All member reviews for Planet 51

Underwhelming alien comedy has some suggestive humor.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bykitkat1104 December 11, 2009

Ok, but missing something.

It was ok not the best movie. The message was about accepting peoples difference and looking under the skin, but I did not like that the message got lost in the alien propaganda. All the similes to earth while cute were missing the pop of a good kids movie. I probably would not watch this movie again and diffently wouldn't buy it.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMomtoBeans December 8, 2009

I thought it was very entertaining. I did not appreciate the humor about body parts and cavities. It DID NOT go over my 5 year old's head about the "antennae" - she promptly shouted "That's not an antennae, that's his p...." It was unnecessary and really annoyed me that the movie company put some of that stuff in there - it made me feel a bit "tricked" into seeing a family movie that was questionable even for my 8 year old. That said, I really liked the characters - the astronaut was fun, and I did like the message about friendship, and also about diversity.
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2009

animated movie with lots of sexual humor does not fully satisfy

I just watched this movie yesterday with my friend at the movie theater and it was really really boring. I mean there a couple funny bits that made us laugh but besides that it was awful! And this movie is really inapropreat for younger kids. 1. because of the sci-fi action 2. because of some language like Freakin and 3. Because of the none stop sexual humor. That is the biggest concern i would have there is way to much of it!!! I would recomend this to kids ages 8-9. But kids older than that will find themselves falling asleep.
Adult Written bymumto4now November 29, 2009

Pass on this one

My 5 year old son and I saw this and we both agreed that it wasn't a very good movie. He didn't like it at all, too scary for him, although I thought it was tame compared to some movies aimed at this age group. There are some crude jokes and negative messages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byapplepieguy217 November 28, 2009

It's an average kids movie, but it had a few inappropriate jokes.
Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byftwmomof3 November 26, 2009

This movie is cute. It has a few references that lean more toward adults, but other wise a fairly good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJha80000 November 25, 2009

ok

i thought it was a pretty good movie but i feel like the directer could have put a little more effort into the movie
Adult Written byphoto413 November 21, 2009

Rent it

I was quite disappointed in this movie. I took my two sons, ages 9 and 5. They only laughed / chuckled maybe twice throughout the entire show. There were also several references that I would rather not have them see or hear in a children's movie. There are several, although vaugue, references to anal probing. One character uses the word "freakin'." Also, during a scene where the astronaut is naked, one of the "aliens" says "that's a funny place for your antenna." I would recommend this movie as a rental - but it's not worth the money spent at the theatre.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byrobiepc November 21, 2009

Best part were in the trailer.

Totally lame. The adults did not like nor did the kids (10 year old boy and two 7 year old girls. Might be worth renting, but save your money on the theater tickets.
Adult Written byTeam Von November 21, 2009

Funny and good message.

We loved it. Son 9 & daughter 7, thought it was hilarious. I did not like the anal probe or a few other things but I thought the message about us not prejudging and being more accepting of others different from us was good and open a good dialogue with my kids. We enjoyed it.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2009