All member reviews for Predators (2010)

Alien-fighting sequel is heavy on sci-fi violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 15+

What to watch out for * Messages: Ultimately, the movie's story brings together the worst of humanity and puts them in a violent hunting situation. Even though it also addresses the question of what it means to be "alive" versus what it means to be "human," even that issue is muddled -- It's possible for the characters to stay alive by doing terrible things, so where do you draw the line? That said, some of the characters do learn to survive by relying on one another, working together, and empathizing with one another. * Role models: None of the characters here are clear-cut positive role models -- they're painted as the worst of humanity. But Isabelle does help bring the stranded humans together, bridging relationships between the other characters. She also shows more empathy than her colleagues, but doesn't let it become a weakness; she's as tough as any of them. * Violence: Basically one long battle, the movie is heavy on fantasy violence, with lots of guns and ammo, ranging from pistols to huge, rapid-fire automatic weapons. Some characters also carry and use knives. Characters are shot, with spattering blood. The predators are beheaded, with lots of (green) blood and gore. Alien "dogs" are shot and killed. Scary moments include things jumping out from the shadows. One male character talks about raping women. * Sex: A little bit of flirting between two characters. Another character makes a comment about a woman's anatomy ("your ass is awesome"). * Language: "F--k" is used around three dozen times, in several permutations. "S--t" is used less often but also several times. Other words include "God" (as an exclamation), "a-s," "t-ts," "d--n," "h--l," "godd--n," and "bi-ch." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: No onscreen drugs, but one character talks about how he wants to "do so much cocaine" when he gets home.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydude12345 October 11, 2010

PREDATORS

This was a really good movie, but was VERY heavy on violence. You see a man's spine ripped out of his body, and later a close-up of his bloody spine and skull. Viewers will also see a man with his ribcage burst open, with all his guts showing, although he was killed 2 weeks before the events of the movie. There is a fair amount of cursing with lots of F-words. Now onto the actual movie. It had a very solid story and was the "true" Predator sequel we've been waiting for.It is about the Predators kidnapping the humans and dropping them onto the planet to hunt. Lawrence Fishburne did a very good performance as a crazy scavenger. ITS GUD
Adult Written byDerrickC81 July 9, 2010

B+

I had low expectations going in. Came out satisfied.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 December 28, 2014

Sci-Fi Action Adventure for Teens and Adults

The predator series has always been about horror, until now. With each film seemingly getting less scary (not that I've seen them) we get Predators. I didn't want it to be scary, and I was lucky. This amazing film asks what would happen if you got two soldiers, two mercenaries, three criminals and a doctor and through them into a forest with three aliens. Its amazing. As CSM says, there is a bit of violence, tonnes of swearing, and some references to drugs and sex, but teens should be fine with it (they've heard it all before). Its a tale of teamwork, but also of survival and betrayal. Can't wait to see the original!
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 26, 2012

cool

cool
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 20, 2012

the first two were better

the first two predator movies were a lot better, predator 2 is the best one
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier August 9, 2012

Good movie but...

Good movie but lots of GORE like all predater movies
Adult Written byCyraxPredator November 7, 2011

very good

Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2011

fun but violent

not horrible but still pretty bloody some scenes show people being popped and horrible wounds but this is all very stylized keeping it from being over the top I would say a mature 12 year old could watch this and definitely enjoy it
Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010

It's a Predators movie....don't take your kids!

The movie is fantastic, even better than the original. The acting is great, and for once, there is a strong female lead that is not just eye candy for the men. That being said, yes, it's violent, but what do you expect with a title of "Predators"? Teens and up only.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAnonymousCheese July 29, 2010
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Not as pumped with action like Predator, but it is still tons of fun!

Predators is a good movie, but not quite as good as the 1987 film called Predator! This is the 3rd movie, and it is much like the first film, just with a lower body count, and doesn't have a huge and exciting battle scene like Predator did! But this movie is more like a horror movie than the 1st film, and there is more than one Predator. You may get confused that this is a remake, but it's not, it's a sequel! I recommend this movie, it's a pretty solid sequel, but not as solid as Predator!
Parent Written byYtfucyutyufcctyuti August 8, 2013

Violent

Lots of violence and one man has a tatoo of a naked woman
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

Predators Rocks! but make sure you know what your seeing

WOW! My favorite predator movie by far. But with kids under 10 you might want to record an edited version. On the language: An F-bomb is dropped every 40 seconds for the first half of the movie, lots and lots of language. On the topic of violence. Its like Predator but, well the effects are more real. Let me put the deaths in order 1. Part of a mans face is ripped off (offscreen). 2. A man has several painful looking spears sent through is body. 3. A man is blown into pieces. 4. One is stabbed through the chest though you cant really see it. 5. This is the one that kids should cover there eyes for: A mans spine is ripped out, blood going everywere, and later we get a close up. 6. A man dies of sword wounds (cant really see it.). 7. a man is stabbed once in the chin then in the back, and then blows up Extra: a man falls out of the sky, his parachute dosnt open and we see bones and blood. 9. we see a man with a chest burst open though he was killed at least two weeks prior to the find. And yes we see moldy guts and gross eyes. 10.i hope this helped, didnt mean to spoil, as long as you know of these, you set to see this movie 6.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah March 24, 2012

Review. Do I need anything else?

This is a truly great movie. In my opinion, this is the real sequel to predator. Very violent, but we all expected that. For me, it's the first one that I wasn't sad to see preds die. Except the classic at the end. But back to the point, very bloody, lots of swearing, but ask yourself this: What were you expecting, some non-violent PG movie? The only violence complaint I have is stans death, where his spine got torn out. But, I do have to say one more thing about that one: Certainly one of the 3 most memorable deathes in the predator or (If you count it) avp series. So, yes, violence is an issue though. I just can't think of a good way to end this review, so I'll just do: I'm done now.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 10, 2012

Thrilling action movie

Sci-fi violence and gore fill this thrilling survival action film. Teens could handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Person Guy December 2, 2011

Good but gory

This movie has LOTS of swearing (mostly the F word and S word). Brief talk about r***. Lots of sci-fi violence and gore. A dog-like creature explodes in blood, and another is beheaded. There is a close up of a man's face with skin missing and dripping blood. There is lots of shooting. One or two predators are beheaded (predators bleed bright green blood). A man has a sword fight with a predator. Two predators have a fistfight and beat each other up badly. A man spews out black liquid and blood from his mouth after getting hurt. Skinned humans are seen. One man is vaporized. The goriest part is when a predator rips a man's spine and skull out. It's very bloody, but only shown for a couple seconds (then seen up close later), and it's in dim light. A corpse is shown with his chest open and his organs missing. A lot of the movie is intense, especially one scene where the people are trying to avoid booby traps, and a woman falls in a pit with spikes at the bottom (but she grabs the edge and is pulled out). It's a good movie for 15-16+. Not much more gory than the original. but swearing is over the top. 4/5 stars.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

PREDATOR REVIEW

PREDATOR MOVIES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN COOL IN MY FAMILY.THE MOVIE'S R BECAUSE OF LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE.THERE IS A LOT OF LANGUAGE BUT IF YOUR CHILD IS MATURE ENOUGH HE/SHE COULD SE IT
Teen, 16 years old Written byvan3xpxo September 15, 2011

Awsome movie

It was a great movie.Period. people should watch it. There is plenty of violence,but come on. People are trapped and forced to fight! what did you expect? Awsome movie.