Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Pride & Prejudice

Gorgeous Jane Austen adaptation has timeless appeal.

Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

fine. Just some kissing and sexual tension

This film is excellent! No sex scenes and I don't remember any violence. Just a heated argument between a woman and another woman. There is some kissing scenes and some obvious sexual tension, but nothing I would not let my kids see if I had kids.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bymjemm April 23, 2010

Perfect for entire family. Help boys understand how to treat the female sex with honor, dignity, and respect.

the movie was full of what we no longer exposed our children to in society. There was such a sense of decency and honor between men and women. My two boys loved the movie as we watched as a family. It invoked plenty of conversation and enlightenment. Great movie.
Parent of a 8 and 18+ year old Written byamni2009 January 12, 2009
Adult Written bySarah Grace August 17, 2010

Liked it :)

Liked this movie. Entertaining. The music gets really loud and the speaking scenes are really quiet, though, LOL. There is a scene in Mr. Darcy's mansion with some nude statues. Other than that the movie is pretty clean.

Adult Written byLisa Cole April 9, 2008

A beautiful piece of art....

As a fan of this great book, I looked forward to another film version...and was NOT disappointed. From the first shot to the last, the director somehow brought me into the story with sounds, sights, smells, feelings. Very well done, very romantic and the characters were perfectly well cast. I would take my daughter to see it in a heartbeat.
Adult Written byluluzinha February 27, 2016
Parent of a 2 year old Written by2smart February 9, 2010

I wish i had my Mr.Darcy !!

I absolutely love this movie, but the book is hust so much better. I advice anyone who can read to take on Jane Austen's masterpiece and enjoy the humor, irony, wit, caricature and just every bit of satire ther is. It's one of the most romantic novel's i've read and the movie doesn't do the book a lot o justice, but it's still a heart warmer (:

Adult Written bysongnverse May 18, 2010

Best movie both visually and artistically

This is my all-time favorite movie. This movie is perfectly clean, except for the phrase about Mr Bingley being an "ass" . The only reason why I gave it such a high age restriction is because the Victorian dialogue may be difficult for younger children to understand.

Adult Written byjessica rabbit August 13, 2011

true love humbles our pride as shown in this movie.

This is my favorite move. I love how it shows how two people may think they are complete opposite from each other but the truth is that they are the same in many ways. They stopped being prideful and became humbled by true love. This movie shows how very important family life is. To me it was a clean film worth buying.

Adult Written byFinneylm April 9, 2008
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byE B December 2, 2017

Excellent movie to watch with kids!

Some friends and I watched this when our daughters were 8 and 9. We stopped along the way to help explain some of the story. I think it would have been a little difficult for them to follow without the explanations. The girls (all 8 of them) loved the movie! My daughter has seen it every year since and is now 11.

Adult Written bybettymom1970 November 29, 2011

Positive for Mother Daughter viewing

Adult Written byJune50 June 3, 2010

Wonderful Romantic Film

Great romantic dramedy/period film. The cinematography and score are lovely and the acting is great. There is little swearing and there is not much sexual stuff except for a few subtle allusions and a very chaste romantic kiss. But younger kids might not understand some of the dialogue and story so I recommend the movie for people 10 and up.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byShry June 1, 2010

perfect role model

love it, it doesn't contain any sexual issues, and i also do beleive that Elizabeth is a good role model as as she's independent..and always says what she thinks but in a polite way

Adult Written bydeepika September 10, 2010
luv it.

Adult Written byIzzysammy February 1, 2011

Wonderful must see movie!

its is amazing! the story is amazing! the only thing is that my brother didn't like it...he got lost! but he's a boy! it was overall spectacular!

Parent of an infant year old Written byCarrie R. Wheadon June 25, 2009

Great fun

One of my faves to watch over and over again. Good soundtrack, too. They did a pretty good job compressing the book. I also enjoy the version from the BBC's Complete Jane Austen series, but it's quite a time commitment. Overall, a good intro to Austen, but of course tweens/teens need to have the patience for the more challenging dialogue.

Adult Written byFlamingoX April 9, 2008

It just didn't live up to expectations

If you've seen the 1995 mini series with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, or have read the book you will be dissappointed in the new performance. You don't hate Mr. Darcy like you should in the begining, and you don't see how immature the youngest two sisters are. The character development was poor, but it's still a good movie all the same. Alot of younger kids though will loose interest and get lost in the language. So it's probably best for older teens up to really appreciate a movie such as Pride and the Prejudice.
Adult Written bycelry April 9, 2008
Adult Written bylcaulder April 9, 2008

Read the book!

The movie was good however, the novel shows more in depth character development. Also, the novels ending is more realistic.