All member reviews for Pride & Prejudice

Gorgeous Jane Austen adaptation has timeless appeal.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylordmax April 9, 2008

Very good cinamatics

hey, im a boy and i liked it. The storyline was well writen and edited, and the cinamatics were amazing. (i saw it one time my mom watched it. she loves it. also , 3 stars is harsh)
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

fine. Just some kissing and sexual tension

This film is excellent! No sex scenes and I don't remember any violence. Just a heated argument between a woman and another woman. There is some kissing scenes and some obvious sexual tension, but nothing I would not let my kids see if I had kids.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bymjemm April 23, 2010

Perfect for entire family. Help boys understand how to treat the female sex with honor, dignity, and respect.

the movie was full of what we no longer exposed our children to in society. There was such a sense of decency and honor between men and women. My two boys loved the movie as we watched as a family. It invoked plenty of conversation and enlightenment. Great movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2011

YAY!!!

I loved this movie!!!!!After i watched it I went around talking to everyone in the accent they used in the movie. LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!!!! and it had, like, NOTHING BAD!!!!! YAY!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 October 22, 2010

Oh my gosh...:) This movie is so romantic and sweet!! I love romantic movies, and this one is one of the best i've seen, by far! Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen were perfect for Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. There isn't one thing bad about this movie, I think they say "ass" once, but that's it. It is not slow or boring at any point of the movie, you are always looking forward to the next scene in the movie, and it has the most romantic/happy ending that anybody could ever wish for. HIGHLY recommended for romance fanatics. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

Great period movie

Awesome!! Great actors!!! Its a little bit hard to follow if you don't know how they talked in that time. Its better then Sense ans Sensibility. Its very witty too. WATCH IT!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCinnamoe August 11, 2011

A beautiful film!

This is truly an amazing film. Everything (from the acting to the costumes) is superb. The romance is subtle yet truly beautiful. Kept my interest for the entire two hours. The content is totally fine for kids, but they might not understand it. Other than that, it is truly a classic. Definitely one of my favorites!
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots May 20, 2011

I love this movie! It's really good. Some people may find a little hard to follow, but other than that it's great.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysunnysideup7685 October 15, 2010

I thought this was a much better adaptation of Jane Austen's classic then the Colin Firth version. Kiera Knightly plays Elizabeths character perfectly and you can really feel her loathsomeness towards Mr.Darcy. At points it is hard to understand the characters. As for content there is a brief scence that shows nude statues, but other than that its a Jane Austen book its scandalize for them to even hold hands. I think its a good movie for all tweens and teens to watch although the dialogue is a little hard to understand and I had to rewind the movie a couple of times to listen to what they said again. All its a great movie that shows what true love really is
Adult Written bySarah Grace August 17, 2010

Liked it :)

Liked this movie. Entertaining. The music gets really loud and the speaking scenes are really quiet, though, LOL. There is a scene in Mr. Darcy's mansion with some nude statues. Other than that the movie is pretty clean.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

great

I love the fact that Elizabeth wins Darcy by being just herself. She's not a flirt or anything of that sort like her younger sister, Lydia. Wickham's role model questionable. Almost like the book, just lacks some of the funny humor moments of Jane Austen. LOVED IT!!! :) Ugli Chic
Adult Written byLisa Cole April 9, 2008

A beautiful piece of art....

As a fan of this great book, I looked forward to another film version...and was NOT disappointed. From the first shot to the last, the director somehow brought me into the story with sounds, sights, smells, feelings. Very well done, very romantic and the characters were perfectly well cast. I would take my daughter to see it in a heartbeat.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybible_girl June 2, 2015

Very Good!

I love this movie! It's so inspiring! Recommend to everyone. The only thing I hated about it was that Darcy kissed Lizzy all over her face which i found desterbing that why i gave it 4 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilyLynne April 27, 2014

One of my favorite movies

This movie is fantastic. It shows how life was in the early 1800s. Some characters of higher social rank treat those of lower rank somewhat distastefully. There is no bad language except for one "A" word in the movie. There is no violence, and characters kiss maybe one time. This movie has almost nothing bad in it, and my family really enjoyed it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byszaboe18 February 9, 2014

I grew up with this

This is a beautiful movie that is fine for preteens and under. It shows 19th century society, and has a sweeping romance that is very innocent. Elizabeth is a strong character that has a good head on her shoulders!
Kid, 11 years old September 6, 2013

?

I saw this movie once, and wasn't really paying attention so if you want 110% details then this is not the review to read. If you want to hear the truth about what I noticed that might be a bad choice for your child keep reading <.> There was some tension between men and women who were obviously thinking about being together, some nude statues, and some fighting tat involved romance.
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2013

Keira Knightley Amazes Me Again!

This movie is heartwarming and entertaining while at the same time dramatic and exciting! A wonderful movie to see as a tween, teen or adult. Keira Knightley amazes me once more through her fabulous acting and beautiful words. AMAZING
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiphoph June 28, 2013

Classic Tale

I love Pride and Prejudice, so I decided to watch this movie version (I know there are others, which I'd like to watch at one point). Overall, I thought it was wonderful. Elizabeth, though sometimes considered too harsh, is strong and speaks her mind. She wants what's best for her sisters and has a strong relationship with her father. Mr. Darcy, who starts out rude, has a big character development, changing mostly because of Elizabeth. There isn't any violence. The romance is mostly just sweet, it's a nice change to see men trying to win over a woman's heart slowly. Though, there is a couple who run away together and end up getting married, who they find out didn't originally intend to do so. There is also some kissing at the end, but the two characters are supposed to be married. For language, there's one use of the word "a**". Overall, it's a wonderful story that's well acted.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPride and Prejudice April 13, 2013

Loved it!

I loved this movie! It's definitely my favorite. There's not really anything inappropriate about it, but younger kids may lose interest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 20, 2013

Amazing movie

This movie is absolutely gorgeous! Totally one of the most romantic stories ever made! Keira Knightly is amazing as Elizabeth, she totally captured her personality, and Matthew Macfadyen is more than perfect for the brooding Mr. Darcy. It's romantic, funny, dramatic and engrossing. I love this movie, it's totally made my list of favorite movies!