All member reviews for Quantum of Solace

Craig's 2nd Bond grittier, angrier than his first.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoker15 July 3, 2009

This isn't as good as Casino Royale, but it's still worth the ticket price. The violence is about the same intensity as CR, and there's a brief scene were Bond implies that he's about to have sex with a Bond girl. He still has his vodka martini, but He dosen't call it "shaken not stirred". My concern with this film is that it might represent the message of revenge being good, which might be questinable to some parents. This isn't for kids under 13. 13 is iffy. 14 and up should be OK.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

Quantum of Solace falls short a few times.

After seeing the great Casino Royale I thought this 2nd outing would be better but i actually thought it falled flat a lot of times. if you liked the Casino Royale movie than you'll probably be disapointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxotitanicox May 4, 2009

Pretty Good

This wasn't as good as Casino Royale, but Daniel Craig is the best bond by far!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaurenluvssocal May 1, 2009

Rip Off, Go See Casino Royale

This was a horrible james bond movie. Casino Royale was way better, this was just hard to follow. I defenitley do not recommend this movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2009

rubbish!

this film is the s*****t bond ever. somone being raped is not suitable for young kids! if i could i would put a no star rating!
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byJeffro421 April 26, 2009

Don't be so self-righteous, you nay-sayers!

This movie was very, very good - a throwback to the tone of the early Sean Connery bond movies. Those people that post things about inappropriateness for their kids need to take a different approach in how they talk/relate to their kids. It's essentially a cartoon without the animation, and always has been in this series.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... April 22, 2009

One horrible, horrible movie

let's start off by saying that i am a huge james bond fan, i've seen mostly all of them and i enjoyed most of them (dalton's bond and some brosnan movies sucked), and i loved casino royale, but this movie was a huge disappointment. the acting was decent, but it was crappily done, the editing was absolutly horrible,(i dont mind quick cuts, but this was just unwatchable),and the cinematography sucked even more. i had high hopes for this movie (from the director of stranger than fiction), but when i saw the movie, all of my hope was gone, maybe he should go back to directing romantic comedies.
Educator Written byfif April 10, 2009

Better than expected

I have never been a big Bond fan, but this movie was well done and enjoyable. The length was perfect and the action and story was engaging nearly the entire time. Surprisingly little sexuality for a Bond film, not that there wasn't any, just less than normal. Most teens will enjoy this film, just know your teen.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayvan_922 April 4, 2009

A Big Disappointment!

Although it doesn't derserve the bashing by critics it is getting at the moment, it was a huge let down compairing it to other Bond films especially Casino Royale.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe-Edge March 23, 2009

Bond is Back, and Some!

After Casino Royale, I had to agree the Daniel Craig is one of the best 007s ever, but after QoS, I now think that he is the BEST 007ever! He is everythign a 007 should be, Fit, Charming, British and most Important of all, he is what Ian Flemming was in his spy days, a stone cold Killer! The Badies, The Cars, The Ladies, The Guns, The Chasing, The Location, EVERYTHING was here. I do have1, and it is only 1 criticism about this movie. Its the fact that the film goes up its own ass with it Hydrogen Powered cars and environmental Gobs**t. This is a spy film! What kind of spy film has hydrogen powered SUVs, comon! Bu other than that, Good job and good film
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2009

i think this is the best bond movie ever
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatedogg March 6, 2009

best james bond ever

this was the best movie i have ever scene. it was very violent ans had one sex scene but hey its a james bond movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxboy15 February 14, 2009

It was ok but the action was intense for the movie

This movie has a lot violence and Intense action car chase was crazy the story was average but the sequal to this movie could be way better
Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2009

very violent and not for kids

Quantum of solace is a good movie very violent and disapointing ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNickD531 January 1, 2009

Dissapointing Sequel

This is a dissapointing sequel to the amazing Casino Royale. It is overly violent, like they just needed something to fill up the time. As to suitability, I'd say that thi film is appropriate for the 12+ age range, but I'd advise them to watch something else.
Adult Written bymoviemadness December 31, 2008

Nonstop Action

Quantum of Solace is chock full of gritty nonstop action and a LOT of violence. The story isn't great (let's face it, it's a James Bond movie!) but the chase and fight scenes are riveting. Parents need to know that the violence really is realistic and brutal. A man beats another man to death in an extended scene, a horrifying rape/murder is described, there are numerous beatings, burings, explosions, stabbings, shootings, and a woman is drowned (rather creatively) in crude oil. Retribution is a major theme, and something to watch out for. Bond does his usual bit of womanizing, but it's mild and nothing compared to most PG-13s. Bottom line: leave anyone thirteen and under at home. It you must have your tween see a Bond, stick with the older ones.
Parent of a 8, 23, and 25 year old Written byjaneyj December 9, 2008

More Action than Romance, which makes it GREAT!

Action is always better than watching people make out on the screen. And this is your movie for action. I am glad this wasn't a typical Bond movie because I would not have gone to see it if it was. The reviews on this site let me make an informed decision to see the movie. As for the rape scene, I beg to differ with others, but there is a straight up the crotch shot that looks like bare skin. That scene had no bearing on the movie and was gratuitous as was the bare-backed scene. Wasted time that could have had more action.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios December 1, 2008

Not a kid movie; Brosan was a better Bond

Saw this movie over the holiday weekend. I liked the first action sequence, but not quite enjoyable as the Brosnan bond movies. Like all Bond movies, definitely not a kid movie, ok for mature teens.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMer-Colorado November 29, 2008

I don't recommend this movie!

All previous Bond movies start with a great opening scene and have a great song. This had neither. I was disappointed from the start and it didn't get better. My 13 1/2 yr old went with me and neither of us could follow the plot. I don't mind that this Bond isn't a lady killer, but I found this movie indistinguishable from other action movies. I think they lost the Bond charm.
Teen, 13 years old Written bym1 November 24, 2008

I'll Get Slapped for This, But...

This movie just wasn't as good as the first. The acting is great, but the plot is confusing and unrefined.