Kid reviews for Poltergeist (2015)

Ghostly remake is scary but not as good as the original.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBishBryant February 15, 2016

Speechless

I watched this movie with my family, since basically watching horror films is a tradition. We've seen great ones and some not so great. But this one, this just tops for the worst. What this insult of a remake does is take the key parts of the original movie and tames it down by trying to give it a fresh new twist, but it just doesn't work. The whole movie just feels awkward and off balance. The movie actually started off good, until the actually had to put in the effort of making a horror movie. This movie just bombed. I ended up being the only one watching the movie. Thats how bad it was.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBB2233 June 4, 2015

A cash grab

The poltergeist remake is a Hollywood cash grab. Plain and simple. There was no reason to remake this movie. They did little change to the movie, however I really enjoyed the changes that they made. For example the boy in this movie has a bigger role than the one in the original. Another change that I enjoyed was seeing inside the portal that took Maddie. The acting in this movie was quite good, especially the parents acting. There are also some pretty good scares as well! Things I had trouble during this movie was barely any change, and the reason of making this movie. The original poltergeist was successful. There was no point in remaking it except for money. The poltergeist remake is a passable movie, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJam303 February 1, 2019

Best film ever!

I really liked it.better than the original

Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2018

Depends on your child.

If your child is mature enough it should be okay. There is one scene to fast forward through, though. As for violence, it is more creepy than violent. Language wise, there is like 5 or 6 s**t, 3 or 4 a** and that's it. Worth watching, but don't expect an oscar nominated movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycamwall12 October 20, 2018

Suspenseful

It did not have a lot of violence. I noticed some language but it wasn’t the worst. It just mostly had suspense and jump scares. It wasn’t a bad show.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2018

It’s a boring movie it seemed like a horror comedy to me

Watch it wants good for teens and tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm3284 November 17, 2017

Better than I had expected! Not very scary!

Overall this movie was good, but not very scary. Common Sense say's that there are tons of jump scares/shots, but there were only three or four. This might scare the little's, as this movie centers around a Poltergeist with angry spirits possessing trees, toys, lights, televisions, drills and their portal is a closet itself. There are a couple of gross out moments when black stuff with earthworms in it oozes out of a characters mouth, eyes, and nose. This is more of a thriller/suspense than horror. The original (even though it is rated PG) is scarier.
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2017

Not That Bad

I thought this movie was great! Not as good as the original, though. And don't be fooled by the trailers. This film isn't really that scary. If you've watched The Others, then you're definitely fine with this. WARNING! This movie contains loud noises, evil monster trees, zombies, demons that possess people, and a toy clown that attacks one of the kids. I don't think this film is for viewers under nine years old.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe Treska's candy April 18, 2017
Teen, 15 years old Written byKathy joe and Chloe April 3, 2017

Ok for a 12+

Good ghosts movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe Lynn treska March 25, 2017

Ok for a 12+

Good movie like the old one
Teen, 13 years old Written byFooMan February 15, 2017

A Great First Horror Movie!

Poltergeist is a mildly scary movie and a great first horror movie. Although there is a VERY creepy looking clown on the front cover it looks nothing like the one in the movie which appeared in the movie for about a minute. An 'almost' sex scene which is interrupted by a scream. And one s**t which is used by a 6 year old.
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2017

Amazing supernatural thriller

I just saw this movie last night and it was so good but had some jump scares I don't suggest this for anyone under 10 years old they would probably think it is too scary my rating for this is probably pg 13 for intense violence and horror images and some language

Teen, 13 years old Written byBrianJohnson June 24, 2016

Not scary

It's awesome, the only scary part is the clown part
Kid, 9 years old June 20, 2016

Good Movie

It has very scary bits but not to violent.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv June 10, 2016

Blah movie

Some of the scenes were scary, but honestly it got old pretty quick... the group of friends I went with thought it was terrifying...-ly boring. There are way better horror movies out there, this one isn't worth the watch.
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2016

Its fine, nothing to worry about.

I watched this with my friends and sure it was scary at some parts but it wasn't really terrifying. Depends on the level of maturity your child is. Its not an overly s ary movie, and definitely not as good as the first one but its still quite a good movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2016

Not for little children

This movie is not for kids

Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan April 7, 2016

Scary and tense

This movie isn't as scary as other pg-13 horror movies, but it is pretty close to it. This movie is more psychological and has jump-scares. Expect tense, creepy music and scary scenes. Some language, including the b-word, s-word and a-word. A sexually suggestive scene, but doesn't turn into one. Some violence. If you are afraid of clowns, DON'T WATCH THIS. In one dark jump-scare scene, a girl turns around and has a demonic face. This scene is terrifying and will make your heart pound. MY RATING: Rated pg-13 for intense frightening content and terror throughout, some violence, language and some suggestive content. Also there is some drinking, which turns into a scene of horror.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydrew_human January 2, 2016

I saw it today

I saw it today and I really like it. I think it isn't scary but it may be frightnening for younger kids. That's what I think. :)