All member reviews for Rags

Sweet modern fairytale shows off singing talents of stars.

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2012

Disappointed

To be honest with you, I am a little disappointed in this movie. It seems that all the kids movies today are about being famous or singing. It does have positive messages though.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2012

A Great Cinderella Twist ;^)

I think this is a really good movie and I can see a lot of relations to Cinderella. The more times I see it, the more connections I find. I like how in this movie, Cinderella's a boy and there's Princess Charming. Positive Messages: Believe in yourself and don't let anyone stop you from conquering your goals. Positive Role Models: Charlie Prince (Max Schneider) teaches children that you can do anything you set your mind to. Shaun (Drake Bell) is constantly trying to help him with that. Kadee Worth (Keke Palmer) doesn't like all the clothes and makeup and songs that she's forced to sing. "Love You, Hate You" is the name of one of the songs she sings. "I love you so much, I hate you so bad, and lyrics like that, but Kadee doesn't like it. Violence: Charlie climbs a pole that falls back and he has to jump on the windowsill, but that's not very violent or scary (except for Charlie). Sex: A couple kisses and in one scene where Kadee does a music video, she's shown wearing heavy makeup and a onesie she can barely move in, complete with super high wedges she has to dance in. A guy takes his shirt off and asks Kadee to sign it, but he's not a super gorgeous hunk or anything--in fact, he needs to work out. So the shirtlessness wasn't really a problem as the guy wasn't cute. Language: One "butt" you can barely hear, not even really referring to the body part ("Get your butt up here!") Consumerism: References to MTV, but nothing more. Drinking and drugs: Diego puts a tiny umbrella in something that looks like a martini, but who knows. Overall: This story is quite cute and good for girls and boys ages 7 1/2 and up.
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2012

RAGS

The nickoledon movie rags is a very good movie that shows and teaches kids that whatever you do you can do anything as long as you go for it. It was also a really good twist on cinderella.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2013

a speech

age 10 and up should watch this movie or a big family
Parent Written byStanleypuss July 14, 2012

Rags

It is a good movie about a boy and a girl that share things and problems with their family. It has a small bit of kissing and a little bad words for strong minors. It is perfect for 6-7 and up. As a number it was the best movie I've seen on NICKELODEON.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2012

Rags is Great!!!

I have watched this movie 4 times in a week. Rags has great humor, a little romance, and is a great story of following your dreams. The music is fantastic and is usually heartfelt by the main characters.
Kid, 11 years old June 10, 2012

Good!

It's not bad actually. Since it was Nickelodeon, I almost didn't bother. But I'm glad I did! I love how the characters are set up and the story! It's a musical, but not high school musical, if you know what I mean. So, next time it comes on, check it out!
Kid, 9 years old June 9, 2012

It was predictable to me. The nobody is singing and then sings on stage it was very annoying. I gonna see "let it shine"
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a classic Cinderella tale except its all about the Prince Charming and him meeting his famous super star Cinderella. Charlie just wanted to sing and he is so talented but his step dad is in the way of that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJaydaBanana May 28, 2012

I Loved It!

This was an amazing movie. I loved how it was in New York (because I live there). The one problem I had was that in NY the buses and taxis don't look like that. I loved the music, and the acting was pretty good. The humor was good too. I also liked the fact that the couple was interracial and this time the GIRL was black, and they actually looked like they liked each other. It shows kids early that things like that are not uncommon and are normal. You know, small things like when he held her hand and he kind of rubbed it a little. And when he looked at her he looked like he liked her. I swooned. The movie wasn't horribly unrealistic like the Hannah Montana and High School Musical movies, but it wasn't totally realistic.