All member reviews for Rambo: First Blood Part II

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 21, 2010

A more violent, cartoonish, boring movie than the first

This film was boring, very violent, piece of crap. It looked good, but was not. It was very dumb. Get Rambo 3 if you want more boring, violent piece of crap. I say rent it
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2009

Good but a little IFFY

This movie was pretty good. There was a lot of violence but nothing Really Really bad. Just a lot of blood. For one example I remember an arrow being shot through a mans forehead. The language was a little inopropriate. I have not seen this movie in a while but I think they said the F word at least once.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquickbuild2345 February 29, 2012

Lame but classic action movie with lots of over-the-top violence.

This is a brainless action movie with lots of explosions and shooting, but I can't deny that it's a classic in the lone-wolf genre. Violence: much more than the first. Lots of shooting with sprays of blood and bullet holes. Several people are shot with arrows - one at close-range in the face. Rambo stabs several people with his knife and in one instance we see blood dribble down his hand. Countless people are enveloped in explosions. Rambo shoots an explosive arrow into a man's chest and the man blows up. Plenty of hand-to-hand combat. Sex: a prostitute is shown. We see a woman presumably naked, but her knees and below is all that's visible. Language: one f-word and several uses each of "h**l," "d**n," "b**t**d," "s**t," and religious profanities.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy February 19, 2015

More violent than first blood

The main thing you should worry about here is the violence, the language isn't AWFUL, and this isn't inappropriate for most 12 year olds. Just beware of the violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilm geek March 2, 2014

The sequel is never as good as the original

In part II, there is DEFINITELY not as much swearing as the first one. However, at one point, this movie did hold a record for the most violent scenes in a movie. Its a much better movie if you know a bit about Vietnam at the time. In summary, not as good as the first one but still quite a good Rambo movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 August 24, 2013

My opinion

This isn't a great movie in my opinion but if I ever want to have a guys weekend with my friends we watch this along with commando and predator
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag January 1, 2013

The opposite of the original - in both quality and messages. Mature teens and up!

"Rambo: First Blood II" is a 1985 sequel to the 1982 post-vietnam drama "First Blood". ---------------------------- What made the original First Blood so fascinating? It wasn't overblown action and glorification of exaggerated patriotism. It was the way the movie depicted a vietnam veteran. Rambo was a traumatized man that just couldn't handle what he experienced. The movie was a critical look at war and how we see it. But this sequel here destroys everything the original movie provided. Now, the entire movie is about Rambo freeing prisoners from the "oh so bad" vietnamese guys. It turned into a racist, war-glorifying and right-winged action flick with a trivial, almost propaganda-like plot and minimal effort in acting and cinematic values. In other words: it is the opposite to the first movie, which heavily critisized war, and also was excellent in a cinematic way. Also, the action is that lengthy and over-blown that it gets rather tiring than any interesting. You can make action more fascinating than this. It is hard to believe James Cameron co-wrote the screenplay, for he is commonly known for making fairly excellent movies. In conclusion, "Rambo: First Blood II" fails at plot, acting and action, and is not even entertaining on a low level. But the worst is its high contrast to its preceeder, and its unpleasantly conspicuous message. ------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) The violence is non-stop, but not too graphic. Rambo shoots several people, with both guns and explosive arrows. both of which is shown - sometimes resulting in visible blood. Rambo is electroduced on a grid, and yells in pain. He is then cut under his eye. Also, you should know that this movie has a subtle right-winged, and a strong war glorifying message. Language is not as strong as in the first one, there is one use of the f-word, as well as some milder profanity. Mature teens and up can handle the movie, but be aware of the bad messages.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2012

Good Movie (most people think it's corny though)

This was a great war classic. There was not much blood and not much foul language ("f word" once). In my opinion, Glory was better though.
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2012

first blood part 2

if you mix vietnom and rambo you get the second rambo.Just like the first this movie has a lot of blood and not as much curcing as the first, third, and fourth.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 June 3, 2010

Great Movie 13+

Well it has a strong message about GI`s coming back from wars with emotional problems. Rambo kills one person because he was shooting at him and harms defensively but not kill people trying to hunt him down. must see movie