All member reviews for Radio Rebel

Teen, 14 years old Written byoOSlowMotionOo February 18, 2012

Surprised

This is surprisingly good for a disney movie.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

Really good, but simalar

I love this movie's messages! Tara is a shy, sweet girl that's afraid to speak, but when she's radio Rebel she's an outgoing, expressive, upbeat girl that's not afraid of anything! I like how Tara is considerate of the mean girl, who does have some pretty mean tricks up her sleave. But, this movie is quite simlar to, hmm, say Lemonade Mouth? Oliviva and Tara are basicully the same role: a sweet, shy girl. Wen is just like the Gavian, the sorta popular-but down to earth guy that falls for the shy sweet girl. Audrey is kinda like Stella, and or MO. Same plot, mean principal that wants to shut down the band or radio rebel, and will stop at nothing to get what he or she wants. Overal this is a good movie, but Disney needs to start finding a new plot. Also, I think their are some pretty mature relashionships going on.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2012

Radio Rebel

Radio Rebel is a okay movie that could have been better. But it has good positive messages but no jokes or anything exactly what you could call fun. Overall Radio Rebel is okay but could have been better.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2015

Radio rebel

*****THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ***** Radio rebel is a good disney movie about a shy high school girl named Tara starts a radio podcast named radio rebel . Almost everyone in school listens to her nightly podcast. She keeps her identity a secret. This movie is awesome ! Let your kids watch it . It is a sweet movie . This movie has inspired me to start an online radio station /podcast.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFearofchicken13 January 9, 2013

not as good as the book

The movie was based off a book. Though you might not know that because Disney change EVERYTHING to fit in with their rebellious teenager look they're going for. I personally saw the movie and thought that the message was good (about being yourself not the music thing) but the whole plot wasnt really one. Tara Adams starts getting classmates to rebel against the principal who doesnt allow music in class (no school does. its school) I did some research and found its based off a book called "Shrinking violet" that has the same self empowerment and be yourself attitude but without the crap disney added about rebelling. I love the movie but its a disapointment campared to what it could've been
Kid, 8 years old November 4, 2012

A total MUST-see.

Amazing. It tells you to conquer your fears, and it shows you how to stand up for yourself. Might as well be the best movie ever. MUST see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunky5558 June 28, 2012

Watch this PLZ!!!!

I thought that it was good for kids about 6 and up. (like most things on Disney) it's really good, trust me.
Kid, 11 years old June 24, 2012

Good Film

I loved this and I'm under thirteen...rating it for 7 & up is a bit silly because Disney channel have made it! It's going to be no worse than what little ones watch in disney movies! I have given it language because even if this isn't actually swearing, it does say: "Oh my God" and in my book little children saying that isn't right.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2012

Best Disney Channel Movie Ever!

This movie was awesome! I totally enjoyed it, and found myself re-watching it like a million times. Radio Rebel deffinetly gives good messages and is a great role model.The Movie is about a Shy Girl named Tara who is secrety Radio Rebel. Thorught the movie, Tara finds her strength,and herself.
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2012

KIDS WANT FUN

I think its alright that kids get to have fun
Teen, 13 years old Written byBridgitM707700 May 11, 2012

Disney's Best Ever Movie

This is a great movie.It has countless positive messages.Tara is painfully shy so she creates the radio DJ persona of Radio Rebel to rebell against the status quo and the unfairness in school with cliques+judgements.There are great role models and even the bad role models change as the movie progresses.The plot is simple but interesting and relatable.Anyone who has been bullied or is severely shy will relate to Debby Ryan's character Tara Adams.The actors were incredibly talented and had great chemistery.The music is so rad and just awesome to listen to.Simply put,one of Disney's best movies ever along with Lemonade Mouth.This movie provides good messages about rejecting the status quo and expressing yourself.There is some teen flirting and minor kissing but nothing to be concerned about.All I have to say is:You won't regret watching this!Overall,this was a very inspirnational movie and rocked!
Teen, 16 years old Written byjamingboyz April 30, 2012

awesome

This is awesome!!!! you're child and be 2 & up to watch!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

You Go Girl

Inspires kids to be themselves! Luv it! I was bullied for a long time this year and this helped me to not care! I you Debby Ryan!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 March 11, 2012

Typical Disney fare

This film is similar to Lemonade Mouth because the main character (as Radio Rebel) encourages kids to speak their mind, plus the principal wants to expell Radio Rebel. SPOILER ALERT I think the end's very unrealistic, when Terra reveals to everyone she's Radio Rebel and (in order to save her from getting expelled) everyone else says they're Radio Rebel so the principal doesn't know who it is. END OF SPOILER I didn't like the antics when Terra's two friends try to figure out who Radio Rebel really is, it wasn't funny to me. Not a bad film, though. Parents: there is some kissing and flirting, plus there is a mean girl who verbally bullies, but it's very mild.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetrae1 February 19, 2012

Bullied or not you can do it!

I saw this movie last night and was in love with the message it showed. It told me even if you are being knocked down with shyness, and being bullied you can show your self on radio, your true self! I learned that if I want to do something I can do it even when the most popular person at my school says I can't!
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2012

Great movie!

I thought It was a great movie about expressing who you are and standing out from the other people it had a lot of good lessons in the movie,but there was a little kissing at the end.other than that I thought it was a wonderful movie!
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2012

Extreme Messages

This brand new Disney Channel Original Movie is actually pretty decent. I was surprisingly entertained. The acting was cheesy. That was bad. This has extremely strong positive messages and role models. The main character influences the school to be positive in every way. There are so many positive messages that I can't count how many there are. The main character is a positive role model. There is some flirting and minor kissing. Nothing else to be concerned about. What I say: You won't regret watching this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 February 17, 2012

Really good movie for shy kids!

I just saw this movie and it was really good. It had some negative role models, but all of them (excluding the selfish, unfair school principal) change for good at the end. It also has great messages about standing up for what you believe in, overcoming bullying and being yourself, and taking risks. Also, Tara overcoming her shyness is a great example for shy kids. Good for kids 7+. Sex: Some teen flirting and a few kisses, but it doesn't go farther than that.