All member reviews for Pooh's Heffalump Movie

Gentle story of friendship is fine for wee ones.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygulia October 21, 2011

love kids movi

Parent Written bygeorgiamonk September 4, 2011

My 2 year old liked this

Teen, 15 years old Written bypiegus May 21, 2011

Not so bad, not so good

I remember watching it few years ago and today I was surfing the web and came across it on www.kidsmovieland.com and watch itt again. I have to say that it made bigger impassion the first time. I'm a big fan of Pooh and think this one is OK, would surly change the music!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byriotbrrd December 9, 2010

so-so

Sappy and the music is bad. But otherwise inoffensive.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 1, 2010

Sad :(

Soo sad. I remember seeing this when I was like 7 and I cried.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byterri33inne July 8, 2010

A favorite in our house!!

We love, love, love this movie in our house... it was actually the 1st movie I'd let my daughter watch at about 1 year, and now at almost 3 it's still a favorite. It's a very sweet story of friendship, and learning about others who on the outside appear different from us.... There are some very mild moments of peril that may be upsetting. The music & characters are just so endearing!!
Adult Written bynduns May 17, 2010

The one Pooh movie I wouldn't fully recommend for Pooh fans

As you can tell by the score, I did like this one, but that's just because the Pooh fanboy in me tells me I should. Compared to the other Pooh movies, this one didn't feel quite as good. Pooh's Grand Adventure was great, giving us an epic and heartwarming story. Pooh fans might be turned off by the dark elements added to it, but I'd still recommend it. The Tigger Movie is a lot of fun. May not have had the strongest story, but then again, who expects big epic storylines from Pooh? Piglette's Big Movie... almost lost my interest simply due to it stretching out its story a little too much, despite how weak said story was. However... this one was just okay. It was fun seeing our favorite characters on the big screen and for once, a movie was all about a Heffalump, but that's about it. The story felt the weakest of all Pooh movies and really didn't feel like it was going anywhere. Needless to say, the hour-long time slot was a good thing. Wouldn't give it a full recommendation, but if you want something Pooh-related to rent, go ahead.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 28, 2010

A charming and delightful walk through the Hundred Acres Woods for young children.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2009

good movie for pre-k.

The movie is ok and is good for per-k. No bog cocerns just very small cocern about very brief peril.
Adult Written bytridgeman April 9, 2008

A good first movie

This was a good first movie for my 4 year old daughter. She really enjoyed seeing Pooh and his friends on the big screen. The part when Lumpy and Roo are lost from their mommies was a bit anxiety-provoking for her, and led us to a discussion about staying with mom. The 60 minute length was just perfect. Animation, voices, and soundtrack were enjoyable.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bylibrarian4little1s April 9, 2008

Engaging, good-natured story featuring old friends and new

I liked just about everything about this movie, and so did my 5-year-old son. It features all the gang from the Hundred Acre Woods that we know and love so well, and introduces some new ones, who are equally lovable. It has a nice message about prejudice and fearing those who appear different from you. The charming Carly Simon music is a treat. Lots of fun and so appropriate for young children: not too long, just a bit over an hour, and absolutely no violence or other objectionable content. Relax and enjoy with your child!
Adult Written bytrhodes April 9, 2008

I thought this was a wonderful movie for my children (almost 2 and 4). Although my 23 month old was a bit restless, my 4 year was glued to the screen the entire time. She wants to go back. For once it was a movie that I could totally relax with and not worry about any scarey situations etc. There was absolutly nothing in this movie that wasn't just kind and heartwarming. We just loved the voice of Lumpy and Carly Simon's music.
Adult Written bymamma2jpc April 9, 2008

Adult Written byakh66102 April 9, 2008

A sweet movie!

This is the forst movie I took my daughter to see in a theater. She is 4 and she was riveted the entire time. I even rather enjoyed myself. It was a good movie about friendship.
Adult Written byscreenit April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymwulf April 9, 2008

Not up to Standard

My 4 yearold loves Pooh and has all the other pooh movies but this one didn't hold her interest and I was rather bored myself
Adult Written byBrenJG April 9, 2008

Wonderful

We saw it twice at the theater and now have the DVD. My 3 yr old son loves it. The music is the best. Just a lovely children's moves. There should be more like this.
Adult Written byktmeans April 9, 2008

Sweet and simple

Adult Written bycfalkie April 9, 2008

PHFFFFT!!!

My kids LOVE this movie. My 4 year old finds Lumpy absolutely fascinating, and my 2 year old is trying hard to find her "call." It has some great messages about friendship and prejudice, and the kids will want to watch over and over.
Adult Written byjeanine554 April 9, 2008

Too frightening!

I took my 4-year-old daughter to this movie (her first movie) thinking a Pooh movie would be appropriate. But the Heffalump and his mother are separated from each other (similar to the way Dumbo and his mother are separated in that movie) and cannot get back together. My daugher was horrified, and cried and cried. She said, "This is the saddest movie I have ever seen. I want to go home NOW!" Even after she saw the entire movie and the reconciliation between mother and child, she was hardly mollified. She still thinks it is the "worst movie" she has ever seen, and never wants to see another movie like it.