Craig's 2nd Bond grittier, angrier than his first.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 June 2, 2012

The Gritty and Darkness of the film is something that gives it its best and worst moments.

Quantum of Solace kicks off after the very well done Caino Royale. Bond is sad, angry, and wants revenge for whoever killed the woman he loved, Vesper. This film truly is very dark. The violence is non stop. Bond kills and when he does the film does not make it look cool or fun, they make it look like it's terrible. I'm really not joking with you. With that sexual content is mild but someways it goes in the violence section. In one scene a character is sexually assaulted. It's brief and thankfully she gets saved. Heres the thing about this Bond film, I felt the risque outfits and sexual content was a lot more toned down than all the other Bond films (which is a major surprise). It was more of violence. For example like I said, a woman nearly gets sexually assaulted. There is also lots of very intense fight scenes with stabbing, shooting, and blood. There also is some mild cursing and limited alcohol and drug use. I liked the film I really did I just think the gritty darkness ruined some parts of the film. At other parts I thought it helped make the film a better and more realistic film. It's not a bad film but I think the overall premise of the film gave it its weak points.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byJeffro421 April 26, 2009

Don't be so self-righteous, you nay-sayers!

This movie was very, very good - a throwback to the tone of the early Sean Connery bond movies. Those people that post things about inappropriateness for their kids need to take a different approach in how they talk/relate to their kids. It's essentially a cartoon without the animation, and always has been in this series.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMer-Colorado November 29, 2008

I don't recommend this movie!

All previous Bond movies start with a great opening scene and have a great song. This had neither. I was disappointed from the start and it didn't get better. My 13 1/2 yr old went with me and neither of us could follow the plot. I don't mind that this Bond isn't a lady killer, but I found this movie indistinguishable from other action movies. I think they lost the Bond charm.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Great movie, though very short

Violence- 4 (Blood, violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 2, 2014

"Quantum of Solace" movie review

"Quantum of Solace" was disappointing as hell. I have no idea how this is in the same franchise as "Casino Royale". From the first shot of the movie, I knew this movie would be bad. The movie starts with a car chase and you can't tell what the hell is going on. The shots are so messed up. If someone asked me what the plot of "Quantum of Solace" was, I would be thinking about it for an hour or two. This movie has no solid plot. It is just confusing because they really don't talk about it. Some of the acting could have been a lot better. The supporting roles felt like they were reading off the script. That being said, there are a few things that were good about "Quantum of Solace". Daniel Craig is very good as James Bond. His acting was spot on. Some of the action scenes I actually enjoyed. Other than that, this movie has absolutely no substance. To be honest, the filmmakers were focusing way too much on the over the top action scenes rather than development of characters and the plot. One thing that really bothered me was an attempted rape scene. This movie is PG-13 and the scene shouldn't have been in it. "Quantum of Solace" was very disappointing. I recommend checking out "Casino Royale" and skipping "Quantum of Solace". In my mind, the only two Daniel Craig James Bond movies that exist are "Casino Royale" and "Skyfall".
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

Good

This is a very clever film, though violent. From the first scene there is frequent, moderate action violence.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 February 2, 2011

no tweens

I like Craig's acting no matter what the fans say the movie is perfect for teens, kinda violent but not too much. But ppl under 15 should have a talk with parents before they see this film
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 5, 2010

Better than Casino Royale

Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great bond movie

great movie lots of killing worth watching 12 and over
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... April 22, 2009

One horrible, horrible movie

let's start off by saying that i am a huge james bond fan, i've seen mostly all of them and i enjoyed most of them (dalton's bond and some brosnan movies sucked), and i loved casino royale, but this movie was a huge disappointment. the acting was decent, but it was crappily done, the editing was absolutly horrible,(i dont mind quick cuts, but this was just unwatchable),and the cinematography sucked even more. i had high hopes for this movie (from the director of stranger than fiction), but when i saw the movie, all of my hope was gone, maybe he should go back to directing romantic comedies.
Educator Written byfif April 10, 2009

Better than expected

I have never been a big Bond fan, but this movie was well done and enjoyable. The length was perfect and the action and story was engaging nearly the entire time. Surprisingly little sexuality for a Bond film, not that there wasn't any, just less than normal. Most teens will enjoy this film, just know your teen.
Adult Written byNico9000 March 29, 2009

Ok but shorta boring

Not so bad but a little boring.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysjgillespie November 22, 2008

Not the old James Bond and that's ok

this Bond movie, like Casino Royale, was not fixed on sex. it was fixed on revenge and bitterness and how it consumed one's life; the viewer need not search too far for a message in this movie. in addition to no specific Bond Girl in this movie, the movie was void of silly, pithy Bondisms. it was darker, i agree, but i am undecided if this is a bad thing.
Adult Written byJoe Morris November 19, 2008

Dark, violent movie is exciting and emotional

Quantum kicks ass. It's not as good as Casino Royale but is by no means a let down. Peppered with frantic action and impressive stuntwork it nonetheless manages to fit in an interesting plot into its sleek 1hr 40min running time. Whilst it may not match Casino Royale for emotional depth it certainly beats it for pacing - I wasn't bored for a second. Camille is a weaker Bond girl compared with Vesper but she is servicable and Dominic Greene is a fittingly despicable villain. It's a brooding movie filled with dark touches and Craig's ruthless, physical performance which cements him as possibly the finest actor to play the role. But Bondians put your fears aside; this isn't Bond as we once knew, but he still packs in more than a few one liners, dry martinis and even manages to bag his signature gunbarrel sequence (you'll have to wait for it though!). Having to live up to such high expectations after the brilliant Casino Royale was unfair but QOS confounds expectations; it's better than it has any right to be.
Adult Written byDBarto November 14, 2008

Best Craig Bond film yet... if not the best.

I just got back from the 7:00 pm showing, and it was great. The acting is topnotch, action was great, score was really good. My first concern about Another Way to Die was the White Keys duet, but the edited movie version was actually pretty good. There was some iffy stuff like a bear backed woman, and a shot of a woman's skirt while she was being raped by the villain (she was fully clothed and nothing is shown). Overall a well rounded, well developed film. 5 out of 5.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoker15 July 3, 2009
This isn't as good as Casino Royale, but it's still worth the ticket price. The violence is about the same intensity as CR, and there's a brief scene were Bond implies that he's about to have sex with a Bond girl. He still has his vodka martini, but He dosen't call it "shaken not stirred". My concern with this film is that it might represent the message of revenge being good, which might be questinable to some parents. This isn't for kids under 13. 13 is iffy. 14 and up should be OK.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayvan_922 April 4, 2009

A Big Disappointment!

Although it doesn't derserve the bashing by critics it is getting at the moment, it was a huge let down compairing it to other Bond films especially Casino Royale.
Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2009

very violent and not for kids

Quantum of solace is a good movie very violent and disapointing ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNickD531 January 1, 2009

Dissapointing Sequel

This is a dissapointing sequel to the amazing Casino Royale. It is overly violent, like they just needed something to fill up the time. As to suitability, I'd say that thi film is appropriate for the 12+ age range, but I'd advise them to watch something else.
Kid, 9 years old March 25, 2016

Not as good as other bond films

This movie is violent, acting is good though.