All teen and kid member reviews for Poltergeist

Teen, 13 years old Written bypg13rnc17 April 18, 2011

good

awsome movie
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Love it or Hate it

Well the movie is good but see if you do not like scary movies then do not watch it. I love horror films so I loved it. My only concern is the smoking and drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkyyy29 April 3, 2011

It's really not scarry.....

Well i watched it with three other people, and two of them fell asleep. (one of them was 12 years old) the special effects are pretty bad compared to the ones today, so it all looks veryy fake! and they don't even show that much blood in it, and when they do it doesn't even look like blood, it looks like jello. The only creepy part about it was that there is a clown doll and i really hate clowns and it was a very very very creepy doll! but it's only in a couple parts. And i also thought it was very odd how when they discovered the spirits the mom was excited about it!! I would be freaking out!! Also once everything is settled THEY GO BACK AND SLEEP IN THE SAME HOUSE! i found that exremly dumb, i would never step foot in that house after that happened to me!
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

In the middle of adult and kid age groups

This movie was great. In the beginning it's very child-friendly, but towards the end it gets really frightening. There are skulls in the pool, skulls in the closet, skulls by the front door, and monsters that try and kill the kids during the ending part.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 14, 2011

Good thriller, can give you the chills at times

My MPAA Rating PG-13: horror sequences throughout, disturbing images, some violence, drug use
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

AWESOME for a first-ever horror movie!!!

I saw this movie last year (when I was 10) and I was hardly scared by it at all! All my life I had been so eager to see a horror movie and finally when our family friends were over at my house our parents gave in to letting us watch one. Now for our first horror movie our parents weren't gonna let us watch "The Exorcist" so we rented this. So now for the review: This movie is a great way to introduce horror movies to pre teens who according to them must watch a horror movie. This movie won't leave your tween "scarred for life" but it's also not disney's idea of a scary movie for kids (which is some sort of cheese-ball hocus pocus type junk). All the effects in the movie are quite outdated so the "ripping off face seen" was actually pretty funny (same with all the other gore scenes). But even though the effects are cheesy the movie still has an eerie vibe to it but not so much that you won't be able 2 sleep or anything like that! Just to tell you guys the scariest part for me was the whole scene where the clown (I can't stand clowns)! Oh and also there is a part where the parents smoke pot but I wouldn't really worry about that. Overall, it's pretty good!
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2011

Not bad

I saw this when I was 8 and though nothing of it... You all just need to grow up... It isn't HORRIFYING of even that scary. It's fun to watch and you get a little scared but it's fun scare...
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense horror sequences throughout, some violence, disturbing images, language, and drug use.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Great Adult Movie, Scary for Teens, Not for kids or tweens

As a tween this movie gave me enough creeps. Children under 12 should NOT watch this at all. Only daredevil brave and mature 12-13 year olds should watch this. If youre over 14 as long as youre not a coward you should be okay with the violent content. The only positive idea is that you learn that all because your child is missing doesnt mean that they're killed.
Written byAnonymous February 10, 2011

watch it with children 10-12 or children who are scared easliy

i saw it when i was 10 and i was fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byfeather moon February 5, 2011

Perfect for early teens who want to see a horror without adult content.

This movie was brilliant. Like it said above it shows just how far a parent will go to save their children. It shows the love of family, unlike more recent films. There were a few scenes that weren't fit for younger kids. There was one where a tree nearly eats the child, and another where the guy rips his face off (though clearly fake), and it's only a hallucination as well. There is a couple with a meat, and just wierd chunks of bloody flesh spew out. But it's not all that horrifying till the end. That's when it gets nightmare worthy for younger kids. So don't let your kid younger than 10 watch this, is my recommendation. But other than that the movie is amazing. It's completely original and different.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMatthewAbate January 24, 2011

A perfect scary movie!

I once saw this movie with Meowica women, and after the movie she went to bed. After she turned off the lights, she turned the light on again to see if any clowns were about to jump on her. Then she looked out the window and she saw GRASS. She screamed like a lady, because she is a lady, and turned around. Then she opened the door and ran to the phone. Then she called the police to come investigate her house for Clowns. Then after he hung up the phone he went to his toy bin, and he saw a clown. He then turned on the fire and threw the clown into the fire. After that, the clown jumped out and she died. THE END.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

Turkey Geist? Oh boy! I'm goint to review one of my favorite dishes! Wait, what do you mean it's a movie?!?

Well, this is one let down of a movie. No turkey at all. Just joking! This is a pretty good plot for a movie in the horror genre, but I think it's mostly know for the footprint it made in the business of horror movies. There are several spoofs and knock offs. For this, I have to say, this movie has become a part of history. If your kid can handle some minor scares, he or she should see it. But, to be on the safe side, watch the movie before letting your kids. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 28, 2010

Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2010

17+ ONLY

hate it. too many sexual references/sex scenes. :/
Teen, 14 years old Written byjami2580 September 19, 2010

awesome for kids 11 and up

it is a verry good movie to watch with your child or have your child and there friends watch it on halloween
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2010

be careful coz PG just don't cut it for some things!

Amazing movie but with drugs involved it's important that your kid actually knows what's going on. One gory scene which you should probably cover a young child's face for was pretty yucky. But great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process September 5, 2010

Why can't they change it to PG-13?

This movie was made before PG-13 existed, and they gave it R because it was too bad for PG, and then they changed it because it wasn't bad enough for R. Then, in the late 1980s, PG-13 was invented. Why don't they just change it to that?
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2010

Boon's rating

This was one of the first horror movies i have ever seen. there is mild swearing but not the F-word or anything. also, the only actual violent part is when the guy eats the maggot steak, and rips his face off, but parents can just skip that part. the rest is just suspenseful. still, freaky.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySykeCity August 3, 2010

Good for young teens

It's a good movie if you're into horror, but anyone under 11 will probably regret watching it. If you're easily scared, then I wouldn't recommend it, because you WILL be sitting up in bed at night thinking you hear whispers. Common Sense left out a few parts, like when all these demented corpses rise up out of the ground, and when giant devilish ghosts pop out from doors. Over all, It's a good plot with a satisfying end.