some of the scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie August 21, 2014

great pirate movie teens only

Pirates of the Caribbean is made of 4 movies personally this is the only good one. It contains lots of violence and although it isn't extremely graphic it is still violent teens and some tweens can handle it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 10, 2014

This is great!

There are skeletons (pretty realistic ones for the time it was made) and some scary and violent parts, but they still don't harm a great film. Avoiding the driking, gambling and other stuff, I'd say that children should be fine watching this. :)
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2014

Great!

EPIC! With humour and action, this is a fine pirate film. Johnny Depp was hilarious and great. Kids could watch if not scared.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

my 7 year old brother watched this when he was maybe even 6.

a bit scary at times, but really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabiG April 12, 2014

The sound of music

This is a heartwarming story that is a little scary at the end. This is good for a child who understands that time frame and knows it is likely it will not happen to them. Saw it when I was eight, loved the movie, memorized the songs, and sung them as a little girl all the time. Great Musical movie definitely see it. One of the best movies Julia Andrews ever did.
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2014

Lots of Fun

I've been watching this movie since I was 5 or 6 years old. I'm twelve now, and would definitely be fine now. However, I always had older siblings, whcih pushed me to be more prone to violent movies. Skeletons and blood are the worst parts, and perhaps drinking, but lets face it, they're pirates. Nothing else is too graphic. This movie is a lot of fun!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014