All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2013

Iffy

Great Movie! Although, there is alot of vilence for kids if you are 10 or older im sure you could see this. the zombie pirates are a little scary but it isn't that bad. Only one scene involves blood but it is very quick. Jack also acts drunk around Lizzie and she plays along with him (although jack IS REALLY drunk). When the black pearl first attacks a village, alot of people are killed and stabbed by evil pirates. Some of them get kind of scary. For 2 seconds you see a kid by himself crying with a pirate trying to kill him. It isn't that bad of a movie. Good for 10+.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2013

A magic pearl!

Amazing. It is a brilliant film and very funny. I didn't find it scary at all. It really helped me to understand about pirates behaviour.
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2013

Sparrow = Depp

Great movie perfect stunts and a lot of clever witty puns
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2013

Let your kid watch it

this shouldn't be a 12 it should be a pg and plus its Disney how bad could it be its a little long and complicated not much though and people get stabed and jack drinks quit a lot but its pirates what do you expext Barbosa gets stabed and you see blood on the knife is the only gory scene and there is skeleton pirates which could be scary for 5 and up overall its a great film and shouldn't be a 12 theres a bit of fighting skeletons could be scary and a bit of drinking I like it and you should let your kid watch it and its also quite funny should be a pg not a 12
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

Really good, really funny, and really action packed

The script, acting, and visual effects are all fantastic. The story can be occasionally confusing and sometimes a little bit slow. Overall, the movie was good, clever, and exciting but not very compelling. I recommend this adventure to 10 and up.
Kid, 7 years old August 17, 2013

very good but lots of skeletons stabling shooting blood

very good but has scary images skeletons characters shot stabled alot of violence lots of blood and swordfighting charcters almost die has lots of skeletons and monsters also bombs
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnvitZero August 8, 2013

Pirates of the Caribbean is great!

Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2013

Great movie, too violent for younger kids

Pirates drink freely, and jack sparrow and another girl are shown tipsy. One character is shot, other characters are shot at. Characters are also are stabbed. The skeletons may also disturb younger audience. Pirates make rude comments. Pirates cut maidens hand and show blood. One pirate is shot, and his white shirt fills up with blood.
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2013

Watch out for the skeletons!

I loved this movie! But some of the scenes are very violent. If you are scared of skeletons, you might end up with nightmares. But overall this is a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

Best movie EVER! Dont listen to all the other reviews!

GREAT movie! I dont know WHAT these familys are thinking with the stabbing, there isnt anything! Starting with: Sex: Innuendo, mostly from Jack, smiles in a "pleased" way when Elizabeth is putting his belt on, talks about pleasurable company and puts his arm round her on the beach. Also elizabeth has the choice to dine with the captain and wear a dress or with the crew naked. Revealing bodice. Mentions Eunuchs. Language: Almost none! If any very mild. Violence: Lots of people going Uuuuuuh but no blood except for one bit were a man gets shot. Looks very fake though. Also elizabeth gets her hand cut. Skeletons I think are really funny some kids might not. But I love it! Violence: L
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

OK but not great

I liked this and my 8 yr old sister liked it to. It wasn't great and it was kinda scary so younger kids beware
Teen, 15 years old Written byHylianHobbit February 8, 2013

It's a good film, but not as good as everyone says it is...

My friends have been talking about this movie a lot, so I desided to watch it. My verdict? It's good. The acting is brilliant and the story has some great moments. But, its not as good as the hype lead it to sound. I'd watch it again, and I shall watch the second one soon, but all in all, I don't see what the big fuss is about. Who is it suitable for? Well, I'd say it depends on the child. I would have quite happily watched it when I was 12, but that doesnt mean every 12 year old would be happy with it. There is a lot of fighting and violence, and some rather creepy Skeleton Pirates, but it's still kept quite comical. I'd say that it is suitable for most people age 12+.
Kid, 8 years old December 18, 2012

Okay for kids 8 and older

I think this movie should have been rated PG, because this movie was not very scary. Just one part, near the beginning. I had to stop watching for a day after the fight scene so I could think about it. I tried again the next day and loved the rest of the movie. The violence is not that bad and the movie is pretty funny. The skeletons are sort of funny and older kids would think they are cool. Kids around 6 might get nightmares from them.
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2012

The first installation of the POTC series.

In one scene, Captain Barbossa throws Elizabeth over to his crew. They begin touching her and trying to remove her clothing so they can rape her, but Will interferes before they can rip off her clothes; also, at Tortuga, you see drunken women with a huge part of their buxom breasts showing and a woman putting her skirt over a drunk man. Characters are always drinking, especially Jack. Not much blood and gore, but a skeleton does slit a soldier's throat.
Kid, 9 years old September 3, 2012

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 1

Great adventure is action-packed and fun
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow July 7, 2012

Hilarious and satisfyingly violent

I was only in Kindergarten when this movie came out, so I didn't see it in theaters. In fact, I saw Dead Man's Chest and At World's End before I even saw this. Nevertheless, I was impressed when I first saw this (I was in seventh grade). Even though the effects weren't as good as they were in Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, I still managed to enjoy it a lot. The swashbuckling action violence was very nice, as was the acting, especially from Johnny Depp. Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush were also great, and Kiera Knightly was a nice as the film's hottie. I have never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, so I haven't ridden the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but if I do, I hope it's as satisfyingly jarring as the film!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 June 25, 2012

Sword play and action aren't too much for kids

I think that a kid 9 or older should be fine with this movie. The action is mild and okay for tweens up
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 May 4, 2012

Very good.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCalcabrina April 16, 2012

lol!!!

Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth? Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

A classic

The best movie of the series. It is a great pirate movie as well