All member reviews for Pokemon: The First Movie

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

THE MOVIE WAS GOOD BUT DIDNT HAVE A VERY GOOD STORY LINE. COMPARED TO THE OTHER POKEMON MOVIES THIS IS THE WORST.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 3, 2014

Violent battles advocated by great messages.

A lot of intense (but bloodless) battle scenes, involving storms, explosions, and head-on duels. Perhaps the most disturbing point is when the bad guy, Mewtwo, forces all the Pokemon to fight their clones to the death. Personally I thought it was pretty emotional once Pikachu's clone stepped in at the last minute and repeatedly punched Pikachu's face, bruising him. However, it adds up to positive messages like friendship, sacrifice, and why fighting is wrong. Not recommended for the youngest kids. P.S. Speaking for everyone who disagrees with the "official review," just remember that it's only one person's opinion--a single staff--and you might as well consider that more people here than less disagree that Pokemon is a 1-star, bloody, hopeless marketing tool. Almost everyone here agrees that Pokemon is for kids. That said, neither is my opinion about the film the only one to consider, or my opinion about following media I've reviewed.
Kid, 8 years old May 20, 2014

pretty good

ash dies but he comes back to life, wich I don't think a under-5-year old could handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPokemonGirl April 14, 2013

AWESOME! nuff said

hi im 14,soon 15,years old and i thaught IT WAS AWESOME. NUFF SAID. WHEN PIKACHU CRIED I CRIED AND YOU WILL CRY. BEST MOVIE EVER. and with a happy ending i dont think the violence is by any way harmfull its just a cartoon. AWESOME CARTOON! I LOVE IT AND YOU SHOULD WATCH IT NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byarina96 August 18, 2011

Perfect for Children

I absolutely LOVE this movie! The message is clear and heartfelt and can teach kids a valuable lesson. Pokemon is no more violent than any of the other cartoons out there and any kind of "violence" doesn't even cause injury to any of those who it is inflicted on. For whoever says it's "excruciating to endure" bear in mind that this movie is NOT targeted at adults therefore you are not intended to enjoy it. This is a CHILDREN'S movie and is meant to entertain CHILDREN. Children will love this movie along with the entire Pokemon franchise.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

its great

i think this is appropriate for all ages. i have loved pokemon for a long time and i havent seen it in a while but it is great for kids. this is a great movie.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Pokemon

Never trust CSM wit their ratings! When it says: "child dead" it no meen that! It only when Ash turns into stone (sad) and the Pokemon cry and ASh is alive again! Happy Ending! Yay! Anyway, quite a funny movie with Team Rocket making mistakes and with Mew saying: "Mew.." (cute!) and one thing, Togepi didn't get cloned! (Watch the movie)