All member reviews for Poltergeist

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 17, 2011

second to best horror movie ever, frst is insidious and paranormal activity

this movie touches on many things that are frightening to kids (and some adults), including scary shadows in the dark, monsters in the closet, and separation from family. A character rips the flesh from his face (though eventually we see he's hallucinating). A young boy is attacked by a ghost-inhabited tree. A girl is taken from her parents and held in a netherworld where she's menaced by a character it's intimated is evil. The parents are seen smoking marijuana, and are apparently regular users.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

Ok

People say this is "scary" but in my opinion, not at all. sure maybe for younger kids, but to tell u the truth, it really isnt. most special affects r cheesy, but i hav 2 say its an inbetween ok & pretty good movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2010

ok movie but brillent acting by Heather

This movie was ok but not really all that scary im not sure y common sense gave this 5 stars. But Heather o' Rorke definetly deserved 5 stars for her brilient acting. Heather is the girl on the cover she was born in 1975 and died in 1988 when she was 12 due to her intestintes exploding and being very sick. The movie was ok overall especailly for the time it was made in. And again great acting heather! We all miss u!
Kid, 8 years old April 19, 2015

AWESOME!!!!!! horror movie is a little scary but not horrifying

This movie is about a family that lives in a haunted house. One night a huge storm comes and a ghost sucks their daughter into a TV. The movie is all about getting their daughter back. This AWESOME!!!!!!!!! horror movie is flawless. Everything makes it awesome, the suspense, the action, and the excitement. If you like haunted house movies and other horror movies you will love Poltergeist. Even though this movie is PG, it should definitely be PG-13. There is a lot of horror/terror violence. Sometimes it can get a bit scary, there are several jump shocks, but not much blood. There is one gory scene where a man rips off skin from his face, and lots of blood shown, btw its also fake. Also this movie contains lots of things kids are scared of like. ghosts, dark shadows, monsters and more.This movie is really fun and exciting. I normally like scary movies, and this is the best movie I have ever seen. There is no positive messages or positive role models. Still its a amazing movie. This movie was a little iffy for kids my age, but I was not so so so scared. There is also a bit of swearing but not many strong words. My rating PG-13 for: intense sequences of horror/terror violence frightening content including bloody/gory images. This movie is once again amazing and flawless. GO SEE THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byarchermatt98 November 16, 2009

A great movie!!!

This is a great movie. The only scary part is with the clown. I was 10 when I saw it, and was only scared for one night.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010

O.K. for tweens

not really violent, just scary, really scary, alright I'm a wimp
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2015

A Classic Horror Movie Everyone Should Watch... Eventually.

This movie is one of the few scary movies I truly enjoyed.Though its scary,there are some positive messages of staying together as a family.Its a little too violent in some scenes.The scariest part in the movie for me was when the guy rips his skin and muscle of his face.Other than that, this is an exceptional scary movie!I HIGHLY recommend this classic 80's horror movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2015

15A

Contains intense bloody horror and strong psychological violence.
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Poltergeist 101

My mom said I couldn't watch this because of violence/creepy stuff. I am pretty much allowed to watch anything violent, but she put her foot down for this one, so it must have some pretty bad stuff in it!
Teen, 16 years old Written by*mustachio* October 9, 2011

great movie

the poltergeist is realllllyyyy good i saw it when i was 11 and it did not scare me but i don't get scared easily. some thing ppl should know is it doesnt have what kids might think is a "happy ending" in fact the ending is probably the scariest cuz theres all these zombies and dead bodies suddenly appear. the sad parts are how all the kids need help but the parents can only attend to one. both parents smoke. the clowns are super creepy. and yes if you have a little kid and you let them watch this theey will most likely have fears about "whats under their bed" and "in their closet". a man rips of the flesh from his face but everything is so 80's to kids raised in the 2000's probably they won't get scared too easily. but could it scare younger kids? yes. could it scare older kids? probably not.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2011

teens

its for kids but i think its best put out for teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 August 23, 2010

COMEDY V.S HORROR

this movie isnt scary or good..... it's a joke a comedy mostly and a pritty bad one at that!!! Like in one of the last the girls standing outside the car screaming what happeing?1 and everyone else is just saying just get in the car! but she just kept screaming whats happening?! That made me laugh really hard and as i was laughing i was thinking why dont you just shut up and get in the car. Also in another scene and woman screams and goes flying up in the air revealing her undewear! and that scene was supposed to be scary? give me a break. This makes a pritty bad comedy and a horrible horror movie...
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew May 10, 2015

Violent haunted house movie is great for teens scary for kids

My rating: PG-13 for violence,language,sexual material,terror,bloody images and drug use
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2015

Creepy movie, one minor startling scene, no real scream scenes

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2015

Entertaining Mild Horror Film

I enjoyed this film. And yes, I love Steven Speilberg's work. BUT PARENTS must note that there is near- constant peril and horror. This mvoie is filled with intense moments and scary sequences. I must say though they weren't as scary as other horror films, but is sure to leave a chill down a young child (10 and under)'s back. I do think this a classic film with great fx for it's time. In my country (Australia) this film is rated M. In other countries I'm pretty sure its' PG. I understand why that is. It isn't too scary but will frighten very young children. In my country it's M for Moderate Horror Themes. I would have given it an M or (PG-13) as most PG (horror films) don't reach this benchmark (ripping of faces, scary clowns). Here's mine: M: Horror themes and peril? But yes, this was a great film. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. you won't regret it. :)
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2015

It is fine for your child

I watched this when I was seven. A bit druggy, but that is all
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2015

Poltergeist

This movie is a classic that has become one of the most widely-known horror films ever. It was rated PG in a time where there was no such thing as a PG-13 movie. Don’t let that fool you. While there is not much gore per se, not Tarantino level at all, the suspense builds up and it gets pretty intense. Brief gore includes a man ripping his face off, and other violence includes things like zombies attacking a family, and the scariest, most nightmare-inducing monster that ever came out of a closet. But this movie is an amazing triumph and has pioneered the way for many scare-fests to come. Unlike some modern horror movies, the acting is amazing, Steven Spielberg masterfully directs the movie, and the parent’s never failing determination to find their kid is touching and sweet. Tweens and teens, enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyoulouz26 October 28, 2014

Great movie

Amazing movie, with mild violence, and a couple jumpscares.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

What a Stupid Horror Movie

Well, frankly, I didn't want to watch the movie, but, my mom insisted, BORING!!!!!!! Don't even bother, watch SAW, Halloween, or the Exorcist, STUPID!!!! Get on my level, yea, get into the thrillers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamina_m546 August 22, 2014

......

the movie was somewhat boring i skipped most of the movie