Classic Hitchcock horror masterpiece still thrills.

Adult Written byStudmuffinbenny February 28, 2016
I give this film 5 stars because it was just really great. It achieved its goal of mystery throughout the entire film, and had an ending that was not disappointing! It was actually one of the best endings to a movie I can think of...It had twist, awesome character development, good camera angles, lighting that was fit for each scene, and plausible story line. With this, it made me think of the great directing put into this. From the small details of camera angles, to the subtle fore-shadow of his "mother"; the movie was directed wondrously. The sequence of the movie was also very important, it was great and fit what nowadays horror mystery films do. The movie being made in the 60's that is a great feat! Who knew that this film would set a world-wide trend for horror films? Concluding, the directing style, character development, and over all plot was great and ground setting.
Adult Written byKaaatie February 28, 2016

Good Classic

I have this movie a 4 because well for me, I had already guessed the ending in the middle of the movie. But aside from that everything else's was great, the camera shots were very unique, everyone played their character just right, the organization of the story line was good, the sound went perfectly with the movie and the ending was creepy so all in all it was a great horror classic and very much worth watching and unlike most horror movies, this one explains the whole situation in the end which made it easier for people who don't get it or didn't catch on understand it. I though that was pretty nice.
Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byunicornb February 6, 2016

One Of Hitchcock's Best!

This chilling film is about a young woman who has taken $40,000 dollars and leaves with it. She then make her way to the Bates Motel, a dilapidated building that she stays at. She then meets Norman Bates who invites her to stay, with an utterly creepy story progression. This movie is barely violent, little blood is shown. An sex isn't an issue, unless you count kissing. This movie is a great for children who are old enough to begin horror films, because it isn't too scary. There are some lulls in the story, with many moments of just talking. But its all made up for at the eerie conclusion. I would extremely recommend this movie to friends, because its such a great piece of work.
Adult Written bysarge123 May 28, 2015

Excellent film let down by poor ending. Violent and scary. 15+

Bloody violence, Female Nudity (Breasts) and Sexual Themes.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2014

An incredible horror classic that your "horror fan kids" are going to love.

The movie has an incredible storyline and top-notch acting. The movie has 3 mildly frightening scenes. The first one is of course that insanely famous shower scene where the main character is stabbed to death although the blood is barely visible because it is black and white and the stabbing is clearly fake. No nudity is seen in this scene or even the whole movie although in one scene a couple are in bed together. The second scene was not at all scary for me but might be scary for your family. A man's face is slashed with a knife and he falls down the stairs. It's not as bad as it sounds. The third scene is probably the most frightening. A decomposed body in a chair is used to scare a man and a woman. The son of the lady whose body that was tried to kill the two people but the man saves himself and the lady. No profanity is used.
Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 17 year old Written bySystemOfANintendo December 11, 2010

Classic Horror Movie

Classic movie for older kids and up. Terrifying, yet not gorey or bloody. Definitely one to watch over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Parent of a 4, 6, and 15 year old Written byslt208 November 3, 2010

Norman Bates is ready for a new generation of viewers!

This truly is one of the scariest movies ever made. It's also one of the greatest thrillers ever filmed. Most modern thrillers lack the subtlety and complexity of mood, character and plot that this film possesses. Because the style is so different from modern-day thrillers, a young audience that has never been exposed to this style of cinematography and plot development could find it boring, but with some help from a parent to give them background on Hitchcock films and Ed Geine, a younger audience can enjoy this more than the flashy and gory, quick-paced thrillers of today.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

Classic horror!

Psycho is too scary for young kids and many older kids, but older kids who don't mind getting a little scared will love this one. One of Alfred Hitchcock's best movies - a gripping, classy horror movie. Completely perfect from beginning to end.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDKRUMBLE725 October 8, 2009

Classic horror must see

First off, i have a hard time calling this a horror because there arent many scary scenes. God knows how the movie got an R rating. There is virtually no gory violence shown like in movies like Halloween or SAW. It is a kid safe horror movie that may even bore some viewers. Watch it and post what you think...

It scared me half to death!!!

