All member reviews for Poltergeist

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 17, 2011

second to best horror movie ever, frst is insidious and paranormal activity

this movie touches on many things that are frightening to kids (and some adults), including scary shadows in the dark, monsters in the closet, and separation from family. A character rips the flesh from his face (though eventually we see he's hallucinating). A young boy is attacked by a ghost-inhabited tree. A girl is taken from her parents and held in a netherworld where she's menaced by a character it's intimated is evil. The parents are seen smoking marijuana, and are apparently regular users.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2010

ok movie but brillent acting by Heather

This movie was ok but not really all that scary im not sure y common sense gave this 5 stars. But Heather o' Rorke definetly deserved 5 stars for her brilient acting. Heather is the girl on the cover she was born in 1975 and died in 1988 when she was 12 due to her intestintes exploding and being very sick. The movie was ok overall especailly for the time it was made in. And again great acting heather! We all miss u!
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

Ok

People say this is "scary" but in my opinion, not at all. sure maybe for younger kids, but to tell u the truth, it really isnt. most special affects r cheesy, but i hav 2 say its an inbetween ok & pretty good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake June 3, 2011

I wouldn't watch it again

Okay I thought this movie was going to be good but when I saw it I was really dissapointed. The graphics were silly and there was nothing scary about this movie. The only part that was memorable was when the man tears the flesh off of his face.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypg13rnc17 April 18, 2011

good

awsome movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 January 15, 2009

Spectacular haunted house movie is not for the faint of heart

First thing.... I LOVE STEVEN SPIELBERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fantastic movie about a simple haunted house, i won't try to explain the plot because it's too complicated, but it dose have some issues: 1. little actual violince, scary ghosts and skeletons, a man rips his own face of but if you could handle the face melting scene at the end of raiders of the lost ark, you should be ok. 2. mild language incluing Bas--rd, D--n, one use of "the finger". 3. the mom briefly smokes marjuina. So this is an awsome haunted house movie for teens 13 and up......if you think your brave enough.....MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Love it or Hate it

Well the movie is good but see if you do not like scary movies then do not watch it. I love horror films so I loved it. My only concern is the smoking and drinking.

Why 13?

im 11 and i watched it heck you could be 9 and not get scared the effects were like those of ghost busters still a great movie watch it late at night though that's when it is funnest to watch
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2011

teens

its for kids but i think its best put out for teens
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense horror sequences throughout, some violence, disturbing images, language, and drug use.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhhd77 May 9, 2011

Perfect For All Ages

Watch!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byarchermatt98 November 16, 2009

A great movie!!!

This is a great movie. The only scary part is with the clown. I was 10 when I saw it, and was only scared for one night.
Teen, 17 years old Written byuncle joe December 4, 2011

The clown

This was an awesome movie. i loved it. i was 10 when i watched it. it was violent when the guy started ripping his face off, and the clown still gives me nightmares, but i loved it.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010

O.K. for tweens

not really violent, just scary, really scary, alright I'm a wimp
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

F+ movie

nothing bad but bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 August 23, 2010

COMEDY V.S HORROR

this movie isnt scary or good..... it's a joke a comedy mostly and a pritty bad one at that!!! Like in one of the last the girls standing outside the car screaming what happeing?1 and everyone else is just saying just get in the car! but she just kept screaming whats happening?! That made me laugh really hard and as i was laughing i was thinking why dont you just shut up and get in the car. Also in another scene and woman screams and goes flying up in the air revealing her undewear! and that scene was supposed to be scary? give me a break. This makes a pritty bad comedy and a horrible horror movie...
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Poltergeist 101

My mom said I couldn't watch this because of violence/creepy stuff. I am pretty much allowed to watch anything violent, but she put her foot down for this one, so it must have some pretty bad stuff in it!
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2011

SCARY

Teen, 17 years old Written byyobro November 17, 2012

if you are looking for movies

it was not that scary but it was pretty good. if you are looking for scary ghost movies with no violence and is not that scary this one is for you. if you are looking for a ghost movie without violence but scary look for insidious that is kinda creepy. if you are looking for a scary movie with little violence but really scary try psycho. if you are looking for this it does not have many scares and it does not have any violence. watch Bram Stokers Dracula if you want some scares some violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

The best movie next to the Exorcist

this is my favorite movie next to "The Exorcist'.Classic Tobe Hooper film. I saw this when i was 11 at night, and during the movie it wasn't too scary, but you might have a phobia of: Dolls, Clowns, Closets, and TVs.