All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2012

Best "Pirates of the Caribbean" yet!

Great movie! But the other ones are a let down to this one! LOVE IT. Johnny Depp produces humor to loosen up the tension from the skeletons. Not at all scary to me, but might be for some little kids (8 & younger)
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 26, 2012

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Review

It's humorous, action-packed and thrilling. The problem with it is that sometimes it focuses too much on humor and not on the actual plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNovalita December 21, 2011

Pirates Rule!

I absolutely love this movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Pirates of the Cariabbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 101

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a great movie for kids 10 and up. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, but I found the sexual content rather..........overwhelming - a pirate says, "you'll be eating with the captain with this dress or eat wit the crew naked!" and he seems surprised/mad when she chooses to eat with the captain. Many revealing dresses, but no nudity. If you aren't afraid of skeletons, stabbing, or shooting you will not be bothered by the violence. There really aren't any positive messages or good role models, this movie is just for fun. Overall, this was great movie! Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmithsharni November 14, 2011

too grewsome for kids

i think the pirates of the caribbean is too violent for kids under 15, because there is a lot of grewsome when the charactors kill and fight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmethyst500 October 25, 2011

Great Movie!

I had been asking my parents if I could see this movie since I was in first grade, and when they finally let me see it I was like, "So? Where's that violent part you said I was too young too see?" I guess they were talking about the skeleton zombie people. Honestly, they were done more for laughs than screams. If I were a parent, I'd be more concerned about the steamy kiss at the end of the movie. Ugh, now that was awkward to watch with my parents....
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2011

only 10+

its a very great film but do not let any of your 10- kids see it please if you agree. but its normally for 13+ if ur kid wants to see it and she/he is under 13 only 10+ can see it and only with pg and parents permission
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2011

This movie rocks!

Great movie, started watching it when I was 8. But if your scared of seeing undead pirates stabbing people you should probably wait until your 11 or 12.
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2011

OK

Not the best movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2011

Best Swashbuckling movie since captain blood (1930's)

Well, my dad actually braught it home when I was two, and my mom didn't quite approve of it. 6 years later, he brought it home again and I loved it! It's probably the best of the movies. There are some drinking scenes, kissing, and violence. If your eight year old doesn't mind skeletons, they should be fine.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

One of the best

My favorite of all POTC movies. Has all the action that teens like. This was also my first PG-13 movie so I like it a lot.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2011

Not much bad stuff and a brilliant movie, 11+

I love this movie. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow really well. There is some goreless violence with practically no blood. Language includes bl--dy, d-mn, h-ll and one use of b---ard. Some drinking. Good role models and messages (Elizabeth Swann), bad role models and messages (Jack Sparrow). Hilarious and well done with a great cast.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 April 30, 2011

Pirates is amazing!!!!

this is an amazing movie that i watch at least once a month!! all of them are awesome and i can't wait for the next one!!! johnny depp and pirates: AWESOME!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

Worth Buying...

i absolutly love this movie
Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2011

Never get old!

I love this movie. Never gets old!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydude01 January 15, 2011

Don't worry parents, it's good for teens!

I loved this movie, and really I think that as long as kids aren't afraid of walking skeletons, it's great for 12 + kids. It has action, it's also funny, and it's the best pirates movie I have seen. Plus Johnny Depp rocks!
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2011

Pirating adventure puts a new light on the old art of raiding the seven seas.

I really like Pirates of the Carribean movies. I wouldn't worry about too much in this movie, although there's definitely some intense action, and of course, live skeletons. What would a pirate movie be without live skeletons? Ha ha! But seriously, the movie is very good. There's some oppressive references to women, because it's the 17th century, and these are pirates. They show Elizabeth in a slightly revealing bodice. Of course they drink cartloads of rum and beer, and being drunk is inevitable. Lots of wild, unruly behavior, and no personal hygiene. Great movie overall, one of my favorites.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonarkWing July 1, 2010

Great movie!

I love this movie, It is amazing your kids might love it. Good Role Models: Elizabeth is not easy to push around, she stands up for what she believes in, and she's caring, Will is deturmened. And Jack is a loyal friend.. dispite everything else. Violence: Duh. Lots of sword fights, stabbing, shooting, but nothing really gory, a guys eye falls out a few times, but not anything really discusting. Sex: Not much to worry about, except for a few coments made by pirates ( I'm sure there's some, but I couldn't undersrand them ) Will and Elizabeth will end up together, and when Elizabeth was in the black pearl the dead pirates gave her an option of eating with the captain in a dress, or with the crew naked ( it was funny though ) Words: The only bad words I heard were the D word, bloody, and hell, ( I think the D word was in there - not sure ) and bloody isn't really bad unless you're in another country. Drinking: Rum is mentioned and Elizabeth and Jack drink a bit too much and act wacky ( I think its funny actually ) Anyway, I love the movie. Plus, I love all of the actors. My favorite actor plays Jack Sparrow.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2010

cool

it is a cool movie but if kids are scard of scelatons and dead people it is a no way