Kid reviews for Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Funny comedy about a holiday travel nightmare has profanity.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 28, 2013

One Scene of Explicit Language

There is one scene where the f word is used repeatedly in one scene. However there is nothing important to the plot in this scene so it can be skipped entirely. Otherwise the inside of a car has pictures of scantily-clad woman (no nudity and very hard to see) and some jokes about body parts are made. As long as the scene with language is skipped, its perfectly fine for 8+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 November 28, 2016

Hilarious, Heartfelt

One of the best comedies

Teen, 13 years old Written byRex Banner November 28, 2015

Going on a trip in our little plane,train,or automobile soaring through the sky's

Honestly this movie is fine for 13 year olds if you skip the scene in which Steve Martin uses the dreaded F-bomb. this actually would have been a pg movie if they would have removed this scene. The only major issue here is the language.

Teen, 14 years old Written by[email protected] June 3, 2014

So Funny

This movie is very funny John Candy and Steve martin or both hilarious so funny!!!! There is some crude Humor but the only reason it is rated R is because of one scene where Steve Martins Character who is clearly pissed off says the F-word to a women at the a car rental about 20 times in 1 minute besides that we here S**t a couple times and a bit of other mild swearing. an awesome funny movie though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKnight Who Says Ni December 1, 2016

John Hughes comedy just a brief scene of language to worry about

Funny comedy just has a brief scene of strong language okay for kids 11 and up. Sex: Inside a taxi are numerous pin ups of nude women but no actual nudity can be seen and since the taxi is dark the actual pin ups are hard to see. A couple start passionately kissing and necking for a few seconds. Violence: Some slapstick violence. Language: There is a scene where Steve Martin repeatedly says the f word.

Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2013

A MUST-SEE FOR TWEENS AND UP!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles Content Guide: POSTIVE ROLE MODELS/MESSAGES: 4/10. Up-beat characters and laughs. VIOLENCE: 4/10. A man is grabbed by the balls and lifted up. Two people are robbed in the middle of the night, but no one is hurt. A knife is visible picking a lock. In one slapstick scene, a car explodes into flames. Some slapstick moments and funny, humorous, or mildly scary images. Ex: People run into shopping carts, a man is shown being a devil inside of a car. Other comic peril instances. SEX: 6/10. References and one PG-13 level sexual scene where a couple over-the-top make out in a bus. CONSUMERISM: 2/10. Some car brans and inn names. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING: 4/10. Some drinking/smoking. LANGUAGE: 7/10. Pervasive moderate and strong language, such as: assh*le, f*ck, b*tch, SOB, h*ll, godd*m, d*mn, etc. Very good comedy starring John Candy and Steve Martin!

Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2016

I think this shouldn't be R

Sure there's some bad language but it's not horrible and it's very funny and great for kids 10+, if you are younger than 10 I recommend you have a parent approval. Enjoy the movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFilmFanatic May 12, 2018

Hughes's Road-Trip Comedy Isn't That Funny

I remember watching this with the family at Thanksgiving when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I remembered this movie being a lot funnier. Sure, the scene where Neal and Del are riding a car on the wrong side of the road is hilarious, but the majority of the movie is foul-mouthed and full of moments that will only make you chuckle a little bit. The one scene that pushes this movie into R-rated territory is when Neal says f--k over 15 times in one scene out of frustration. If you took out that one scene from the whole movie it would probably get a PG rating. Del is shown smoking in the movie a few times, and nothing sexual is shown or implied throughout the movie. Other than language, there isn't much that parents should worry about. This is a comedy movie that is worth watching around Thanksgiving once each year, and it has a good message about first impressions and friendship. I recommend you watch this movie with the family around Thanksgiving time. It should make you laugh a little bit.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhereismyreview December 29, 2017
Has a lot of childlike humor and can be funny for adults too. Is a adventure - comedy movie
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2017

Here is a Helpful Review:

(I didn't know what to call this review.) Anyways, I just watched this movie and I wouldn't have guessed that it was rated R. It's a great holiday movie that is mostly appropriate for kids. There isn't much inappropriateness at all in the movie, and when there is it is comical. Also not much violence. But, if you are concerned about the language here is a heads up: in one scene the F word is said about 15 times, but honestly it just made me laugh so hard. (That scene was hilarious.) Your kids already know about that word anyways. I think this movie is fine for a mature 11 year old or a 12 year old! And in the end it turned out to have a very positive message!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolpool785 November 24, 2017

Great funny comedy has only one scene that's iffy.

Great comedy has only one bad scene, when a man says the F-Word about 30 times in a row. The rest is either a light PG-13 or a strong PG.

Kid, 9 years old February 11, 2017

planes, trains, and automobiles

Good but smoking, and language.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMPAA_Lover December 26, 2016

Not Very Inappropriate

Although this movie has an iconic tirade with f--k repeatedly, just about everything else is PG-appropriate. It is a great thanksgiving movie for somewhat older kids, and a very funny movie anytime!

Teen, 15 years old Written bymissmovielover November 3, 2016

So funny yet sad

Planes , trains and automobiles is a funny yet sad comedy about two strangers whos flight is delayed and they share a room together and go on an adventure. Ther is a scene with a lot of uses of the f word, and more language through the whole movie. It is not sexual, or crude. Must watch

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very,Very Funny

I like how two friends stay together to get to the guys house. It shows how you should stay together no matter what. That's just what you do.

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very,Very Funny

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII February 7, 2015

Hilarious comedy

There are many uses of @$$ and £u©k. A man is picked up by his testicles. A picture of a woman's naked buttocks are shown.

Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2014

Good but the swearing is bad

Good movie, PG material although for one scene. One character yells at a rental car agent and uses f**k at least 18 times. Other than that the movie is appropriate for kids.

Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2014

ONLY A 3 STARS?!

This is a classic movie and I cant believe you like Planes fire and rescue better than this movie! WORST COMPANY EVER By the way, there isn't even lots. Just one lot. I expected much more from a smart company.

Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2014

GREAT MOVIE!

This movie is FUNNY! Just Skip through the Car Rental Scene where Steve Martin says about 20 f-words in 2 minutes. Other than that, ages 7+ despite it being rated r. The reason it's R is because of that one scene