All member reviews for Raging Bull

Boxing movie masterpiece still brutal, bloody.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 23, 2012

Really beautiful and really graphic, but not nearly as much as CSM says.

My suggested MPAA rating: R for pervasive strong language, sequences of boxing violence, and for a scene of sexuality. Violence: 3/5 - Other than one scene towards the end, this doesn't get any more graphic than Rocky. In fact, Rocky may be a bit more graphic than much of this because a) it's in color and b) it has that scene where Rocky's eyelid gets ripped off with a razor. Sex: 3.5/5 - Hard to miss when it comes up. There's one sex scene that lasts about four minutes; I skipped over it and missed not one bit of the plot. There are also sexual references. Language: 5/5 - VERY strong, and very offensive. "F--k" is used at least 70 times throughout the film, "c--t" is used two or three times near the very end of the film, and there are instances of other swear words such as "c--k" and "s--t".
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 March 10, 2012

No reviews yet?!?

Before I say anything I find it hard to believe no one has reviewed this yet. Anyways I didn't think it was brutal like CSM thought it was, but then that's just me. The only fight scene I found disturbing was maybe the last one shown in the movie. Also the scene where Jake bangs his head against the wall was kind of disturbing. Like I said I didn't find it brutal like CSM says.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRagingBull April 10, 2012

A fantastic must-see with bad language

This is fantastic! One of the greatest movies ever. There is talk of sex and one sex scene, but nothing to explicit. The language is constant, and the violence is pretty bad, however, it's in black-and-white, so it's not too bad. It's nothing compared to some of Scorsese's other movies.
Adult Written bymayjay May 4, 2015

Meh

Don't believe the hype. It's overrated. An interesting biopic that is full of great boxing sequences while some other boring scenes from LaMotta's life fill the rest of it. The dialogue is too explicit and cheap.
Adult Written bysarge123 February 5, 2015