Kid reviews for Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Funny comedy about a holiday travel nightmare has profanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 November 28, 2016

Hilarious, Heartfelt

One of the best comedies

Teen, 13 years old Written byRex Banner November 28, 2015

Going on a trip in our little plane,train,or automobile soaring through the sky's

Honestly this movie is fine for 13 year olds if you skip the scene in which Steve Martin uses the dreaded F-bomb. this actually would have been a pg movie if they would have removed this scene. The only major issue here is the language.

Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2016

I think this shouldn't be R

Sure there's some bad language but it's not horrible and it's very funny and great for kids 10+, if you are younger than 10 I recommend you have a parent approval. Enjoy the movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFilmFanatic May 12, 2018

Hughes's Road-Trip Comedy Isn't That Funny

I remember watching this with the family at Thanksgiving when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I remembered this movie being a lot funnier. Sure, the scene where Neal and Del are riding a car on the wrong side of the road is hilarious, but the majority of the movie is foul-mouthed and full of moments that will only make you chuckle a little bit. The one scene that pushes this movie into R-rated territory is when Neal says f--k over 15 times in one scene out of frustration. If you took out that one scene from the whole movie it would probably get a PG rating. Del is shown smoking in the movie a few times, and nothing sexual is shown or implied throughout the movie. Other than language, there isn't much that parents should worry about. This is a comedy movie that is worth watching around Thanksgiving once each year, and it has a good message about first impressions and friendship. I recommend you watch this movie with the family around Thanksgiving time. It should make you laugh a little bit.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhereismyreview December 29, 2017
Has a lot of childlike humor and can be funny for adults too. Is a adventure - comedy movie
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2017

Here is a Helpful Review:

(I didn't know what to call this review.) Anyways, I just watched this movie and I wouldn't have guessed that it was rated R. It's a great holiday movie that is mostly appropriate for kids. There isn't much inappropriateness at all in the movie, and when there is it is comical. Also not much violence. But, if you are concerned about the language here is a heads up: in one scene the F word is said about 15 times, but honestly it just made me laugh so hard. (That scene was hilarious.) Your kids already know about that word anyways. I think this movie is fine for a mature 11 year old or a 12 year old! And in the end it turned out to have a very positive message!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolpool785 November 24, 2017

Great funny comedy has only one scene that's iffy.

Great comedy has only one bad scene, when a man says the F-Word about 30 times in a row. The rest is either a light PG-13 or a strong PG.

Kid, 9 years old February 11, 2017

planes, trains, and automobiles

Good but smoking, and language.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMPAA_Lover December 26, 2016

Not Very Inappropriate

Although this movie has an iconic tirade with f--k repeatedly, just about everything else is PG-appropriate. It is a great thanksgiving movie for somewhat older kids, and a very funny movie anytime!

Teen, 15 years old Written bymissmovielover November 3, 2016

So funny yet sad

Planes , trains and automobiles is a funny yet sad comedy about two strangers whos flight is delayed and they share a room together and go on an adventure. Ther is a scene with a lot of uses of the f word, and more language through the whole movie. It is not sexual, or crude. Must watch

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very,Very Funny

I like how two friends stay together to get to the guys house. It shows how you should stay together no matter what. That's just what you do.

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very,Very Funny

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII February 7, 2015

Hilarious comedy

There are many uses of @$$ and £u©k. A man is picked up by his testicles. A picture of a woman's naked buttocks are shown.

Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2014

Good but the swearing is bad

Good movie, PG material although for one scene. One character yells at a rental car agent and uses f**k at least 18 times. Other than that the movie is appropriate for kids.

Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2014

ONLY A 3 STARS?!

This is a classic movie and I cant believe you like Planes fire and rescue better than this movie! WORST COMPANY EVER By the way, there isn't even lots. Just one lot. I expected much more from a smart company.

Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2014

GREAT MOVIE!

This movie is FUNNY! Just Skip through the Car Rental Scene where Steve Martin says about 20 f-words in 2 minutes. Other than that, ages 7+ despite it being rated r. The reason it's R is because of that one scene
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarmottes January 2, 2014

Alright, except for the car rental scene

Classic movie with a frustrating plot. Lots of swearing

Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 16, 2013

Classic!

This movie is an amazing comedy, it's a classic. There is only one scene that contains swearing (19 f-bombs) and it can be skipped easily.

Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2013

funny

fine but neil drops the f-bomb a few times... otherwise it was great

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohn Candy Fan 9009 December 2, 2012

"Those aren't pillows!"

This movie was really funny! I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing! I especially like that the movie has John Candy in it! Not only is this funny, but it is heartwarming. I would recommend this for kids 14 and up. The movie contains one scene in which the f word is said BUNCH. And just for some sexual jokes. It also has violence, but it is like slap stick. Aside from this, I would recommend this movie to watch on a Saturday night!