Sci-fi thriller has more style than story; some iffy stuff.

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

Push is great for 11 and up!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2009

Please Read, Should a Mature Ten Year Old See Push!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i've never seen Push, but i love sci fi, and the telekinetic abilities, and Dakota fanning and Nick grant are amazing. I need some help, should a 10 year old like me, which i think of myself mature, and others believe i am. So, if u say no, i shouldn't, click, help me decide. If i think i should, press read my mind.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action violence, some strong language, sexuality, teen drinking, disturbing images, frightening sequences, smoking, and thematic content. Could have been an R rated movie.
Parent Written byJLFM May 8, 2012

Dumb movie, and definitely not appropriate for kids

Adult Written byguyton July 25, 2009

underage drinking

personally i like the movie, but it wasnt the greates movie for the kids. this is language that isnt suitable, also not to mention that the thriteen year old girl was drinking, and eventually got drunk..... hence the next morning having a hangover, also the thirteen year old was cursing just as bad as any of the other character. nontheless it was an entertaining movie, but it was kinda pushing it.
Parent of an infant year old Written byLizbeth1990 February 18, 2009
Parent of a 3 and 11 year old Written bymom2elinate July 10, 2009

Boys love this 12 and up

I watched this with my 12 year old son. I thought it was pretty good. He really liked it. Perfect action adventure without all the blood and gore.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 29, 2016

Push movie review

I give Push 3 Stars out of 5. The film's central idea is interesting. Look, this film wasn't to great but there where certain aspects i liked but more of the ones i didn't. It's a good looking film in blu-ray (hd) and it feels as if what the film was made for. It's very stylish/stylised like CSM said and some things the film tries to showcase didn't work at times (for me). The content is suitable for teens and up for the violence (although it's mostly stylised it's quite intense and extensive at times.) Overall this was an alright Sci-Fi thriller but might dissapoint fans to this genre or for others, it'll be a masterpiece.
Parent of a 7, 9, and 16 year old Written byJust4U August 5, 2009

Don't spend the money

I watched this with my 16 year old son and if we hadn't paid to rent the movie and popped the popcorn already, we would have turned it off. It started O.K., but went down hill from there. Excessive drinking, even by Dakota's character, lots of shooting, and a suicide (gun in the mouth) controlled by one of the characters. Didn't enjoy it and neither did my 16 year old.
Kid, 8 years old September 28, 2012

Very violent, kind of sexual and a little bit of drinking and smoking

Tons of violence. Lots of shooting, a little bit of stabbing and some sexual content. Some drinking and smoking but not much. Charaters do drink, beer, wine and I saw redbull in the background. A 13 year old girl drinks achool in one scene. Lots of sci fi thrilling action.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Push

All action and no plot, but nothing objectionable aside from violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i loved this movie

What to watch out for * Messages: Government agencies are depicted as venal, power-hungry amoral mobs that use people with special talents as tools to get jobs done. Overall, the movie has a grim tone. The movie's heroes come together out of a sense of self-protection and self-assertion. A 13-year-old character is placed in several adult situations of peril, even brandishing a gun at one point. * Violence: Extensive sci-fi action and combat, including bolts of telekinetic force, and hypersonic screams of destruction. Also gun violence, fistfights, and martial arts combat. Several people are impaled with lengths of bamboo; others are hurled to their deaths or shot at point-blank range. Paranormal mind-controllers induce suicides through unbreakable psychic suggestion. Extensive surgical/medical imagery. * Sex: Kissing; implied sex; some caressing. A scene takes place at a "hostess bar." * Language: Relatively infrequent swearing includes two non-sexual uses of "f--k," as well as "s--t," "godd--mit," "h--l," "d--n," "crap," and "crappy." * Consumerism: Only a few brands -- Coke, Jack Daniel's -- are shown/mentioned. Due to the Hong Kong setting, many of the corporate logos in the film are unidentifiable or wholly in Chinese. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Characters smoke cigars and cigarettes and drink beer, wine, and hard liquor. A 13-year-old with psychic abilities drinks alcohol to "focus her visions" -- which, in the film's science-fiction world, works, but is also played for laughs
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

sci fi action

average action flick with sci fi twist nuthin much else
Teen, 16 years old Written byarchermatt98 November 22, 2009

PUSH

this is a great movie. some blood, but not too bad. watch it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvmusic720 August 28, 2009
this was a reakky good movie and I would recomened it to anyone who likes action movies
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Awesome Movie, Great Storyline

Push has good role models, fighting for a good cause. The main characters are trying to save others like them from the government. There is some swearing. The violence isn't too bad. A thirteen year old does get drunk in one scene, hoping to enhance her powers, and falls asleep. Twelve, thirteen year olds and up can handle.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2011

Awsome sci-fi action flick is full of twistsand turns and is more rated R.

So very violent for a pg-13. At the last real fight scene the screamers come in and the heck out of the place! Then the character gets ticked off and pushes a bamboo stick in the side of his neck! Its not brief by the way. Then the father comes in and screams and causes the guys ears and mouth to bleed like wheck! A lot of shooting and stuff. A 13 year old girl drinks and gets pretty drunk. Not that much sexual stuff but not for kids. Sci-fi bad and bloody also. Awsome movie and totally worth watching! Enjoy it!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 4, 2010

Action packed but nothing too EXTREME.

Hmm....I obviously DO NOT agree with the website's movie rating. Yes, there is some violence but nothing too extreme. Probably , the most violent scene is where the "Bleeders" scream and ears are shown bleeding momentarily. There is implied sex but younger viewers won't pick up on it. I LOVE this movie and saw it when I was 11 (or 12, can really remember :D) But my brother saw it when we was 8! He was completely fine!!!!!! At one part of the movie a 13 year old get drunk but she doesnt do anything "bad". She is just seen with an empty bottle and is not able to stand very well. Psychic stuff is shown. so if you are uncomfortable with your child getting ideas from that, then talk with them first. Other than that, GREAT, FUN MOVIE!
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2010

Good Movie

This is a very good movie (I think) but can be very violent for kids. I saw this a few months ago and it can be confusing the 1st time you see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 4, 2012

Great sci-fi action thriller

Some teen drinking. Strong violence and language. Show to mature kids or teens only