All member reviews for Pitch Perfect

Edgy, teen-friendly musical comedy uplifts with song, heart.

Adult Written bywoodberries February 12, 2013

The most digusting PG13 I may have ever seen.

Children who see this will be learning many new ways to be immoral and vulgar and obsessed with sex. It's 90% about sex and 10% about relationships and singing. If you must see the musical performances I would avoid everything else. I can't imagine bringing my teens to this. My 10 year old would not understand all the references and would laugh at the repeated vomit scenes but the girl attacking another girl's private areas because she is a lesbian or a boy and girl in the shower talking to another girl in the shower..its' just not images I would want to expose her to. It's poorly written as well. I wish I could erase the vulgarity from my mind.
Parent Written byyournameisroger March 6, 2014

Uncomfortable with topics & language for my kids

I've found the other reviews I've read to be very generous in their assessment that this movie is 'not that bad' and 'fine for kids 13 and under'. My daughter was upset with me because she's 'the only one' of her friends who haven't seen this movie. I watched this movie myself and the plot was good and the singing and all that, but overall I was shocked by some of the content- my daughter is 14 and I don't think this movie is appropriate for younger teens. I would feel uncomfortable watching this with my adult friends. Beside the language, which is a LOT, there is a significant amount of sexual dialogue - including a full discussion about which song is one character's 'lady jam' which she explains is the song she uses for masturbation. And then explains why. And this is a conversation she has naked with another naked girl, right after she is seen leaving a girls dorm shower stall with a boy. So ya, it just goes on like that. I guess you can ignore all of the sexual stuff like that (goes on throughout the movie) if you want, but I don't find it appropriate for my kids at all and I can't recommend it to parents because of the content.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bygabrielleA November 5, 2012

give us some good role models with some morality, please?

do we really need our girls getting another incentive to have sex as much/often as possible? Really? I was so disappointed w/ the amt. of language & pimping up of the girls boob importance.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymarci123 September 29, 2012

Great, Funny Movie

It is a very good movie. I liked it a lot! I think that children 12-13 and up woukd enjoy this movie. It had a party scene but that is about it. I really enjoyed this movie. Me and my 12 year old daughter saw it yesterday. There was a lot of language. That got tiring after a while but don't let that stop you from seeing it.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bymb parent January 6, 2013

More appropriate for the 17+ crowd.

While there are positive role models if you define that term loosely, parents should be aware that the college scene is portrayed as one where many young adults are having sex with people who are not a serious part of their lives. This is not an appropriate message for 13 to 16 year olds.
Teen, 15 years old Written byd123 October 10, 2012

LOOK AT THIS REVIEW!!! PARENTS LOOK BELOW!!

AMAZING!!! I couldn't stop laughing so hard. I'm 13 and i went with my friends, and everyone thought it was really good. I would say at least 11 years old can see this movie...they just have to be mature. hahahaha! no ones mature these days! But seriously see this movie! PARENTS if your seeing this review....then you should let your child watch the movie! If you truly love them.(just joking)!! Anyways stop reading this review and get your butt out the door and see it. RUN LIKE THE WIDE!!
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Pitch Perfrect hit the right note for US!!

Okay so my 10 year old daughter and I went to see this over the Christmas period and we both really enjoyed it. It's simple, boy meets girl, boy likes girl, girl not sure but after one or two songs and 'seeing the light' girl eventually likes boy!! Yes there are songs thrown in, a bit of a nod to girls liking girls but hey we are just about to enter in 2013 and society has moved on .... Once again my daughters comments 'did they actually do any work apart from sing!!' - it's Glee but on the big screen and reduced to an hour and a bit. It's harmless fun - like The Breakfast Club in my day!!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg March 8, 2013

Uneeded ' Dirty Stuff'

I am 12 and I watched this movie. Even though this movie ia really good, I think it is a bit old for me. It has lots of sex talk, bad words, drinking and its a really bad movie in terms of being clean and age appropiate. I am quite dissapointed with the directors because i felt they could of made a good movie with singing without the dirty talk and sex.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byCassidy D. April 5, 2013

NOT A KIDS MOVIE!!!

