All member reviews for Playing for Keeps

Ho-hum sports romcom lacks both laughs and chemistry.

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bylisa111 December 9, 2012

awsome movie!

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bylovemykiddos December 10, 2012

Don't waste your money!

In all honesty, I went to see this movie because I love Gerard Butler. However, the movie deals with a divorced family who actually ends up (SPOILER) getting back together. I don't believe it was a movie made for kids. There were huge, beautiful homes, fancy cars, money being tossed around like no tomorrow. The father/coach in the movie (Gerard Butler) has soccer moms throwing themselves at him, and perhaps the worst part was that infidelity seemed almost "ok". One of the married mothers shows up on his bed wearing a bra and panties. I was more shocked to find out that my kids saw the movie the day before I did with their dad (although he knows my daughter loves soccer and probably thought it'd be a good soccer movie). Neither of my kids, ages 13 and 10, enjoyed the movie. Both thought it was inappropriate, in fact my 13 year old boy actually said he thought it should have been rated R.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2013

Ok...

I saw this movie with my mum in the cinema when it came out. We were going to see Pitch Perfect but there was a problem with the projector, so we decided to see Playing for Keeps instead. It was okay, but it wasn't very realistic. There is some language and there isn'tsex but there are women just wearing their underwear so i was only 10 and i saw that, it was alright but instead of being rated a 12A like it is in the cinema, I think it should have been rated a 15A. also the guy's ex-wife says 's*** s*** s*** s*** s***' repeatedly very clearly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaWalker66 July 21, 2013

Review

Parent Written byblahtomotoesblah August 29, 2013

Not for keeps

This movie is a nonsensical, non-family oriented piece of trash that belongs in the garbage can. It has nothing to do with soccer but more to do with nasty adulterous males and females who are desperate for anything except a good family life
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

Playing for Keeps is definately not about soccer

First of all this movie was predictable and very inappropriate. I thought this movie was about soccer, definitely not. There are three implied sex scenes and the whole movie is about the moms on the soccer teams trying to "do it" with George Dryer. It also talks about affairs and other relationship problems. This movie was definitely an adult movie. It would not interest kids at all!