All member reviews for Planes: Fire & Rescue

Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2014

Cute adventure tweens okay but might be a little scary for young kids

Although this is a good movie it has some scenes that might scare young kids.Such as when Blade and Dusty are hiding in the cave like mine to hide from the fire and Blade tried to protect Dusty but got really burnt on his side which is a little scary.But all the characters heal that are injured.Spoil alert one scene Dusty looked dead but brought back to life that scene is really emotional.Plus on the sex scene a girl that is all over Dusty made some PG-13 innuendoes.And the main bad guy in the film is Cad Spinner.He isn't the best role model but all the other planes are role models.Plus in one scene Dusty said I kicked Aston Marton which is supposed to replace the a word. Positive Messages:Messages about self sacrifice are strong and solid and the smokejumpers are loyal friends. Great role models:Dusty at first is mad about his disability but realizes even with his disability.Dipper is a boy crazy girl who makes a bit of inappropriate comments that young kids might not get but tweens and teens will.But one the upside the smokejumpers are loyal friends who care to protect the enviroment. Violence or scary scenes:Lots of peril but are caused by big fires.Main characters are usually doing stuff that can lead to death or intense care.In one scene a main character(Dusty)is shown to be dead but is not. S-xy stuff:A female plane is shown to be obsessed with Dusty and makes a few PG-13 innuendos that most kids and tweens won't get. Swearing:No real curse words but a few terms that replace strong words such as oh Chevy and I kicked Aston Marton crude potty humor is infrequent. Commercial products:None in the movie but there is plenty of toys at stores. Drinking:Cars do briefly drink at bars. So that's my review.
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2014

I am a Planes fan!!!

I am a Planes fan! I saw Planes in theaters Summer 2013 and loved it for a year. When I heard about Planes:Fire and Rescue, I just totally freaked out! It is an AWESOME movie for ages 6 and up. We saw it three times in the theatre and invited all our friends. They became instant fans, too! although it was sad Ripslinger and ElChu weren't in the movie, we loved it and it is SO much funnier than the first movie! It does have some scary parts, like when Blade and Dusty were hiding from the fire in the mine, and when there was a huge fire and everyone was evacuating and Dusty crashed(only shown from his eye view. No music. ). But hey, Dusty crashes a lot and likes to do things his own way. I was glad to see that Dusty had NOT CHANGED. Skipper has changed quite a bit. Dottie's not budging. this is all good news! The fire scenes are beautiful and the music is amazing(I have the soundtrack!). This is not a movie for younger kids, though. This is an AWESOME and EXCITING and FUNNY movie! WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2014

WORST COMPANY EVER!

I can't believe you give this movie 4 stars and like this movie better than Planes, Trains and Automobiles. You are the worst company I have ever seen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 October 1, 2014

I really liked the first "Planes" but this was just alright. Dusty is really likable, just like in the first one, but while this has it's moments (Howard the Truck, and John Michael Higgins' manipulative Cad), it isn't as fully investing and entertaining as the first. Felt sort of slapped together and sort of forgettable. But it's worth a rental because the heart that the first one had is definitely still present here.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 20, 2014

Darker sequel has family friendly 3d moments but also more potty humor+Intense moments

My rating:PG for mild action,rude humor and thematic elements
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

A great movie!

Has some cool parts for younger kids too. Older kids would lose attention during the movie though.
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2014

Planes: Fire and Rescue

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles Planes: Fire and Rescue is a good movie. Barely anything inappropriate.
Kid, 5 years old July 31, 2014

Firemen and fire

I think this movie is a little bit boring, and there was so much fire. It was a little bit sad, too.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2014

Don't bother with this movie-length toy commercial...

To quote Rotten Tomatoes' critic consensus: "Although it's too flat and formulaic to measure up against the best family-friendly fare, Planes: Fire and Rescue is a passable diversion for much younger viewers." The only really good thing about this movie is the animation, but you can find many other animated films (any Pixar film) out there that have good animation and an actually decent plot. This movie will brainwash your kid into wanting a Planes: Fire and Rescue action figure. So not only will you spend money on the movie tickets, but the toys that you will be pressured into buying too. The funny thing is that this movie was almost directly made for selling merchandise. Just wait for it to be on Netflix or something.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywww.cinemark.com July 22, 2014