All teen and kid member reviews for Planet 51

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2011

Bad

This was very disapointing.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Lame!

Too violent when they want to cut out the astronaut's brain! Very stupid and lame! The word "Fricken" is used which is very bad language!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

should be rated pg-13

too much sexual things!! i think it should be rated pg-13. Also, the story was horrible and boring. Don't watch it and save your money and time!!
Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2011

charcters are shot but not killed characters are slashed but not killed no one is ever killed only some suffer injuries
Kid, 10 years old December 20, 2010

Stupid

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 16, 2010

Nice try... but they fell flat

Oh... wow, this was B.A.D. I try to give Dwane Johnson some slack, but wow.. wow wow wow. I couldn't keep my head faced towrd the screen. All I liked was the fact they pointed out that humans can be aliens too...
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdept August 20, 2010

Crude, Dull, and Meaningless

Yet another "kid" movie-- Planet 51 is a good idea poorly laid out. Although it's targeted at a younger audience, it's filled with crude and often suggestive humor. Don't waste your time on this.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2010

porely made.

Good idea but very pore made movie
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2010

Boring movie

Extremely boring plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite July 13, 2010

If you like terrible movies...this is the one.

It's not that it's bad...but there's one scene where Grease Lightning is played(there's a lot of innuendos in that song) It's not even that good.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2010

Bad movie.

not funny at all
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

Nothing bad for kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2010

Planet #1

This was a very creative movie. Finally, we are the aliens! It's unlike anything anyone has ever seen! It's like the aliens are us, and it shows how we act! Definitely see this movie!
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2010

for buying

Me and my 10 year old sister watched this movie and we laughed our butts off at the jokes and slapstick comedy.We loved this movie trust me don't listen to thouse negitive reviews it's only their opion.OK all in all I loved the kiss scene with lem and neera and this was just awsome.Well worth the money.If I could give it a real review I would give it a 6,000,000/10!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak May 27, 2010

Terrible, Childish film will only entertain young children ages 5-12.

Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010

older than 9, not a 100 A+

it was kinda' boring, because i could guess what would happen next
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 18, 2010

Okay but not a wow factor

I thought this was an okay movie. It's what you'd typically expect of a kids movie except there were a few jokes or little things that happened that weren't very appropriate for younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 16, 2010

A few crude jokes make this decent animated comedy best left for younger tweens and up

There have been countless animated movies that have fallen flat (Doogal, Space Chimps, Shrek the Third, etc.) and some that have triumphed (Up, Surf's Up!, The Incredibles, and so on). Planet 51, an animated family comedy from inde production groups, probably falls in the middle. To start with, the character animations, particularly the astronaut's, is superb. But the backrounds are heinous and distasteful. When you have a few good animated characteristics and some bad ones, the movie won't end up looking too good overall, and that's basically what happened here. The jokes are low-brow (to say the least) and some are really offensive. They involve naked humans, anal probes, and "hooking up" references, so this is best reserved for younger tweens and up. Older viewers will appreciate references to 50s' music and movies, but there is simply too much product placement to ignore. All in all, Planet 51 is a decent animated comedy that falls flat in trying to be new and age-appropriate, but may intice viewers with its homage to 50s' products and people. Still, it has far too many vulgar talk to be completely family-friendly.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysarah_soda March 5, 2010

Okay movie

Not really enjoyable, probably a bit funny for kids but some of the humour will go over their heads. The writers had a back to the future marathon before filming this, plus they used a whole bunch of stuff from other movies. Altogether not very creative.
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010