All member reviews for Punisher: War Zone

Violent vigilante comic book story is gory, grim stuff.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 15 years old Written bymarvelfan77 August 12, 2014

punisher war zone

this is probably one of marvels most intence violent and exiting movies although it often abuses gore and foul language and has a very similar type of action as liam neeson's "taken".
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 6, 2015

Totally Underrated

I don't know what these movie critics are talking about, this movie is surprisingly good. Ray Stevenson actually did what Thomas Jane couldn't, make the Punisher outfit look theatening
Adult Written bydarthsitkur March 25, 2013

the punisher is hands down the best marvel character ever

instant 10, tons of crazy action and tons of extreme gore, anyone who loves marvel and the punisher will enjoy this, and I also recommend the punisher max: omnibus graphic novel to my fellow fans, it's 20 times as awesome lol, and ray stevenson was perfect for this role, he was very ruthless and intimidating which was exactly what i expected, and he even looks like the character too.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 17, 2011

Title says it all

This is not a sequel to 2004 The Punisher film. In this film The Punisher is portrayed by Ray Stevenson and not Thomas Jane. This movie is extremely violent and gory. There are several scenes of neck-breaking, shooting, stabbing, decapitating, a man gets thrown into an industrial glass crusher, a mans penis( or other entrail) is pulled out and eaten, there's loads of coarse language and some drug use/ sex references i would say this film is OK for 15 year olds but NO ONE UNDER since it's very intense and graphic
Teen, 16 years old Written byraeedthunder February 22, 2011

Parent of a 15 year old Written byakon135 December 22, 2010

Adult Written byMovie Man January 25, 2010

For Basic Movie Fans: Disgusting. For Hardcore Action Fans: Pretty Cool, and Still Disgusting

I actually enjoyed this over the top, particularly grueseome action flick. I love Ray Stevenson; he's truly awesome (those who have seen the HBO series Rome, or the movies Crique De Freak or the recent Book of Eli will know what I'm talking about). He's the kind of guy you want protecting you, and that makes a good, gritty superhero. The action sequences are stylish and intense, but also EXTREMELY gory. PARENTS: HIGH WARNING: This is an extraordinarily gruesome film, especially for a film distributed by Marvel comics. It doesn't only include the basic shooting, stabbing, hard hitting, and explosions, it contains kidneys being removed from living people and eaten, chair legs impaled through eye sockets, heads being completely or sometimes partially blown off, a man being shredded and frighteningly deformed for the rest of the film, and so much more. Please, PARENTS, if you watch this with curious young film fans, young fans of the comic book, or young teens who are just looking for a good (although beyond bloody)time, use caution. Despite horrific gore, I highly recommend this awesome, if gruesome, film. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Adult Written byMattF December 17, 2009

perfect for anyone who is mature and knows real from fake. or who has a gut.

I've read punisher comics since i've been a little boy. it shaped what I like today. You can call me rude, obnoxious or whatever other stereotype you get from that comment. I don't care. it's true to fans, and honestly, it's pathetic you guys are freaking out saying it isn't a kids movie. it has a rating of R for a reason.
Parent of a 5, 9, 15, and 15 year old Written bySuperparent123 November 14, 2009

I Went To See This Movie And It Was Brutal

The Glass Crusher Death Was So Bloody. YUCK! Bloodist Punisher Movie Ever!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGO CUBS GO September 12, 2009

its cool but violent

there is a lot of violence through the hole movie its fun to watch but some times go a little over the top
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2009

BLAHH MAKES ME WANNA BARF!

YUCK
Adult Written byTwilight July 1, 2009

Awesome Movie, Too much Profanity...

To start off I'd like to say this movie has an inordinate amount of profane language. They literally drop the "F-Bomb" every 5 minutes (Or "M-fer"), halfway through the movie it becomes almost comical because of its frequent unnecessary use. The Punisher: War Zone is also insanely violent, Heads are severed, limbs are blown off, a guy gets blown to pieces by a Grenade Launcher, blood splatters regularly, and a guy even gets killed by an axe (He dies in a pool of blood). I DO NOT recommend this movie for anyone under the age of 15.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHopeless July 1, 2009

Well...this movies almost as gory as it gets, decapitations, heads exploding and even a wine stem getting stabbed through a guys throat, the language was ridiculous..it almost seems as if they threw "F bombs" in to fill up the dialogue, and one character loves to snort cocaine...the story is..somewhat engaging..especially if you like..senseless violence?..and liam, seriously 8 your olds cant see this..parents should definately be concerned about the violence and profantiy, the violence is brutal and graphic, the "F bomb" appears regularly in the dialogue as well as various other colorful words.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2009

Awesome

This is a good movie and I think an 8 year old can watch it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCaleb_Mitchell May 26, 2009

Uber cool. Uber violent, but uber cool.

It's a good movie, it's just unbelievably gory & has way too much language. The drug & alcohol consumption is also crazy & the main character is definitely morally questionable.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFearlessmaster May 17, 2009

I'm a Punisher fan...

Although heavy on action, I feel that this movie (although it was a good one) does not do justice to the franchise (especially the 2004 film), and I miss Thomas Jane!
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 1, 2009

The Punsiher Is Back (ADULTS ONLY!)

If you think your just seeing another Punisher movie like the orginal, THINK AGAIN!!! This sequal is way more violent than the orginal with loads and loads of blood and gore. It even made me feel sick a few times. The movie on the other hand is not as good as the orginal but still a fun violent comic book movie for adults. The film also feels more like a Punisher movie which helps a bit. I highly dont reccomend watching it if you have a weak stomach though. ADULTS ONLY!!!
Adult Written byNinjaGuy788 April 19, 2009

Yuck!

This is a decent movie that is just a drop of blood away from being NC-17. This movie knows its limits but does not use those limits. TONS of violence and swears. 18 and up.
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2009

VERY BAD MOVIE!!!!!!!!

it was pretty dif then the old punisher and it was more violent and there was more vulgar langauge but i think it was a fine movie.
Kid, 11 years old March 17, 2009

PUNISHER WARZONE IS LESS OF A MOVIE THEN THE FIRST

IT'S SAD WITH THIS PUNIDHER IT'S STILL GOOD JUST NOT MUCH OF A MOVIE IT'S MORE OF 2 HOURS OF NOTHING BUT BRUTAL KILLINGS. DON'T GET ME WTRONG THIS FILM IS STILL AWSEOME. RAY STEVENSON IS A MUCH BETTER THAN TOMAS JANE I CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR THE VILLIAN DOMINIC WEST WHO SEEMS NOT EVEN SUITABLE FOR AN SNL B ECAUSE HE'S SO STUPID. THE VIOLENCE IS BLOODY BRUTAL GRIM. IN SHORT IT'S NOT SO MUCH OF A MOVIE AS IT IS 2 HOURS OF GORY BEAT UM UP ACTION