Gorgeous Jane Austen adaptation has timeless appeal.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoony718 February 15, 2016

Favorite Movie

I watch this with my family at least ten times per year. Anybody can watch it, for it is appropriate for a whole family, but it's most likely that children under 9 won't be interested.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLivin4Skating July 24, 2015

Best adaption of Pride and Prejudice IMO.

Best version of Pride and Prejudice. Amazing acting by Keira and Matthew and the entire cast, I can't even begin to explain how much I love and how much I'm obsessed with this movie. I don't want my review to be a huge essay on why I love this movie, so I'm just going to say this. Don't waste your time with the 1995 version. This is the best because of great writing, acting, scenery, and more. I even cried at the end, and I never cry at movies. It won't make sense to anyone who hasn't read the book or doesn't know the regency era.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybible_girl June 2, 2015

Very Good!

I love this movie! It's so inspiring! Recommend to everyone. The only thing I hated about it was that Darcy kissed Lizzy all over her face which i found desterbing that why i gave it 4 stars.
Teen, 15 years old Written byszaboe18 February 9, 2014

I grew up with this

This is a beautiful movie that is fine for preteens and under. It shows 19th century society, and has a sweeping romance that is very innocent. Elizabeth is a strong character that has a good head on her shoulders!
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2013

Keira Knightley Amazes Me Again!

This movie is heartwarming and entertaining while at the same time dramatic and exciting! A wonderful movie to see as a tween, teen or adult. Keira Knightley amazes me once more through her fabulous acting and beautiful words. AMAZING
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiphoph June 28, 2013

Classic Tale

I love Pride and Prejudice, so I decided to watch this movie version (I know there are others, which I'd like to watch at one point). Overall, I thought it was wonderful. Elizabeth, though sometimes considered too harsh, is strong and speaks her mind. She wants what's best for her sisters and has a strong relationship with her father. Mr. Darcy, who starts out rude, has a big character development, changing mostly because of Elizabeth. There isn't any violence. The romance is mostly just sweet, it's a nice change to see men trying to win over a woman's heart slowly. Though, there is a couple who run away together and end up getting married, who they find out didn't originally intend to do so. There is also some kissing at the end, but the two characters are supposed to be married. For language, there's one use of the word "a**". Overall, it's a wonderful story that's well acted.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPride and Prejudice April 13, 2013

Loved it!

I loved this movie! It's definitely my favorite. There's not really anything inappropriate about it, but younger kids may lose interest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 20, 2013

Amazing movie

This movie is absolutely gorgeous! Totally one of the most romantic stories ever made! Keira Knightly is amazing as Elizabeth, she totally captured her personality, and Matthew Macfadyen is more than perfect for the brooding Mr. Darcy. It's romantic, funny, dramatic and engrossing. I love this movie, it's totally made my list of favorite movies!
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2012

great strong women role models

I think it is a good movie .I don't know how many kids would like it. Elizabeth is a strong role model.I pick 10 because they would under stand it more.I saw it when i was 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 July 8, 2012

Love movie!!!!

I loved this movie, it is so romantic. There is no sex at all. I think it is the best Pride and Prejudice movie they have made.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookmusiclover June 15, 2012

Very sweet and romantic -- a must-see!! :)

This version of Pride and Prejudice is perhaps the best I have ever seen! It is very sweet and romantic and I could watch this over and over again! It is fun and light-hearted but also grows serious throughout the movie! It is set in an era in Europe where women have to marry, as to not be a burden on their family. There are many standards that may make you think and wonder what it would be like to live in this time period. It is a very good movie. However, there is drinking throughout parties, one mention of the a** word, no real substantial issues with sexual references, though. It is a very interesting movie, and I rated it for 12 year-olds since younger kids (unless mature) may not understand the true messages from this movie, this story. Their accents at times could be hard to understand, especially when they talk fast, to young people. It also tells boys on how they should react and treat women. :) It is a very amazing movie that i would completely reccomend to the general public.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySummerGaal June 2, 2012

Yes, yes, yes!

One of the best movies of all time, in my opinion. My mother let me watch it when I was 11, and I was instantly hooked. It's an excellent love story/drama, but just fine for tweens to enjoy. When I first watched it, some of the romantic and other stuff I didn't quite get, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it, and I of course understand it now. There is no violence, just tension and some heated arguments. The story, of course, revolves around marriage and love, so the themes are ever present. Some tense moments in this category as well, but still chaste. We never even see a kiss until the end of the movie, and the characters that it involves are married. The word "intercourse" is slipped during a sermon, which is immediately followed by a loud roll of thunder, and nothing more is said. Overall, a wonderful movie, and a must-see. (:
Teen, 15 years old Written byVictoriaMcCrory February 15, 2012

In Awe at Age 15

I watched this movie at a young age and I did not understand what was going on. When I watched it again after reading the book I was in awe. This movie is a way to understand how we make our decisions and finding out the real people rather than their appearance.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenMaple January 1, 2012

Very Sweet

I'm not usually a fan of romance, but this movie was fantastic. Clean and witty, with some positive role models, dignified romance with themes about respect. An especially nice pick for a girls' movie night.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav December 30, 2011

Best Story Ever

This is my favorite movie! I saw the BBC version with Colin Firth when for the first time when I was 6. I didn't understand all of it then, but I loved the dancing, beautiful dresses, and incredible sets. Its such a timeless and amazing story that I don't understand how anyone couldn't like it. You will definitley appreciate it more when you are older, but its fine for anyone to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written byalicelover28 December 12, 2011

Amazing!

This was one of the best movies I have ever seen! It was so interesting and different from most movies out today. Though it was a little hard to understand at times or keep up in the conversation, it was always easy to figure out what was happening and quickly catch up. I really do recommend this for those who like a good love story with a bit of drama and I suggest an older audience due to the more advance vocabulary. So overall this movie completely had my full attention the whole time and I would totally recommended this to everyone and I do plan to watch it again within the near future!
Adult Written byjessica rabbit August 13, 2011

true love humbles our pride as shown in this movie.

This is my favorite move. I love how it shows how two people may think they are complete opposite from each other but the truth is that they are the same in many ways. They stopped being prideful and became humbled by true love. This movie shows how very important family life is. To me it was a clean film worth buying.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2011

Beautiful and heartfelt

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Adult Written byIzzysammy February 1, 2011

Wonderful must see movie!

its is amazing! the story is amazing! the only thing is that my brother didn't like it...he got lost! but he's a boy! it was overall spectacular!
Adult Written bydeepika September 10, 2010