All parent member reviews for Race to Witch Mountain

Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byjefbradley March 20, 2009
Adult Written bygarfield2711 March 20, 2009
This is a pretty entertaining movie. However, you won't like it if you don't like action flicks, and this movie is action packed from the beginning to the end. Other than that, there's nothing to concern about. The only thing worth noting is the alien assassin's face is super gross. Take your tweens and older to see this movie.
Parent of a 9, 11, 16, and 18+ year old Written byhowemom March 18, 2009

Best scenes viewed in trailer

The story didn't flow smoothly. There was more gun shooting than was needed. The special effects that were in the trailer for this film were one of the few in the film and the best. They should have saved the effects for the viewing of the movie and not the trailer.
Adult Written bydarcywingo March 16, 2009

WOW!!!

THIS WAS AN OUTSTANDING MOVIE. THE SCARY PARTS WERE MORE LIKE A RIDE AT DISNEYLAND. AND BEST OF ALL...THERE WERE NO SEXUAL INNUENDOS OR LANGUAGE ISSUES AT ALL. I HOPE THAT IT IS FINANCIALLY A PLUS SO THAT OTHERS WILL TRY TO REPEAT ITS SUCCESS. FAMILIES....GO SEE THIS AND SUPORT A GOOD PG MOVIE
Parent of a 8 year old Written bybadtvaddict March 15, 2009

Borne Identity for 10 year old boys

As a parent who fondly remembers the original, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this version better than I expected. It was a tad bit less realistic than the original (given the premise...), and definitely way too violent for young kids, but it was fun for tweens. My 9 yo son was having a great time, the one liners were cute, and the sense of action/urgency was there, even though you knew they were going to escape.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bylisamoore March 15, 2009

Violence was disturbing.

My husband and I took our kids, ages 7 and 9, to see this movie over the weekend. Throughout the movie, characters beat and shoot at one another. My husband and I were angry that the movie was rated PG and that the true nature of the movie was not captured in the previews. We regret not walking out.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bygeewiz March 15, 2009

Too Violent, Disney Keeps Pushing the Limits

I took my 11-year-old son to see the film. We chose it too quickly from film listings in the paper: 1) Disney, 2) PG, 3) Kids from another planet. How over-the-top could that be? It was incredibly loud, in-your-face violent, and I noticed several parents leaving with their kids. My son said it was scarier by far than 'Iron Man' and he was spooked by the 'Terminator' who was out to kill the alien kids - a perfect recipe for nightmares. In fact, my son had nightmares and a terrible night's sleep. Viewer beware - you can't trust Disney anymore and each PG film must be carefully reviewed first!
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bydreya March 14, 2009

Careful about this one

We saw this movie today for my son's 8th birthday party, and I was surprised at how violent it was. The main character was repeatedly punching people's faces, and at one point slams the faces of 2 people into the hood of a car. There is an indestructible alien robot that shoots explosive death rays at people and objects, including the children. There are multiple scenes during which soldiers are pointing guns at and shooting at the children. There are several scenes that are extremely tense, with the children directly and immediately threatened by capture and/or death. There is a point when a scientist warns that the children will be "dissected like frogs in high school biology" and then we see the children strapped down on beds, with scientists standing over them in a threatening way. Scene after scene after scene had shooting, explosions, and the children being chased. I am stunned that this movie was rated PG and not PG-13, and I am stunned that Common Sense Media, which I have always trusted and agreed with, gave this a green light for 8 and up, and gave the violence only a yellow.... Was it a good movie? Yeah, it was pretty good, for OLDER children.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 March 13, 2009

Ok, but not great

I took my seven year old daughter and five year old son to see this movie tonight. They both liked it but were not overly excited about it. I would say it is worth a rental but probably not worth going to the theater. It does have a lot of car chase scenes and quite a few gun fights but overall it is pretty tame. Neither of my kids were scared but there are some scenes that are too intense for most kids under 8.
Parent of a 8, 8, 8, and 9 year old Written byjwandry March 13, 2009

Poorly written

Movies like this make me appreciate well written movies. What a waste of a good cast. Very sad.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byfeirin March 13, 2009

Mediocre Movie ---- Could Have Been Better

Went to see this movie with my two boys ages 12 and 8. Not exactly what we expected after watching the previews. Did have some entertaining action scenes to keep the movie going but seemed to drag on and on. My 8 year old asked about halfway through if we could leave. My 12 year old thought it was " ok ". He seemed to have lost interest until the very end of the movie. All in all I would rate it a C + . Could have been worse but was hoping for something better such as the storyline and acting.