All member reviews for Pride & Prejudice

Gorgeous Jane Austen adaptation has timeless appeal.

Educator Written bysongnverse May 18, 2010

Best movie both visually and artistically

This is my all-time favorite movie. This movie is perfectly clean, except for the phrase about Mr Bingley being an "ass" . The only reason why I gave it such a high age restriction is because the Victorian dialogue may be difficult for younger children to understand.
Parent of a 2 year old Written by2smart February 9, 2010

I wish i had my Mr.Darcy !!

I absolutely love this movie, but the book is hust so much better. I advice anyone who can read to take on Jane Austen's masterpiece and enjoy the humor, irony, wit, caricature and just every bit of satire ther is. It's one of the most romantic novel's i've read and the movie doesn't do the book a lot o justice, but it's still a heart warmer (:
Teen, 16 years old Written byToTheEights January 2, 2010

A bit blah but pretty good.

A pretty, easy story about love. Little conflict, and somewhat predictable, but overall a decent movie. Darcy is a dry, 'tortured soul,' 'woe is me' sort of character, who mostly looks like someone interrupted his suicide to drag him to a party. Nontheless, the movie works and the acting is wonderful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIrateyourmovies September 29, 2009

PERFECT

This I have to say is the most amazing movies I have ever seen. I would have to say that when you watch this, you will fall in love with the characters.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Romantic JA Comedy

This is the best Jane Austen movie yet besides Becoming Jane! Alan Rickman is wonderful and so funny and the story is really romantic and light-hearted, I've watched it 3 times so far and still love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySapphire Fire August 6, 2009

Classic, but Younger Children may not Understand It

This movie is a classic! It’s perfectly clean, sweet, and enjoyable all around. The music is unbelievable... Drama and romance are irresistibly fused together to create this rarely paralleled masterpiece… seize your chance to enjoy it today!
Parent of an infant year old Written byCarrie R. Wheadon June 25, 2009

Great fun

One of my faves to watch over and over again. Good soundtrack, too. They did a pretty good job compressing the book. I also enjoy the version from the BBC's Complete Jane Austen series, but it's quite a time commitment. Overall, a good intro to Austen, but of course tweens/teens need to have the patience for the more challenging dialogue.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 12, 2009

Excellent

This is an excellent movie, my 16 year old brother (who is pretty far from the target audience) lists this as one of his favorites.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysaddlepotato January 18, 2009

Loved it! My favorite!

This movie is beautiful. Its not only a movie that I believe challenges your brain as well as gives you that "favorite movie" feeling of a chick flick. Full of surprising twists and romance. A MUST SEE for people of all ages. People who enjoy reading Jane Austen novels would like this. They did a fantastic job at keeping it true to its "novel form". TWO THUMBS UP!
Adult Written bylcaulder April 9, 2008

Read the book!

The movie was good however, the novel shows more in depth character development. Also, the novels ending is more realistic.
Adult Written byFinneylm April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatasha April 9, 2008

This was good but I didn't understand all the witty jokes

Pride and Prejudice is a movie about a girl called Elizabeth Bennet (Keira Knightly). At first Elizabeth dislikes haughty Mr. Darcy, a friend of Mr. Bingley a man who has just moved into Netherfield Park.She hates him even more when she finds he has involved himself in the relationship between Mr. Bingley and Jane, her older sister. However, Mr. Darcy finds himself attracted to Elizabeth despite her family and low social status. This is a funny story with good acting. However, I didn't understand some of the jokes, and I think it was a little advanced. I would recommend this wonderful movie to kids ages 11+!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymugglewizard April 9, 2008

kiera knightly was fabulous!

this was a pretty good film. Kiera knightly (lizzy) was fabulous. Mathew Mcfadden (mr. darcy) was horrible though so knightly pretty much carrys the whole film. if you have seen the BBC version of this story you will have alot to think about and discuss. definatly good for any romance loving teen.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFlamingoX April 9, 2008

It just didn't live up to expectations

If you've seen the 1995 mini series with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, or have read the book you will be dissappointed in the new performance. You don't hate Mr. Darcy like you should in the begining, and you don't see how immature the youngest two sisters are. The character development was poor, but it's still a good movie all the same. Alot of younger kids though will loose interest and get lost in the language. So it's probably best for older teens up to really appreciate a movie such as Pride and the Prejudice.
Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

WORST MOVIE IN THE WORLD

I HATED IT! I FELL ASLEEP WHEN I WAS WATCHING IT
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

have not seen it

But i heard it was good
Teen, 17 years old Written byElvenDryad157 April 9, 2008

Lovely romance

I enjoyed this movie greatly. Keira did a great job, and the others are great as well. Though somewhat slow in parts, overall this stayed very true to the book and is a great movie to get together with the girls to watch. Makes me belive in happily ever after!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Good

A beautiful movie that though was a little slow twords the begining was well crafted with talented actors/actresses and an amazing ending. One use of the word intercourse was was of the only bothering things in this movie but due to a mature plot great romance film for tweens and up.
Adult Written bycelry April 9, 2008