All member reviews for Platoon

Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2012

Amazing movie

This movie is very powerful. I had watched Full Metal Jacket in the morning I saw it, so was expecting another gory but excellent movie. I got more than I bargained for. It was haunting, excellent, and unlike most war movies, it really made war look bad. Excellent acting, too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 January 5, 2013

a powerful, gripping, and ultra-violent Vietnam tale has constant swearing, drugs, sex talk, and atrocities

this violent, loud, and powerful war film is one of the best i have ever seen, but is also one of the most violent. it does have steely performances from Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, and Tom Berenger, this Vietnam battle movie is way to explicit and graphic, even for older teens. the violence in this film is mostly bloodless, but is still strong, powerful, and intense. people, including innocent civilians, are shot, blown up, burned, and have limbs blasted off. one innocent boy in smashed in the skull, resulting in spattering blood. there are lots of grisly wounds seen for long periods of time, explosions, and gross bugs and bug wounds. but all that is childs play to what comes next. the disturbing scene where the soldiers destroy a village and attempt to rape and kill a child would have parents and even mature teens looking away. to go long with the films realistic depiction of war is non-stop language, including frequent uses of f**k, s**t, d**k, a*s, c**k, and their derivitives. soldiers also use crass sexual inuendo throughout the film. the soldiers also smoke and drink as much as they swear.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

BEST WAR MOVIE EVER!!!!!

I loved this movie but the language and drugs and violence is pretty bad the characters smoke joint and tons bodies blow up and about 150 f words but a mature kid that can stand All the bad stuff will LOVE. This movie I love learning about the Vietnam war it is my favorite war to study about overall great but ronchy movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Great BUT ONLY FOR MATURE AUDiENCES

This movie is very disturbing at some points but is essential because it shows wars true colors away from movies that make war look cool this shows that war is really a living hell
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2013

bad

Teen, 14 years old Written byAndres Ventura October 21, 2012

Platoon Review

This is a powerful story of learning, conflict and war. It shows an inner conflict between Elias, a thoughtful sergeant, and Barnes, a scarred, cruel man. Chris learns that war is an ugly thing, but meets friends and becomes a man along the way. Lots of shooting, stabbing, cruelty,drugs,racism, and implied rape of a little Vietnamese girl. Also a mentally challenged Vietnamese teen is clubbed to death. Aside from these it has a meaningful theme, directed by a Vietnam veteran, and is my favorite war movie.