All member reviews for Poltergeist

One of the all-time great haunted house movies.

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2015

Creepy movie, one minor startling scene, no real scream scenes

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2015

Entertaining Mild Horror Film

I enjoyed this film. And yes, I love Steven Speilberg's work. BUT PARENTS must note that there is near- constant peril and horror. This mvoie is filled with intense moments and scary sequences. I must say though they weren't as scary as other horror films, but is sure to leave a chill down a young child (10 and under)'s back. I do think this a classic film with great fx for it's time. In my country (Australia) this film is rated M. In other countries I'm pretty sure its' PG. I understand why that is. It isn't too scary but will frighten very young children. In my country it's M for Moderate Horror Themes. I would have given it an M or (PG-13) as most PG (horror films) don't reach this benchmark (ripping of faces, scary clowns). Here's mine: M: Horror themes and peril? But yes, this was a great film. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. you won't regret it. :)
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2015

This movie is a classic that has become one of the most widely-known horror films ever. It was rated PG in a time where there was no such thing as a PG-13 movie. Don’t let that fool you. While there is not much gore per se, not Tarantino level at all, the suspense builds up and it gets pretty intense. Brief gore includes a man ripping his face off, and other violence includes things like zombies attacking a family, and the scariest, most nightmare-inducing monster that ever came out of a closet. But this movie is an amazing triumph and has pioneered the way for many scare-fests to come. Unlike some modern horror movies, the acting is amazing, Steven Spielberg masterfully directs the movie, and the parent’s never failing determination to find their kid is touching and sweet. Tweens and teens, enjoy.
Parent Written byryans3 January 1, 2015

Not scary.

I thought this movie would be scary when it was released. Everybody (even my friends) said this movie was scary. That was when I wanted to watch it. I watched the full movie and the only "scary" part was when a man tore his own face off. Disappointed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyoulouz26 October 28, 2014

Great movie

Amazing movie, with mild violence, and a couple jumpscares.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

What a Stupid Horror Movie

Well, frankly, I didn't want to watch the movie, but, my mom insisted, BORING!!!!!!! Don't even bother, watch SAW, Halloween, or the Exorcist, STUPID!!!! Get on my level, yea, get into the thrillers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamina_m546 August 22, 2014

the movie was somewhat boring i skipped most of the movie
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2014

Great Horror movie!

Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2014

It Sticks In Your Head

Even if the movie isn't that scary itself, the concepts really stick in your head.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2014

It has really awesome graphics and an incredible plot line, and though the special effects aren't all they are today, they're amazing for their time. I also think that sure there's a very small amount of suggestive stuff such as smoking and drinking, but if you're young you probably wouldn't really register it or mark it as important, so why bother restricting until you're like, 13 what you watch? It's not like you really would do anything stupid with stuff like that until you're a teen. I think that it's a great movie even if you're young, though you might not fully get the plot line until you're older.
Kid, 7 years old June 15, 2014

Funny & Scary

This film is a little bit scary but also has a lot of funny parts. The little girl is sweet and I liked her character. Probably more for kids around 9 and up, but other than some curse words and a couple of intense scenes, I really enjoyed this movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2014

A must watch if you like supernatural horrors. The gory part is where the guy rips his flesh from his face but thats about it, unless you count ectoplasm-ish substances as gore. Very good movie! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bycgrace304 March 23, 2014

This movie is a classic and its pretty scary but i was 9 or 10 when i watched it with my friends and family and we were all fine afterwards.
Parent Written byPredatorman March 21, 2014

don't watch this if it's late at night and your the only one home/awake, or if you have a fear of clown's
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 23, 2014

Poltergeist 1982

This film is so underrated and is a chilling, horrifying yet original classic film appropriate from 13+. Heather O'Rourke died age 12, she played Carol Anne Freeling. A great child actress that was taken too early, Dominique Dunne (Dana Freeling) also died shortly after the film as she was choked to death by her bad tempered ex. JoBeth Williams had an accessional performance and stole the show. A great film, would recommend to anyone. I loved it.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlink41 February 2, 2014

Great but disappointing if you're looking for something scary.

The movie was superb but not at all scary. The lack of sexual content and language, combined with the fact that it's more of a thriller than a scary movie, makes it just fine for kids. The jump scares might frighten some younger kids so it's important to know your child. It's worth the watch but know that you won't be scared.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2014

great film but not scary

i dunno but i never thought it was that scary.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2013

not scary at all

I was so disappointed. I didn't think it would be that scary but I was expecting a little scarier but all their was was a little action and one part that gave me a little bit of a scare witch was the clown that jumped on the bed even when the guy tears his face apart was not scary. Steven spielberg was great at directing this movie and that is the only reason why I gave this 3 stars.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013