All member reviews for Planes: Fire & Rescue

Movies

Movies
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2014

Planes: Fire and Rescue

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles Planes: Fire and Rescue is a good movie. Barely anything inappropriate.
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2014

I am a Planes fan!!!

I am a Planes fan! I saw Planes in theaters Summer 2013 and loved it for a year. When I heard about Planes:Fire and Rescue, I just totally freaked out! It is an AWESOME movie for ages 6 and up. We saw it three times in the theatre and invited all our friends. They became instant fans, too! although it was sad Ripslinger and ElChu weren't in the movie, we loved it and it is SO much funnier than the first movie! It does have some scary parts, like when Blade and Dusty were hiding from the fire in the mine, and when there was a huge fire and everyone was evacuating and Dusty crashed(only shown from his eye view. No music. ). But hey, Dusty crashes a lot and likes to do things his own way. I was glad to see that Dusty had NOT CHANGED. Skipper has changed quite a bit. Dottie's not budging. this is all good news! The fire scenes are beautiful and the music is amazing(I have the soundtrack!). This is not a movie for younger kids, though. This is an AWESOME and EXCITING and FUNNY movie! WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2015

An amazing movie that is action packed and entertaining

I love this movie but there is alot of peril and scary fires.So you might want to preview it before you let your young kids watch it.But in my opinion this movie is better then Frozen.No offence to Frozen lovers but I hate Frozen it's just not the right movie for me.However in summer 2014 I went in the theater to see Planes:Fire & Rescue and it was fun and scary at the same time.And there is scary fires that even scared me and trust me I'm a tween.But however it was a pretty good for a movie that didn't get an Oscar.And Disney if your reading this review where is Planes 3?Is it coming summer 2015?I'm just wondering because I really want to see it badly.
Kid, 5 years old July 31, 2014

Firemen and fire

I think this movie is a little bit boring, and there was so much fire. It was a little bit sad, too.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2014

Don't bother with this movie-length toy commercial...

To quote Rotten Tomatoes' critic consensus: "Although it's too flat and formulaic to measure up against the best family-friendly fare, Planes: Fire and Rescue is a passable diversion for much younger viewers." The only really good thing about this movie is the animation, but you can find many other animated films (any Pixar film) out there that have good animation and an actually decent plot. This movie will brainwash your kid into wanting a Planes: Fire and Rescue action figure. So not only will you spend money on the movie tickets, but the toys that you will be pressured into buying too. The funny thing is that this movie was almost directly made for selling merchandise. Just wait for it to be on Netflix or something.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

A great movie!

Has some cool parts for younger kids too. Older kids would lose attention during the movie though.
Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2015

Dumb, lame, and idiotic planes movie has just gotten way worse.

My rating G for: violent image.
Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2014

WORST COMPANY EVER!

I can't believe you give this movie 4 stars and like this movie better than Planes, Trains and Automobiles. You are the worst company I have ever seen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 October 1, 2014

I really liked the first "Planes" but this was just alright. Dusty is really likable, just like in the first one, but while this has it's moments (Howard the Truck, and John Michael Higgins' manipulative Cad), it isn't as fully investing and entertaining as the first. Felt sort of slapped together and sort of forgettable. But it's worth a rental because the heart that the first one had is definitely still present here.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycommonsensemedia.com July 18, 2014