Light drama with some appealing moments.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

This was a great movie!

Raising Helen was great! There was a good amount of sexual content but it was handeled in a moral way, especially twords the end. It was a movie that made you laugh cry and watch a second time. Because of some mature issues though I wouldnt recomened this for pre-teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written by♥fo... April 9, 2008

Great movie!

This is a great movie for girls 13 and up. I watched it at a sleepover with two of my friends and I loved it! There is some implied sex, Helen unbuttons a guy's shirt, then they go into his house and close the door anda teenager goes to a hotel after the prom with with another boy. The S word is said once or twice. Other then that, it's an awesome movie! I laughed, almost cried, and truly enjoyed it.
Adult Written bysassy007 April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written bySS1234 July 27, 2015

Not inappropriate

Saw this movie and feel it should be PG. It has once use of Shit and 3 or 4 of Ass which isn't even bad. I chose 9 as younger kids will not understand the film
Adult Written bywonder dove May 24, 2013

Nice movie with good messages!

Raising Helen is a good family movie for kids 11 and up. I like the messages throughout about having to eventually grow up, take responsibility and realize that life is no game. Helen (Kate Hudson) is a carefree, happy-go-lucky party girl with not much to worry about. She has the perfect job, a great pool of friends and a nice home. Until she learns that her sister and brother-in-law are killed in an accident leaving behind their three children. Helen then discovers that her sister left the kids to her, which should have gone to her older, more responsible sister that already has experience. The two sisters bicker often, but eventually understand each other. Helen comes to realize that her life is changing and that she must give up her old ways to become a more responsible adult - which she finds out isn't so bad after all. Cute story, seemed to drag on a little though as 2 hours is quite long for a chick flick. Violence isn't bad but deals a lot with death including a family pet turtle. Family arguments. A neighbor goes nuts when she tries to get rid of teens who are partying. Language has uses of sh*t - even by kids, some other common cuss words but no "f" words. Sexual content includes adult flirting, a woman and man make-out, two teens enter a hotel after prom (nothing happens). There is some smoking including around kids, a teen girl tries smoking at her party. Some light drinking. Okay for 11+ viewers.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Ify

Good message. Being strong, trusting, moving on and good love. A bit iffy. Some kisses, sugestive outfits (bikinis and bare chests) and a couple almost make love but dont in the end. Dominique's company is a noticable placement
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 October 26, 2009

GREAT GREAT GREAT MOVIE !!!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVERRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The things to worry about are mentioned in the CSM review.. mild non-explicit sexual references which are age appropriate 11-12 = iffy content 13+ = GREAT MOVIE A MUST WATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!! A MUST WATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

I enjoyed this movie...

This movie is pretty good...though there are a few sexual scenes that weren't appropriate for kids my age. Has a pretty good plot that keeps you interested, and for kids 12 and older, it's a good movie to see!
Adult Written byPoptartpm April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written by369258147 April 9, 2008

i cried and laughed

Raising Helen is a great movie for kids to watch epecially if you have recently lost someone in your life that means a lot to you. It's a great movie for kids at all ages starting at 9/10. It makes you cry, it makes your sides hurt because your laughing so hard, and it makes you feel like you're going to get in trouble because you feel like your in the movie and you're one of the characters that are going to get in trouble for leaving the prom, or going to a motel with a guy that's about to get kicked out of school.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrommel101 April 9, 2008

Raising Helen is raiseing laughs!

A light drama for most people (Off a age) Maybe not Kate Hudsons best flim....or maybe not Oscar worthey, but a nice flim for a girls night out.
really gret movie!!! I liked it very much!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byintotherush April 9, 2008

Tweens and teens will love it!

Raising Helen is a good movie for tweens and up but I would not see this movie with a five year old. It was a great message and wonderful actors!! Pretty good for anyone who wants to see a light-hearted family movie.
Adult Written bymamakate April 9, 2008

good movie for intended audience

The thing I liked best about this film is that it realistically portrays a pastor as a human being.