All member reviews for Pride

Feel-good swimming flick takes on racism.

Not yet rated
Parent of a 11 year old Written byvvfrn2 April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydadofalldads April 9, 2008

Great Story but beware of racism

As a parent, I would be sure to talk to my children about the cultural issuea of prejudice prior to allowing my children to watch this movie. It was set in late 60's-70's when the issues of racism were more overt. I like the movie alot.
Adult Written bytheedwardsfamily April 9, 2008

Too much bad language for a PG flick

I rented this because I heard it was a nice feel good flick (and because my dad is an extra in the movie and we wanted to look for him.) I checked this website to see if it was appropriate for my 7 and 9 year olds to watch and got a good vibe. But no, it has every cuss word except the F word in it and I quickly sent them out of the room to watch something else. I wish I had known that in advance. The drug dealer and issues surrounding him are also too much for a 7 and 9 year old. However, I really liked this movie as an adult and I would recommend it to parents with older kids.
Adult Written bychristik April 9, 2008
Adult Written byneondreams April 9, 2008

Pride Delivers

I had low expectations for Pride after reading a few nasty reviews, but Owen Gleiberman's B+ review in Entertainment Weekly convinced me to take a chance. I must say, I was moved to tears (as were my companions) by the story, by the outstanding supporting cast, and by the magnificent Terrance Howard. Yes, the script was cliched, and there were few surprises, but Howard, Bernie Mac and the others embued their characters with so much honesty and heart it didn't matter. As a former actress, I know that that's all about direction! I highly recommend this film to all ages.