All member reviews for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Tepid video-game fantasy flick tame enough for young teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ May 25, 2013

One Of My favorites!

Honestly, I thought this movie was going to be really lame when my family and I rented it. Turns out...it ranks in my top three! I think I've seen it at LEAST fifteen times. POSITIVE MESSAGES The Prince of Persia promotes qualities such as sacrifice, loyalty, bravery, and doing the right thing despite what the consequences may be. POSITIVE ROLE MODEL Dastan is brave, loyal, and strives to do what's right--no matter what. He loves and wants to protect his family and friends. Tamina is a strong woman, being neither a feminist or ditzy or flirtatious. She is willing to make sacrifices for the common good. VIOLENCE Lots of fighting. A few scenes--not overly so--can be gory (there is some blood). Overall, its just a lot of non-stop action scenes, and Dastan pulls off some pretty cool stunts. SEXUAL CONTENT There are some references to how the Persians have multiple wives (Dastan not included), and some women have mid-riff exposing outfits (Tamina included, once or twice). One scene where Dastan is looking at Tamina's necklace, and she thinks he's looking down her shirt. LANGUAGE None. DRINKING One spot where one soldier asks another, "Have you been drinking?". OVERVIEW All in all, a great movie! I hope they eventually make a sequel!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylinkking February 28, 2011

Thanks Violence, however, is prevalent throughout the movie, with the protagonist constantly on the run, being chased, and having to dodge arrows, blades, flames, and snakes. Despite the amount of violence, it's still not as gory or bloody as comparable movies. Ultimately, the message of familydrilling rigs
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy October 11, 2014

I enjoyed it most when I was younger

Prince of Persia is no masterpiece, but it is certainly an enjoyable movie. The first time I watched it I was either 10 or 11, and I really liked it. It has a good amount of violence and blood, with swords, knives and crossbows. Best for teens and up
Teen, 16 years old Written bygilly_boy November 2, 2013

This never happened

If you had actually seen the movie, you would know what I'm talking about. If you think about it, the idea was clever. It does makes sense to have the settings in Persia where sand is everywhere and the desert holds many secrets beneath it's sands. But there is one thing that I don't like about this movie: the characters sucking face when the situation is most dire. That seems to be the problem with a lot of action movies these days.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylotrlove October 19, 2013

Perfect for teens!

There is an awkward time in growing up when you realize that the children's movies you grew up on aren't quite as exciting as they used to be. It's the time when you start to feel ready for older movies, but it's difficult to find films with just the right balance of being just a bit too much for kids yet not quite adult enough to be inappropriate. This movie is the perfect film for that time of transition from PG to PG-13 fare. It has all of the classic elements of a good teen flick: action, adventure, romance, and humor. True, there is a touch of language and some gray areas as far as the characters' views of right and wrong ( a la Pirates of the Caribbean), but overall, this movie is a bright bit of entertainment for a family movie night!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 14, 2013

Great Movie!

I saw this with my mom and dad when I was ten in the theaters, and I loved it! I bought the DVD when it came out. There is violence, but overall I think it's a very entertaining movie.
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2013

GREAT MOVIE WITH GOOD INTERESTING PLOT

VIOLENCE: 7/10 Some sword fights, knife-throwing, brief knife in head, some blood, arrows flying, nothing too bad. SEX: 3/10 Some kissing. DRINKING: 4/10 A man asks another man while he shoots an arrow and misses, what have you been drinking? Played for laughs. Some actual drinking. Total: 14/30. Great action-mystery movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 4, 2012

prince of persia

very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 29, 2012

epic action flick will amaze evryone

intensly violent, with fights, destruction, explosions, and various weapons fill the screen. there is a gory stabbing scene. the chasing sequences are beautiful, and are very Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-esque.
Parent Written byfcparent March 18, 2012

Great adventure for middle school kids

Good fantasy adventure with themes of loyalty, betrayal, honor, family, and romance. What's not to like? Ideal age range of 10-14. (but I have to admit, I liked it too :-)
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2012

Great awesome movie........If you like terrible movies!!!!!

Let me explain what this movie is........Awful, terrible, cheesy, corny, lame, and not worth your precious time!!!! Let me explain what this movie isn't...... good, fun, interesting, violent, funny, awesome and over all a good movie. If you are fond of Jake Gyllenhaal, this movie will make you hate him!!!! Never watch this movie, ever!! It's just a waste of time. The violence is THE corniest thing I have ever seen in my life! There is No blood, no gore, and no beating scenes. It's just quick, unrealistic deaths. Over all, this movie is completely appropriate, and a complete waste of time! The acting is dull, the story is boring, and the special affects are innsanely low budget!!! My MPAA rating is PG for mild violence and mild thematic elements.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

Interesting story filled with lots of violence.

Violence includes sclicing, sword fights, charecters bitten by snakes, have knives thrown at them, are threatened with there lives, one has his throut slit, and some fall from great heights, or are savagley stabed to death, or hit with spiked whips.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissAmi December 29, 2011

Amazing adventure movie for all the family!

Very funny. For all the family. Great cast. Only one gross scene ( when the king got poisoned by the cloak) but that was the only one that might freak out children. One or two kissing scenes (but ok for kids to look). I would highly recomend this movie!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2011

the best!!

A great movie but has lots of stabbing
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2011

great movie!

I loved this movie! There are definitely no cussing in it and the only reason why it's rated pg-13 is because of the violence. There are some deaths but theres definitely nothing in the movie that would make want to not see because of the violence or something. At first its alittle hard to follow but the ending is really nice where the bad guy is killed and all the brothers are alive again as is the king. There some really positve messages in this movie about how for example you always need support from your family members, help people less fortunate(when king takes in orphan dastan after seeing dastan save another boys life), and to avoid peer pressure. There also some good leaders in this movie.
Adult Written byheidi_armster July 6, 2011

Over the top gory

I think Common Sense let us down on this one. The review seems to indicate that the violence is not more than comparable movies.....but that is not clear enough and it is very, very gory. Not just action.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 1, 2011

Good for 13+

No language, drinking, drugs, or sex, but there is a lot of sword fighting, some blood, and just plain violence. Good for 13+.
Adult Written bybdh June 25, 2011

pretty good movie that is fun

pretty good movie
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

I don't know if it is that much of a kids movie

Wait, hold on a second, is this even a kids movie? I mean, people don't kill each other in kids movies. I once had a pool party and I hated wasting a lame movie than have fun in the pool! I agree with moviefan22, this movie is really boring but then It was getting much better at the end.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 May 10, 2011

Okay

Not a bad movie but, not the best. Kind of funny at parts. Is it worth seeing? Well depends if you like Jake Gyllenhaal or not. :)