This movie is one of the scariest movies I've seen. Even without the famous shower scene, it would still be scary. I recomend this for mature 10 year olds.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

simply the best!

One of the best horror movies ever made! Don't watch it alone!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarth Petra April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

The plot is so twisted, you really don't know what's going to happen next. Anthony Perkins is a terrific actor, and he makes you feel sorry for Norman, although you are disgusted by his behavior. Not appropriate for young kids, but older teenagers will like it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybondgurl July 26, 2016
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2016

The #1 Movie in the Hole Universe

Alfred Hitchcock's Masterpiece, the master of suspense has did again, but EVEN better. when you finish watching this movie watch the 2nd one, 3rd one, 4th one and the remake to Alfred Hitchcock's Masterpiece that is directed by Vincent Van Sant and the series Bates Motel that's on A&E. There is one scene but it's the famous shower scene. Some Violent Images, when you see blood it's in black and white. A man drags a fully naked dead women out of the shower it does not show anything it blocks the scene and drags the women in a trunk. And some mild profanity. But is still is a great movie to watch anytime.
Adult Written byPaul Wahlburg March 7, 2016

Awesome horror film

Nowadays I'm not a big fan of gorefest, jumpscare, horror films that are popular today. But this film is different. I gave Psycho 4/5 stars because of the awesome story line that was presented. I like how it starts off with some other story that leads into the horrific part. I like all the different sculpting scenes throughout the film. You can tell the director really worked on some of the shots to enhance quality and it shows! The sound track only made it greater. I think this was precedent for the era it was made in. I really think the film deserves a good rating
Teen, 17 years old Written byhammittjenn March 2, 2016

So lost!

The filming wasn't that good because the camera movement was great. Like when a horror scene comes out, the camera would go back and forth and would move the camera around a lot as if I was a documentary. And the actor weren't that good as acting because the part the lady was in the shower and was getting stabbed. Well, it was horrible because the acting seem unrealistic and the "old lady" that was stabbing was just moving the knife in one postition. So bad acting. And the blood was weird in the bath tub.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAshleyLamo13 February 28, 2016

"Motherrrrr!"

I gave this movie 4 stars because I think it is one of the best thrillers that there is. All I kept thinking throughout the entire film was, "Oh my god...what's going to happen?" There were three main "scare" parts throughout the entire film. The first was the infamous shower scene that Hitchcock made SO well, many people can recall it if you'd ask. You could even turn the sound off to watch it and you'd still be effected. As you progress through the movie, you start to notice a lot of the silhouettes that appear right before a major scene takes place. Just like in the shower scene, you don't see the mother's face as she stabs Marion Crane in the shower. The next major scene is when the PI gets stabbed and has a slash against his face, then falls down the stairs with blood all over his face. Like I said, there was a silhouette of the mother again. Of course, there was also a lot of camera shifting and movement added to the scenes afterwards and has a big affect on how it makes you feel. The last major scene is where you see a mummified body for a few seconds, and that's all. Hitchcock has very good transitioning as well as his as where he places his silhouettes in every scene and makes this thriller movie amazing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymhaven_10 February 26, 2016

Class assignment

Psycho was one of the best movies I seen so far. I gave this movie 4 stars because the movie had great sounds, great actors and was not as predictable. Alfred Hitchcock was very creative with this movie, black and white movie. Alfred had a great beginning and end. I would love to watch more of his movies, one of my favorite part of the movie was his camera movements, it was interesting. But over all the movie was great, I would definitely recommend this movie to my friends and family. Best for a movie night.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAbbysmiley February 26, 2016

"Oh GoD.......Mother!"

Psycho is one of the greatest classic movie I have ever watched.
Adult Written byQmorgan408 February 26, 2016

Psycho

Within the movie Hitchcook (director) really used alot of skills to make this movie very suspenseful and a thrill, & he used alot of good camera angles too during the movie & alot of siloutteing as well, he even puts in alot details & like explanations if you really listen to the dialogues & the sequences you'll notice that its really interesting & he even takes his tike explaining certain scene that you think that'll be unexplainable, but in the end you half to watch the movie & see it