All member reviews for Racing Stripes

Best live-action talking animal movie since Babe.

Parent Written bytreat02 June 11, 2012

Parents, this is a very different movie then you'd think. BEWARE

There is a very positive message, but, I will say, the movie itself, (the script) is terrible. Little kids wouldn't understand some of the jokes, which are now useless to them. And, parents will think it's all a little kid movie, and it's not really like that. The thing about this movie, that really gets me, is the flies. Those were not-needed. They were very provokitive, and very bad-role models. The reason I don't say that about others (the mean horses), is because they were supposed to be bad. In the end, it all turns out good, but I still think that the movie was horrible.
Adult Written byMovieluver101 August 29, 2011

ya!

Cutest thing ever. I absouloutley love this movie and even though there might be a little bad words like, moron or idiot it is totally fine! It is a great movie so I would recomend it!
Parent Written byKRESPOS July 31, 2011

very funny, feel-good family movie

VERY funny, feel-good family movie. lots of teaching moments (being different is ok, don't bully, etc.) and plenty of potty humor which of course we all liked. no real profanity but words like "ass" (double-meaning, in context of donkey), "stupid idiot", etc. but i see those as teaching moments - "not a nice word to use", etc.
Adult Written bymomoftweens April 9, 2008

sweet and fun for kids

The eight year old I went with loved it. The twelve year old pretended to be too cool but still enjoyed the humor and deep down had a blast.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 8 year old Written bytbs115 December 27, 2008

My Daughter loves it

We sat down as a family to watch this movie - it has been playing repeatedly on HBO. My 4 year old twins love it, especially my daughter. My 8 year old daughter found it ok the first time, but did not want to watch it again. Yes, there is some potty humor (so what). Kids love potty humor and also try to make up their own whether we want them to or not. I think people can find something to object to in every movie - so I really try not to worry about some of the minor things. I think some of the objectionable things that parents find in movies are good conversation starters. As an adult, I thought it was funny the first time. The flies are humorous. We are buying the movie because my daughter wants to watch it every time it is on.
Adult Written byGIJane April 9, 2008

Surprisingly good!

I resisted taking my 5 yr old son to this movie. I saw the previews and thought, oh gosh, it's going to be yuk-yuk roll the eyes kind of humor. We were desperate for something to do so we went anyway. It was really great! My son had his eyes on the screen the whole time and was mezmerised! He was elated with the ending and right into the entire movie and knew exactly what they were attempting to do. I was floored that he was so into it. There were alot of older kids in the theatre that really got the jokes and were laughing right out loud so obviously it was a hit with them too! I nearly burst into tears at the end when I watched my son's expression. He moved me just that much. We had a great time! Kids all ages would love it.
Adult Written bylenight@sbcglob... April 9, 2008

ok film for kids

Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

good messages, middling entertainment

My six year old really liked this and I was able to watch it. Very easy to talk about the messages, which are positive and important at this age (believe in yourself and you can succeed even if you're small, different, etc.). We spent most of the ride home repeating the funniest parts, there were half a dozen good jokes.
Adult Written byluckygirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written byliltuffinla April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjennbeau April 9, 2008

Kids loved it

ALL my kids loved this movie, they watched it over and over! I need to buy it for them!!! LOL Starts out sad and ends on a very happy note!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 31, 2012

racing stripes is a well done movie

excellent movie best animal talking movie since babe
Kid, 9 years old August 6, 2012

RACING STRIPES

Good movie about a zebra will be great for toddlers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 30, 2012

g

boring+dumb+slapstick-humar+talking animals= Stupid Movie
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2012

Watch it

I love this movie!
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2011

Painfully Unrealistic

It has decent acting, but the jokes and script are just, well, pathetic. And, when you live on a horse ranch (Like me) movies about horses that have so much unrealistic content (a zebra racing, riding a zebra to school, keeping a zebra with a pony, etc.) can really get on your nerves. MMy friend and I watched it the other day, and we spent the entire laughing at the obvious mistakes instead of paying attention to the actual movie. If you don't really know about farm life, then you'll probably enjoy it. However, if you have horses or know a lot about them, then you'll probably find it dull and stupid.
Parent of a 2, 2, 3, and 5 year old Written bySLPandEE January 25, 2011
The idea is cute; talking animals are generally fun for little ones. Unfortunately, my husband and I agree, that it's not appropriate for the typical talking-animal crowd (ages 5 and under). Most of the humor is adult-directed (jokes and references to the mob, plays on words -usually in place of curse words). Much of the plot and the vast majority of the humor is delivered through the dialog. Being that the diaglog is so adult-directed, it may be difficult for those under 6 to follow. The scene where the pelican enters has a lot of references to violence (pelican is a "hit man") and calls the horse an "ass." We stopped watching once we realized that it wouldn't be appropriate for the kids...it's not funny enough to really enjoy as an adult, unless you could enjoy it with your children. That being said, the message is a good one and it may get better later in the movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2009

Great!

You're child will love this movie, but may be scared in the begining when a thunderstorm hits.

GOOD BUT I SNORED....

it was good, a little sad, but i was bored at some parts of it
Adult Written byjlondon April 9, 2008

Winner

This is a great moving about following your dreams. It also addresses issues of diversity. It is not always about looking the part it is what you have in your heart. Some potty humur the Captain Underpants crowd will love this one. David Spade makes a great fly. Kids who love horse movies with an underdog will also enjoy this movie.