All member reviews for Quantum of Solace

Craig's 2nd Bond grittier, angrier than his first.

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byxgame July 18, 2011

The whip hits good and dark.

THE START:Daniel Craig hits again and throws the shot of the detective James Bond,007.This movie goes dark again,you will frickin' love it. ____________________________________________________THE PLOT:After Vesper Lynd dies,007 goes on a mission to avenge her death.With help and company of Camille,an female bolivian agent,they will search those responsable of Vesper's death. ____________________________________________________THE CONTENT:THE BADS ___________________________________________________ MESSAGES:Revenge,murder,and espisionage are main themes in this movie. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ ROLE MODELS:Bond is a spy determined by revenge.Bond is also a tricky,murderiuos guy.Almost no role model is positive. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ VIOLENCE:Constant violence,full of shootings,deadly stunts, lots of murders,bloody fights and scenes,briefly shown scene of a women getting tortured,an knife fight,a brutal chase leading to a brutal fistfight,a explosive scene,a car chase and a violent intro scene. 5 OUT OF 5 __________________________________________________ SEX:Bond kisses two women,once in a sexual scene.Some cleavage. 3 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ LANGUEGE:Some uses of h*ll,sh*t,b*stard,ect. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________} CONSUMERISM:Aston Martin,ect. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ DRUGS:Some drugs and alchol. 3 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ OVERALL:TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OFF 12- IFFY 13 - 15 ON 16
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes October 24, 2009

okay for tweens

just like most bond movies there is a lot of violence, but that is to be excpected in soy movies, slightly boring but cool anyway. brilliant
Teen, 14 years old Written bybslrpl July 1, 2011

Intense bond film for the modern age

A very action packed and violent bond movie. This one has the least sexual content of any bond movie ever made. Only one brief scene that has sex implied. There is quite a lot of violence with some blood in this movie. Infrequent language includes the usual PG-13 words: sh*t, da*n, a**, and h*ll. Good movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 August 17, 2011

Terrible! Too violent, too complex, too much! Not as good as Casino Royale!

Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

It's kinda boring, lacking the action, and talking way to much. If you want a bond flick that has Craig in it, go watch Casino Royale .In fact, I never saw the whole entire movie because I slept every time I saw Quantum of Solace
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 14, 2011

A very strong PG-13--just watch the first scene and you'll see.

My rating: PG-13 for frequent and intense violence/action, a few scenes of sexuality, and for some language.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 February 2, 2011

no tweens

I like Craig's acting no matter what the fans say the movie is perfect for teens, kinda violent but not too much. But ppl under 15 should have a talk with parents before they see this film
Adult Written byJoe Morris November 19, 2008

Dark, violent movie is exciting and emotional

Quantum kicks ass. It's not as good as Casino Royale but is by no means a let down. Peppered with frantic action and impressive stuntwork it nonetheless manages to fit in an interesting plot into its sleek 1hr 40min running time. Whilst it may not match Casino Royale for emotional depth it certainly beats it for pacing - I wasn't bored for a second. Camille is a weaker Bond girl compared with Vesper but she is servicable and Dominic Greene is a fittingly despicable villain. It's a brooding movie filled with dark touches and Craig's ruthless, physical performance which cements him as possibly the finest actor to play the role. But Bondians put your fears aside; this isn't Bond as we once knew, but he still packs in more than a few one liners, dry martinis and even manages to bag his signature gunbarrel sequence (you'll have to wait for it though!). Having to live up to such high expectations after the brilliant Casino Royale was unfair but QOS confounds expectations; it's better than it has any right to be.
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

Good

This is a very clever film, though violent. From the first scene there is frequent, moderate action violence.
Adult Written byNico9000 March 29, 2009

Ok but shorta boring

Not so bad but a little boring.
Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2011

Very good film but violent. Woman gets briefly tortured and there's one car chase. Also, there's other action violence. Bond and a woman make love. Language such as 's--t', 'b-----d', 'ass' and 'hell'. Bond and a man drink at a bar. 007 has an Aston Martin.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... April 22, 2009

One horrible, horrible movie

let's start off by saying that i am a huge james bond fan, i've seen mostly all of them and i enjoyed most of them (dalton's bond and some brosnan movies sucked), and i loved casino royale, but this movie was a huge disappointment. the acting was decent, but it was crappily done, the editing was absolutly horrible,(i dont mind quick cuts, but this was just unwatchable),and the cinematography sucked even more. i had high hopes for this movie (from the director of stranger than fiction), but when i saw the movie, all of my hope was gone, maybe he should go back to directing romantic comedies.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2010

Average show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 5, 2010

Better than Casino Royale

Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great bond movie

great movie lots of killing worth watching 12 and over
Parent of a 8, 23, and 25 year old Written byjaneyj December 9, 2008

More Action than Romance, which makes it GREAT!

Action is always better than watching people make out on the screen. And this is your movie for action. I am glad this wasn't a typical Bond movie because I would not have gone to see it if it was. The reviews on this site let me make an informed decision to see the movie. As for the rape scene, I beg to differ with others, but there is a straight up the crotch shot that looks like bare skin. That scene had no bearing on the movie and was gratuitous as was the bare-backed scene. Wasted time that could have had more action.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMer-Colorado November 29, 2008

I don't recommend this movie!

All previous Bond movies start with a great opening scene and have a great song. This had neither. I was disappointed from the start and it didn't get better. My 13 1/2 yr old went with me and neither of us could follow the plot. I don't mind that this Bond isn't a lady killer, but I found this movie indistinguishable from other action movies. I think they lost the Bond charm.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Very good!

I really liked this movie, and I saw it when I was 11 and I didn't find it to be too violent, or scary and this is coming from someone who gets scared really easily. The sex: Bond and another girl began to make love, another girl kisses Bond. The language: Isn't that bad, just the normal words. I was a little confused at the beginning scene. The first scene is a car chase scene. What?! I would see the movie if I where you. Its better than the first Bond movie with Daneil Craig.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2010

JAMES BOND ROCKS!!!

Well Im A big James Bond fan and if it is james bond you know i will love it Quantum of solace is a very good movie not as good as the old ones.