All parent member reviews for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Parent of a 10 year old Written byrenoaces June 16, 2010

Time Period Violence YES! But no SEX on the big screen

I went to see this movie on the recommendation of my married sister. Mom and I loved the movie and thought it very entertaining. Not many movies today are "clean" (without having to add sex to it) as this movie was. I was comfortable watching this movie with my 73 year old mother who very much enjoyed it as well.
Adult Written byyvetteanne June 10, 2010

Took my 13 yr. old daughter to see the movie. Both of us liked it, no cursing, skin, sex, which made us both comfortable ( no covering of the eyes here). Plenty of action, humor especially for the adults. I am not familiar with the game so I can't compare the two. Overfall it was an enjoyable movie, a nice getaway for a couple of hours, I would see it again.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysam 48 June 5, 2010

Parent of a 9 year old Written byaea309 June 4, 2010

Surprisingly fun and muc better than expected!

This movie was not on my original summer list but my 9.5 year old son had been campaigning. So we went with my brother , his wife and three 11 year olds. It was much better than I expected. Much more fun, the fight scenes were exciting, the stunts and special effects were cool. The kids were able to follow the plot and just loved the movie. A great summer choice!
Adult Written byJune50 June 3, 2010

entertaining popcorn flick

Prince of Persia is a fairly entertaining movie that moves fast. There are a few violent scenes that may be a little too intense for some younger kids but older kids should be able to handle them.
Parent Written bymaria066 June 2, 2010

Loved it. Saw it with my 11 year old daughter & 9 year old son. They both loved it. Both of them followed the plot without any problems - I guess everything just depends on the individual child & the type of movies that child is comfortable with.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byObi Wan May 30, 2010

Good for Younger kids, 8+

After reading poor reviews by film critics, I hesitated after planning to see it with my 8 year old video gamer. But, he had never played Prince of Persia. Anyhow, glad we went. He loved it. Lots of action. No profanity. Some sexual innuendos over his head...not a big deal whatsoever. One scene near end where throat is slashed....not gory, just happens. Otherwise, very pleased. I decided against Robin Hood with Crowe; definitely the right decisions.
Parent of a 8, 8, 10, 11, and 14 year old Written byrnbizjack May 29, 2010

Some intense battle, but overall a safe bet for kids

We saw the movie with our two daughters. They loved it. I liked the fact that they could make a movie that was action-packed without any curse words or overt sexual innuendo. What little innuendo in the movie is so minute, it passes right over younger kids' heads. And for violence, I would really put it milder than any Indiana Jones movie. Worth seeing.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bySnowflake_UK May 28, 2010

Great adventure film - a decent summer blockbuster!

It's a fairly thin plotline - like many blockbusters! There is a good bantering relationship between Dastan and Tamina - they learn slowly to appreciate each other, and repeatedly make sacrifices to keep the other safe. The overall message about loyalty and doing the right thing is a good one. The violence is mostly cartoonish thumps and thuds, with very little gore, even in swordfighting scenes. In two or three scenes, the snakes are a little scary for younger kids, particularly where snakes travel just under the sand while people are sleeping - it gave me the creeps! **SPOILER** The scariest scene is probably where the king is killed by a poisoned cloak - he appears to burn to death as if burned by acid, so it's pretty unpleasant. A great swashbuckling adventure for almost everyone, perhaps not for kids under 10 though.
Parent Written bynbfi2001 May 28, 2010