All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2014

A fun, if not original action movie

Violence- 3 (Swashbuckling violence, and creepy skeletons)
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

Great movie

You should let your kids watch it. All it has is that they drink and there is a bit of violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySisterMax August 21, 2014

I'm gonna be honest...

I LOVE pirates of the Caribbean but there's a lot of elements that would scare/disturb younger viewers. Like the different pirate crews or the whole aspect of killing. Pirates has a lot of fun/funny aspects that are very enjoyable and a good amount of parts that are good for younger kids but my suggestion would be too fast forward some of the scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie August 21, 2014

great pirate movie teens only

Pirates of the Caribbean is made of 4 movies personally this is the only good one. It contains lots of violence and although it isn't extremely graphic it is still violent teens and some tweens can handle it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 10, 2014

This is great!

There are skeletons (pretty realistic ones for the time it was made) and some scary and violent parts, but they still don't harm a great film. Avoiding the driking, gambling and other stuff, I'd say that children should be fine watching this. :)
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2014

Great!

EPIC! With humour and action, this is a fine pirate film. Johnny Depp was hilarious and great. Kids could watch if not scared.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

my 7 year old brother watched this when he was maybe even 6.

a bit scary at times, but really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabiG April 12, 2014

The sound of music

This is a heartwarming story that is a little scary at the end. This is good for a child who understands that time frame and knows it is likely it will not happen to them. Saw it when I was eight, loved the movie, memorized the songs, and sung them as a little girl all the time. Great Musical movie definitely see it. One of the best movies Julia Andrews ever did.
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2014

Lots of Fun

I've been watching this movie since I was 5 or 6 years old. I'm twelve now, and would definitely be fine now. However, I always had older siblings, whcih pushed me to be more prone to violent movies. Skeletons and blood are the worst parts, and perhaps drinking, but lets face it, they're pirates. Nothing else is too graphic. This movie is a lot of fun!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014

Best of the POTC films
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2013

Iffy

Great Movie! Although, there is alot of vilence for kids if you are 10 or older im sure you could see this. the zombie pirates are a little scary but it isn't that bad. Only one scene involves blood but it is very quick. Jack also acts drunk around Lizzie and she plays along with him (although jack IS REALLY drunk). When the black pearl first attacks a village, alot of people are killed and stabbed by evil pirates. Some of them get kind of scary. For 2 seconds you see a kid by himself crying with a pirate trying to kill him. It isn't that bad of a movie. Good for 10+.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2013

A magic pearl!

Amazing. It is a brilliant film and very funny. I didn't find it scary at all. It really helped me to understand about pirates behaviour.
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2013

Sparrow = Depp

Great movie perfect stunts and a lot of clever witty puns
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2013

Let your kid watch it

this shouldn't be a 12 it should be a pg and plus its Disney how bad could it be its a little long and complicated not much though and people get stabed and jack drinks quit a lot but its pirates what do you expext Barbosa gets stabed and you see blood on the knife is the only gory scene and there is skeleton pirates which could be scary for 5 and up overall its a great film and shouldn't be a 12 theres a bit of fighting skeletons could be scary and a bit of drinking I like it and you should let your kid watch it and its also quite funny should be a pg not a 12
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

Really good, really funny, and really action packed

The script, acting, and visual effects are all fantastic. The story can be occasionally confusing and sometimes a little bit slow. Overall, the movie was good, clever, and exciting but not very compelling. I recommend this adventure to 10 and up.
Kid, 7 years old August 17, 2013

very good but lots of skeletons stabling shooting blood

very good but has scary images skeletons characters shot stabled alot of violence lots of blood and swordfighting charcters almost die has lots of skeletons and monsters also bombs
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnvitZero August 8, 2013

Pirates of the Caribbean is great!

Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2013

Great movie, too violent for younger kids

Pirates drink freely, and jack sparrow and another girl are shown tipsy. One character is shot, other characters are shot at. Characters are also are stabbed. The skeletons may also disturb younger audience. Pirates make rude comments. Pirates cut maidens hand and show blood. One pirate is shot, and his white shirt fills up with blood.
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2013

Watch out for the skeletons!

I loved this movie! But some of the scenes are very violent. If you are scared of skeletons, you might end up with nightmares. But overall this is a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

Best movie EVER! Dont listen to all the other reviews!

GREAT movie! I dont know WHAT these familys are thinking with the stabbing, there isnt anything! Starting with: Sex: Innuendo, mostly from Jack, smiles in a "pleased" way when Elizabeth is putting his belt on, talks about pleasurable company and puts his arm round her on the beach. Also elizabeth has the choice to dine with the captain and wear a dress or with the crew naked. Revealing bodice. Mentions Eunuchs. Language: Almost none! If any very mild. Violence: Lots of people going Uuuuuuh but no blood except for one bit were a man gets shot. Looks very fake though. Also elizabeth gets her hand cut. Skeletons I think are really funny some kids might not. But I love it! Violence: L