This is definitely NOT A KIDS MOVIE! I honestly thought my 11 year old was ready for it because so many of her friends had seen it. SHE WAS NOT! We ended up turning it of in the middle. It has so much swearing and inappropriate behavior! But I actually watched it a few days later and I liked it. It actually has some good messages and role models, and the singing is really good! And I love the cup song! So watch this movie, but not with the kids.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2015

The Best Movie

Just saying.. I saw this movie when I was 9 and my brother who is three years younger than me has also seen it and it was the best movie ever! Totally appropriate for kids.
Parent Written byJason man May 4, 2014

Terrible example for young women

This movie is a horrible example of teamwork and unity. It depicts young women who refer to each other as bitches and sluts that are competing against other singing groups. The filthy language and sexual references are prevalent throughout. I would be embarrassed to watch this with my kids and would not recommend it to anyone as a family safe movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylab909 September 29, 2012

pitch perfect

this movie is hilarious!!!!!! i was laughing so hard!!! a lot of language and references to sex but i'm 13 (almost 14) and it was no big deal. kids 13 and up should be fine to see this movie as long as they are pretty mature. overall hilarious movie with good songs and a must see!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoJimmyProtested November 7, 2012

A- movie

Pitch Perfect was a pretty good movie! It had a lot of language, wich got tiring, but overall had redeeming qualities. Violence.... A girl vomits a lot, and it is shown. It didn't bother me, but it could easily disturb younger viewers. Sex... A lot of innuendo is used but nothing is shown. Two characters share a sweet kiss. Language.... A LOT of language was in this movie. A profanity was used probably every five minutes. I could handle it, though. Drinking... Drunk people are at a party.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhockeyguy September 28, 2012

Pitch Ok

Sexy and has frequent swearing, but some heart. Iffy for 15 and under
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycuriouslurker June 27, 2013

Wouldn't want my 11 year old to watch it.

Pitch Perfect is an OK movie. It wasn't great, but the songs were good and Rebel Wilson provides a few laughs. My issue with the movie is the negative stereotyping and the use of the word "sl-t". There isn't a lot of sexual content, but there is a lot of innuendo and talk about sex. High school kids are already exposed to that kind of thing, but my 11 year old probably wouldn't get a lot of it and that could lead to a lot of awkward questions.
Teen, 13 years old Written byqq4123 June 4, 2013

WOW! Tweens are welcome!

WOW! An excellent movie, probably my new favorite! Just a few scenes that you may have to skip. First of all, you may notice that the main character, in the beginning, is very dark. She wants to quit college, is kind of goth-like, and is very quiet. Her actions can be naughty, but she soon turns loveable. Other characters are NOT the best either, like a woman who turns out being gay, or even Fat Amy, a cursing naughty young adult that calls herself fat to shield from bullying. Fat Amy also rips of her shirt, but of course, there is an undershirt underneath, so nothing to worry about. As for bad scenes themselves, towards the being of the movie, a woman hears the main character sing in the shower and runs in naked to come see her, but nothing at all is shown. A man also comes into the shower, but does not say anything bad and nothing at all is shown. Drinking and smoking are used, along with reference, but no drugs! Then, there is the riff-off. Some songs have bad words, but what you may have to worry about is the "sex songs". Part of the competition is singing sex songs. Many songs are featured, and most are full of the topic. You may have to skip this part, but if your 12 year old IS mature, then this is not scare. There is name calling, rude comments, and language is often tested. Romance does play a big factor, but it's just a ton of kissing, talking, and singing. No sex. As for violence, there is hardly any, except for one of the fights with the girl's accapela group towards the end. A woman throws up, and the fist fight and have a small girly fight, but really that's it. The Troublemakers accapela group can often be really mean to the girls though, as one throws a burrito at Fat Amy. Mostly, comments made by the groups are mean and hurtful. Overall, this movie is amazing! I think a mature 11 year old could even see it!
Parent Written bycares51370 February 2, 2013

Good movie, but be cautious

My daughter asked for this movie for her 10th birthday because "all" of her friends had seen it. I know better than to trust my child when she says this, but it was really close to her birthday and my mom was looking for something to get her so I told her to get it for her. We watched a few days later and I realized I really need to pay better attention to what she watches. There are certainly worse things she could watch and most of the things that were in the movie went right over her head. She loved the music mostly. She wants to watch it at her slumber party and I said NO!
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2013

PLEASE READ THIS, PARENTS!!!

I'm 11 and I absolutely LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! If your a parent and your worried about your kid seeing this, don't! I guess there are some mildly inappropriate scenes, but that's about it!!! I've seen movies that are a lot more inappropriate then this movie, if your kid has seen titanic and wasn't effected by it, then you're fine to see this movie with them! They do have to be mature though...
Teen, 13 years old Written byLautnerFan October 20, 2012

Good movie ;D

I think that this was a very entertaining movie (story line, dancing and singing, funny parts), but there was a lot of cussing and sexual references. I think that the movie would have been just as good (if not better) if all of that extra stuff wasn't in it. Otherwise, I REALLY enjoyed the movie. It teaches you to not always go by what you know, and to take risks. I think that this movie is good for anyone that's 14 or 15 or older. Hope this review helped :D
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2014

fine

this movie is fine just fine WARNING: this movie can be annoying sometimes even for girls